Snipertank select priority

General Discussions about The Nomads.

Moderators: Softly, pip, Brute51, CookieNoob, JJ173, Moritz

Snipertank select priority

Postby ColonelSheppard » 14 Aug 2013, 11:33

What do you think about lowering the select priority of the sniper tank?
Because in 90% of the case when i want my army to move i don't want these tanks to move as they lose accuracy. I think this could greatly improve the handling of this unit.
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Re: Snipertank select priority

Postby pip » 14 Aug 2013, 14:22

ColonelSheppard wrote:What do you think about lowering the select priority of the sniper tank?
Because in 90% of the case when i want my army to move i don't want these tanks to move as they lose accuracy. I think this could greatly improve the handling of this unit.

I don't understand. There is no gradiant for selection priority of attack units, you select attack units or not (other kinds). We cannot make snipers engineers, because then, it means we remove them from shortcuts like ctrl+L, etc. What is already possible though, and the way to play them, is to make groups of units with ctrl+1, 2, etc. One group without them, one group with them (and probably also the t1 mobile AA / artillery, that is better at the back).

There are many ways to make this easier, for instance using a factory that only builds t1 tank and another that makes other t1 units (scouts, t1 aa, snipers) and set them to distinct rally points, so that when you select them, they are already ready to be put in a group. Or better : do this automatically by ctrl+1 the 1st factory and ctrl+2 the second one, so that all units end up in a different group, where snipers are easy to control.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Return to Nomads Discussions