When is the last time somebody played Nomads?

General Discussions about The Nomads.

Moderators: Softly, pip, Brute51, CookieNoob, JJ173, Moritz

When is the last time somebody played Nomads?

Postby FunkOff » 10 Apr 2012, 01:46

This is a serious question. I can't remember the last time I played nomads, but it's been several months.

I love Nomads, it's a great mod, it's very unique and well put together, but nobody plays it because nobody plays it, and nobody plays it because 99% of the FAF community doesn't have access to it. How many people are on the ladder? Over 3000. How many are in the Nomads beta? Less than 30?

Just make it open beta. There's no harm in it.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Re: When is the last time somebody played Nomads?

Postby Kryo » 10 Apr 2012, 09:58

i was added to the beta in FAF, played vs ai to have a look at all units, that were new and what they changed to the old ones.... noone ever wanted mp and it didnt seem that the team is working on it (you remember the other thread, where we suggested to release it...)

this was >1 month ago, since I didnt play.
Kryo
Evaluator

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Kryo

Postby uberge3k » 10 Apr 2012, 13:01

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=553&start=40

Brute51 wrote:Look, the current version of Nomads on FAF is far from complete and dont mean just the models. There really are plenty of (semi) obvious bugs in it. The textures of the units differ much from each other, there is no clear theme making the units look incoherent. If it's up to me the current version will not be made public (open beta or otherwise). I've learned from the 2 tries to start up a (closed) test; in the current situation this open test period you appearantly are so eager to start won't go well. 'We' have one shot to make Nomads known and popular among the community. If we take that shot now it'll fail for sure. Adding even more UEF placeholder models is only going to make it worse.
The ones who currently have access to Nomads on FAF can play it and that will not change. Their feedback is greatly appreciated and please keep it coming. Meanwhile the team continues to work on the project. Updates will come and we'll see what happens once it's sufficiently matured.
Ze_PilOt wrote:If you want something to happen, do it yourself.
uberge3k
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 48 times
FAF User Name: TAG_UBER

Postby Moritz » 10 Apr 2012, 14:22

Nomads developers are working on it alot recently (look here), nobody plays because more than 50% of the players that wanted to join beta just wanted to kill their curiosity and play nomads once, I am planning to renew nomads beta players, and you just need to play, 1x1 and 2x2 can be played easily with the number of nomads players online I am used to see before.

As brute51 said, Nomads still need a lot of work before coming in open public.
Moritz

Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: Moritz

Postby Isen » 17 Apr 2012, 09:39

last week i have tried to host nomads games, but i got the nomads update and after i still couldnt host.
Isen

Been liked: 9 times
FAF User Name: Isen_

Postby Isen » 19 Apr 2012, 11:43

ok its alright now, i hope to see you little noobs playing nomads more now! ill be trying to make some games going
Isen

Been liked: 9 times
FAF User Name: Isen_

Return to Nomads Discussions