Nomad issues

General Discussions about The Nomads.

Moderators: Softly, pip, Brute51, CookieNoob, JJ173, Moritz

Re: Nomad issues

Postby Brute51 » 02 Aug 2012, 19:23

Thanks for going at it again!

- The stealth shield cost is a balancing matter, not a bug in the software. So I won't change it now.
- I can't seem to repro the walls problem that you mentioned.
- Naval units sinking require a sinking animation. Most Nomads units don't have one or have a weird one. That's what's causing the weird sinking problems.
Brute51

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: Brute51

Postby Softly » 02 Aug 2012, 19:42

Ok sure on the navy sinking- so long as it doesn't get forgotten.

fafreplay://239547

Demonstration of the problem with wall building
Softly
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 251 times
FAF User Name: Softles

Postby Brute51 » 02 Aug 2012, 20:16

Just tried to do exactly what you do but no build effect problems.

fafreplay://239630
Brute51

Postby Softly » 02 Aug 2012, 22:52

DilliDalli wrote:It only seems to occur with a t3 commander

To clarify the commander needs to have the tech 3 engineering upgrade, its a rather specific set of circumstances that are required.

There is no issue with this any other time as far as I know, although I haven't tested sACUs with different upgrades.
Softly
Supreme Commander

Postby TheArmMaXimuS » 11 Aug 2012, 17:51

[/attachment]
1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
XXOldskoolXX
TheArmMaXimuS

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Oldskool

Postby Softly » 11 Aug 2012, 20:40

@ arm maximus does it never get out of transit? Have you used this--> http://www.fa-nomads.com/faf/FA_shader_fixer.zip

Done some testing myself of unit ejection times for factories (t1), compared to other factions.
Land was exactly the same after 100 engineers built for all factions
Air was very different; sera finished 100 engies, with aeon only having done 94 by then, uef 89, nomads 80, and cybran 73. So nomads do seem slightly slow, but they are a lot better than cybran :D One note though is that they can only release units in one direction, unlike other factions.

Also had a look at the crawler (exp missile tank), its tracking rockets seem to get extra range when you put bombard on (although I didn't look to see if they still tracked). Thats fine although I just want to check its intentional.

Also noticed that land facs don't have their floor correct it would seem. Whenever they release units, they sink into the floor of the fac right after they finish building, they sink into the ramp off the fac too. Just an aesthetic issue.

Finally whats the status of the wall building and com bom glitches?
Softly
Supreme Commander

Postby Softly » 15 Aug 2012, 23:59

When a missile from a mml (or presumably other sources) comes into the line of a beamers fire, it blocks the beamers fire without loss of the missile. This means you can effectively stop a beamer from using its weapon simply by attacking it with multiple mmls...

Found this playing pig, how crazy is that?

Tested properly here: fafreplay://262569
Softly
Supreme Commander

Postby Brute51 » 16 Aug 2012, 09:53

Hey Dilli, nice find! It's the same for the Monkeylord. I did not test other beam units but I suppose it's intended behaviour, appearantly.
Brute51

Postby TheBlade » 23 Aug 2012, 17:29

Im new here so i hope these things are actually new.

I found that the bombardment mode doesn't really show any difference,but perhaps a better way of indicating would be nice, and a shifting cool down.
the t2 field engies seem rather cheap compared to the buildings.. A bit less range but there a lot cheaper, and mobile.. and an engineer.
Also when you get a few of them they cannot build TMD or TML, it blows up or only one of them works on it.
Then the SCU starts with left and right arm upgrades... Perhaps its planned but i just noticed. also they are damn fast.
And finally, some sort of way to indicate units are actually getting arti support, i had no idea if i was using it the right way.
So.. That was my first test run, i could add the replay but it looks silly.
TheBlade

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: TheBlade

Postby pip » 23 Aug 2012, 18:18

Hi and thanks for your feedback!

1) Bombard mode usually makes the unit fire randomly in front of it, from left to right, at a faster rate of fire. Only the Crawler (Experimental Missile Launcher) has a different, custom bombard mode also less accurate, but with more projectiles.

2) the Field engineer is a new unit, like the sparky. It has a TMD as additional feature, but with limited range and rate of fire compared to the static TMD. If it's too good for its price, the TMD rate of fire will be reduced, so that 2 mobile ones are as efficient as a static one (for now it's 2/3).

3) the SCU starts with an engineer upgrade and a weapon upgrade. If you want to turn him in a dedicated engineer, it will lose all weapons, or if you prefer a full combat SCU, it will have very limited buildpower.

4) Artillery support is indicated by a sort of halo that appears on the unit that is supporting an artillery. But for artillery support to work, the supporting unit needs to be in range of the target. Gunships and t2 main tank have artillery support, you can bring them close to an enemy unit and see the halo if an artillery benefits from their support to target something.

See you on the battlefield!
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

PreviousNext

Return to Nomads Discussions