T3 NOVA tank

General Discussions about The Nomads.

Moderators: Softly, pip, Brute51, CookieNoob, JJ173, Moritz

T3 NOVA tank

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 15 Mar 2014, 17:56

Nomad T3 nova is most uglier tank what i ever see. realy :D hes worse like this "woman" http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/ori ... 91/dc9.jpg Cybran brick is bad loking units, but nova is styl winer of this category.

I think that big unaesthetic point is bad symmetric. When nova would had canon in middle, not on side it will look much more better, and that canon can be muth more bigger too. Something like is T2 Klinn hammer but on tank, when nova is something like T3 aurora, it need canon like T3 units.

PS: Nomads so good !
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Re: T3 NOVA tank

Postby Brute51 » 15 Mar 2014, 18:18

:D yeah it is not the prettiest unit but it is not that bad IMO. I didn't design the unit, someone before me did. It looks like it was supposed to have a big thruster at the rear. There are even bones for it in the model, as if someone wanted to give it a speed ability. I guess that's what the fins are for on the rear side.
The Nova was supposed to be a very strong unit, positioned somewhere between T3 and experimental. Originally it was refered to as a T3.5 unit.
Brute51

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: Brute51

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 15 Mar 2014, 18:51

Nova is good, but that visual... :D
But i dont had feeling that it is stronger like another T3. It is like outhum, good is that is can hover, but on land it is not stronger. I thing its good at it is...

And you cant move that canon on midle? or isnt motivation do somthing with that ? :D I know that is nothing for what people starst play nomads more, but i likely more capture enemy moving harbringer/outhum like build and looking on nova :D
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Postby pip » 15 Mar 2014, 18:55

Some Nomads units have asymetrical design, so I guess the modeler intended this (a bit same as Percival with gun on a side). Perfect symetry is more an Aeon thing.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 25 Mar 2014, 12:51

yes i know that some has assimetric designe but on percies it looks good, that gun in right had is real big and look dangerous, on nova is all symethric only gun is totaly asimetrhic, it make it looks horible.
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Return to Nomads Discussions