Incompetence can lead to victory.

General Discussions about The Nomads.

Moderators: Softly, pip, Brute51, CookieNoob, JJ173, Moritz

Incompetence can lead to victory.

Postby Spades_Neil » 31 May 2013, 00:20

Story time!

So I made my friend get the game last night. It was a 3 way free for all with one AI. We sort of agreed to take out the AI first before attacking each other but the AI broke (I think it was because we had mods before getting FAF that messed up the AI mods included in FAF.) So we're just kind of idly shelling the enemy base on this tiny 5km or 10km map.

Well, I decide to be a d***. I build a nuke launcher and get three missiles in the tube. One for the AI, one for his base, and one for his secondary base in a crater in the middle of the map.

"STRATEGIC LAUNCH DETECTED."

Mr. Pink (my friend): Strategic what?
Me: You'll see.
*enemy base blows up a moment later*
Mr. Pink: Ooooooooohhhh nice.
"STRATEGIC LAUNCH DETECTED."
Mr. Pink: Wait, what? ... Oh no. Spades is that going to my base?
Me: *silently grinning*
Mr. Pink: Oh f*** oh f*** oh f***!

My face when

A few moments later, his middle base goes up in a mushroom cloud, but I realize his main base is still up. Now, I have a quantum optics facility and so I take a closer look at his base, his commander, his monkeylord I was also aiming to hit... WHEN DID HE BUILD AN ANTI-NUKE LAUNCHER?! He doesn't even know what it is!!

Turns out, in his bumbling incompetence, he saved himself. He was trying to build a nuke launcher and built a nuke defense.

Moments later, his monkeylord marches in for revenge, flattening hundreds of T1 and T2 ground units I had patrolling. He then flattens my base and kills my strategic launch silo and commander in one blast despite my spamming T2 point defense and desperately retreating beneath my shields.

He has the replay if anyone wants to see, but it's pretty boring until the end.
Spades_Neil

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Spades_Neil

Return to Nomads Discussions