New Thread Rules

General Discussions about The Nomads.

Moderators: Softly, pip, Brute51, CookieNoob, JJ173, Moritz

New Thread Rules

Postby Softly » 21 Sep 2012, 16:25

I'm going to layout here what I would like to see on the new nomads thread area that is accesible by the public. There will be one locked topic (example following) and then everyone else will be able to post whatever topics they want subject to moderation. :

-------------------------------------

Welcome to the nomads public discussion area. This forum subscribes to the same rules policy as described here:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=581&start=0
and will be moderated.

Furthermore, this forum is not an area where speculation/rumours are to be confirmed or denied and while we may take on-board constructive ideas we are under no obligation to do so. If you wish to take a more active role in developing the nomads then please follow this link to apply to become a member of the testing team.
**Application form?**

All official nomad videos can be found here:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... e=view_all Videos to be uploaded shortly

Please do not post topics unrelated to nomads, but otherwise enjoy your time here!

---------------------------------------

I know there has been an application form in the past, can it be "reactivated" and tweaked so we can get new testers in. The nomads is currently suffering from a chronic lack of play testing but once we get a few more on-board then I'm sure that lots more games will be possible. I would like to add a rules of use section as well that essentially says no testing for x number of days without reason = removal from nomads.

Feedback welcome.
Softly
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 251 times
FAF User Name: Softles

Re: New Thread Rules

Postby Softly » 21 Sep 2012, 20:04

As far as the application form is concerned, I think it should be something to be reviewed by say three people who can discuss and come to an agreement as to who should be let in. I would suggest for this role UK_Open, Killhard, and pip, as they are relatively active and I think they have the necessary judgement.
Softly
Supreme Commander

Postby pip » 23 Sep 2012, 16:55

Moritz was the one who put up the form but he disappeared. You can maybe pm him. Otherwise, i don't think you need a form. Just use the forum to check who is interested and if you know yourself players that are interested. I think we need Seton's players onboard and enough players in general to allow for Seton's games and 4x4 games.

You can also ask good players that are not interested in testing nomads if they are willing to help play any of the other faction against Nomads, so that they don't need to learn the Nomads, just play what they do normally.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Brute51 » 07 Oct 2012, 22:37

If the form is still wanted I can see if I can find and revive the script that Moritz made. But it's gonna take me a few hours so if not needed I won't do it.
Brute51

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: Brute51

Postby Softly » 07 Oct 2012, 22:54

Leave it
Softly
Supreme Commander