How to counter Ilshavohs when playing Nomad land?

General Discussions about The Nomads.

Moderators: Softly, pip, Brute51, CookieNoob, JJ173, Moritz

How to counter Ilshavohs when playing Nomad land?

Postby Titanicium » 01 Jun 2014, 23:42

Good evening :)

I was just playing a game with a friend of mine on Setons with me and him as the two land players and the rest AI. I tried out the Nomads and he stayed with his "faithful" Seraphim.

What basically happened was that I was doing alright and got all the reclaim in the middle, but around 10 minutes in he just came with wave after wave of Ilshavohs at me. i tried countering them with Heavy tanks, T2 and T1 PD, plus my commander, but they just got themselves f-ed. The overcharge on the Com is some weird rapid fire thingie which doesn't seem to do much, the PDs just got overwhelmed and the Heavy tanks seemed rather useless.

Any ideas?
Insert signature here

Coming later
Titanicium
Crusader

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Panzer

Re: How to counter Ilshavohs when playing Nomad land?

Postby Apofenas » 01 Jun 2014, 23:58

I did mention to pip about ilshawohs being very effective against nomad t2 land once. He said to try to mix more t1 tank hunters and t2 emp tanks. That did help me a couple times.
BalanceVictim wrote:I tried it out, and yes, the anti-torpedo is a useful tool now. Sadly, the rest of the unit is still extremely weak compared to any other frig
Apofenas
Contributor

Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 180 times
FAF User Name: Apofenas

Postby pip » 02 Jun 2014, 08:26

Apofenas is right. EMP tanks will slow down and neutralize certain Ilshavoh while t1 sniper tanks, t2 pd and t2 tanks will kill them. Without EMP tanks, it will be hard to kill Ilshavoh and survive their assault. Nomads is the opposite of Seraphim. Except t3 land, Sera has few but powerful units and you can just spam one type of unit (t1 mobile arties, Ilshavoh, destroyer, t3 sub, etc). For Nomads, you need to mix your army at every stage, and adjust the ratio of units you need accoring to the type of the threat.

As for Nomads Overcharge, its spread shot is more designed against units protected by mobile shields, which the overcharge can kill along with the units below, and also to kill units behind the target you aimed at. If you feel that you are threatened by a very dangerous threat, don't forget to activate the capacitor of the ACU, that increases firepower, regen and buildpower, and also the strength of overcharge (more radius and damage over time).
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Aulex » 03 Jun 2014, 22:48

Wait, it increases build power, that seems a bit ridiculous. I mean when you spawn in you have wasted energy meaning your capacitor fills up about half way, this can be used to speed up the first factory production and get out earlier units.
"Let's start beating ass and die" - drunk TA4Life

"Just because you have a d*** doesn't mean you need to be one...pussy" -Blackdeath

SCOUTING SAVES LIVES
http://imgur.com/YGk0W0o

How to play Sup Com by Ubilaz
http://goo.gl/je83z
Aulex
Contributor

Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: VoR_Aulex

Postby Aulex » 03 Jun 2014, 22:54

Never mind, did testing, i'm wrong, guess you have to wait until it fills up before it can be used
"Let's start beating ass and die" - drunk TA4Life

"Just because you have a d*** doesn't mean you need to be one...pussy" -Blackdeath

SCOUTING SAVES LIVES
http://imgur.com/YGk0W0o

How to play Sup Com by Ubilaz
http://goo.gl/je83z
Aulex
Contributor

Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: VoR_Aulex

Postby pip » 03 Jun 2014, 23:28

Aulex wrote:Never mind, did testing, i'm wrong, guess you have to wait until it fills up before it can be used

Yep. If you wait until it fills up without building nothing, you become way behind, and if you build something, your energy storage is not full anymore and capacitor will start to deplete.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 27 Jun 2014, 19:17

against isvahor you had not so big problem when you use EMP tanks, your heavy tank had solid dmg and very nice hp, and cost 90mass less as isvahor. When you mix EMP tanks with heav tanks emp outrange isvahor stund them and you can deal with him with your heavy tanks. or also with T1 tank destroer as someone say. Bigger problem are aeons, because obsidian had shield and until you dont het it out you cant stun him. So you need use your range on emp, damage him shiled and them pare him on on face to face becasuse he lose 2/3 HP
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Return to Nomads Discussions