In game problem.

General Discussions about The Nomads.

Moderators: Softly, pip, Brute51, CookieNoob, JJ173, Moritz

Re: In game problem.

Postby Ze_PilOt » 27 Feb 2014, 10:00

He needs a game.log. He can know how by reading the red wall of text in the tech forum.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Turnus » 27 Feb 2014, 10:26

I modified the third log linked in taffy's post, it now contains the game log. Sorry for being a noob and not reading..

I took a peek at it myself, and saw a lot of "unable to find textures" now im no coder (and really have no knowledge) but i know lack of textures can cause issues, could that be the cause. Also i attempted to reinstall Nomads as well and no change.
Turnus

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Turnus

Postby Ze_PilOt » 27 Feb 2014, 12:25

Unless there is a bug in nomads, I would say it's a UI mod messing with the unit view panel that is incompatible with nomads (or just plain broken).

Try disabling any mod.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Brute51 » 27 Feb 2014, 20:13

As Zep says, there's a problem with a UI mod. If you're using GAZ_UI or Hotbuild try using the one included in Nomads, it should work. Otherwise just disable all mods and see if that works. Then enable them one at a time, checking each time whether Nomdas works until you've found the culprit.
Brute51

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: Brute51

Postby Turnus » 27 Feb 2014, 23:25

Brute51 wrote:As Zep says, there's a problem with a UI mod. If you're using GAZ_UI or Hotbuild try using the one included in Nomads, it should work. Otherwise just disable all mods and see if that works. Then enable them one at a time, checking each time whether Nomdas works until you've found the culprit.

The thing is that game had ALL mods disabled, including the net lag adjuster. I'll try it again and double check.

Edit: Yup no mods and still crashing. Would it be a good idea to clean install my forged alliance?
Turnus

Postby Brute51 » 28 Feb 2014, 21:36

Yes please do that. Also please clear game files (via FAF options menu). You'll have to redownload some files afterwards but it might fix the problem.
Brute51

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: Brute51

Postby Turnus » 02 Mar 2014, 00:06

Brute51 wrote:Yes please do that. Also please clear game files (via FAF options menu). You'll have to redownload some files afterwards but it might fix the problem.

A Comonation for Clean install and clearing game files has cleared up this issue.
Turnus

Previous

Return to Nomads Discussions