Some Nomads Bugs:

General Discussions about The Nomads.

Moderators: Softly, pip, Brute51, CookieNoob, JJ173, Moritz

Some Nomads Bugs:

Postby StevenC21 » 29 Jan 2018, 22:22

Hi. I just played the Nomads mod for FAF (Obviously), and I have noticed a few bugs, or at least differences from other factions.
1. Some units/structures have improper nicknames or designations, as in, some have none, some have the unit type as the nickname, and the Tech 2 Power Generator is labelled as a "Tech 2 Antimatter-Reactor", whereas both Tech 1 and 3 list it as a "Power Generator".
2. Not really a bug, but an inconsistency with all other factions: The Nomad sACU has to have an upgrade to be able to build non-factories. This seems like a remnant of something, at least to me.

Edit:
3. Some Structures (The Factory HQs), have naming schemes that differ from the standard. Ex. Nomads Factory: Tech 2 Land Factory (HQ) vs Aeon/Cybran/UEF/Seraphim Factory: Tech 2 Land Factory HQ.

Edit 2 (Update):
4. New "bug", the Tech 3 Mass Fabs haven't been given the FA rebalance, they still take 3500 energy, versus other factions taking 1500. This one could be wrong, but as far as I know there is a balance issue here.

5. I don't seem to be able to activate Orbital Bombardment without use of the minimap. Is this intended? I am using GAZ_UI, as it is FAF Integrated, if it matters.

Note: I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just notice things like this a lot.
Last edited by StevenC21 on 01 Feb 2018, 02:42, edited 2 times in total.
StevenC21
Crusader

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: StevenC21

Re: Some Nomads Bugs:

Postby CookieNoob » 30 Jan 2018, 16:15

StevenC21 wrote:Hi. I just played the Nomads mod for FAF (Obviously), and I have noticed a few bugs, or at least differences from other factions.
1. Some units/structures have improper nicknames or designations, as in, some have none, some have the unit type as the nickname, and the Tech 2 Power Generator is labelled as a "Tech 2 Antimatter-Reactor", whereas both Tech 1 and 3 list it as a "Power Generator".
2. Not really a bug, but an inconsistency with all other factions: The Nomad sACU has to have an upgrade to be able to build non-factories. This seems like a remnant of something, at least to me.

Edit:
3. Some Structures (The Factory HQs), have naming schemes that differ from the standard. Ex. Nomads Factory: Tech 2 Land Factory (HQ) vs Aeon/Cybran/UEF/Seraphim Factory: Tech 2 Land Factory HQ.

Hi, thx for the report!

about the first one: the power generators should be called
t1: Power Generator
t2: Antimatter Reactor
t3: Advanced Antimatter Reactor
if they are not, then its a bug and I'll fix it when i have the time to do so. [EDIT] I checked and they are named properly

about the second one: the sacus for nomads were intended to be the main combat units for nomads at t3 (from the original nomads team) so their build ability is not their main role... this will be changed eventually

the third issue: will be fixed soon
Check out the next level of maps: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=13014
For adaptivity, customizability and less clutter in the vault.
CookieNoob
Priest

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 249 times
FAF User Name: CookieNoob

Postby StevenC21 » 01 Feb 2018, 01:16

Hi, thx for the report!

about the first one: the power generators should be called
t1: Power Generator
t2: Antimatter Reactor
t3: Advanced Antimatter Reactor
if they are not, then its a bug and I'll fix it when i have the time to do so. [EDIT] I checked and they are named properly

about the second one: the sacus for nomads were intended to be the main combat units for nomads at t3 (from the original nomads team) so their build ability is not their main role... this will be changed eventually

the third issue: will be fixed soon

Thanks for listening! I suppose I just didn't realize that was how the Nomads were flavored, and I assumed it was incorrect. Thanks for listening!!!

Edit: On the Generator point, you misunderstand. I mean that the Generator says Antimatter Reactor: Tech 2 Antimatter Reactor, whereas Tech 1 and 3 are [Name]: Tech x Power Generator.

Edit 2: New "bug", the Tech 3 Mass Fabs haven't been given the FA rebalance, they still take 3500 energy, versus other factions taking 1500. This one could be wrong, but as far as I know there is a balance issue here.
StevenC21
Crusader

FAF User Name: StevenC21

Postby Apofenas » 01 Feb 2018, 03:43

This is patched with external mod like many other things viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15729&p=160091#p160091 and will be fixed soon in main core.
BalanceVictim wrote:I tried it out, and yes, the anti-torpedo is a useful tool now. Sadly, the rest of the unit is still extremely weak compared to any other frig
Apofenas
Contributor

Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 180 times
FAF User Name: Apofenas

Postby StevenC21 » 02 Feb 2018, 05:24

Ahh, thank you!
StevenC21
Crusader