Faction Diversity

Post here any idea about current FA Balance.
REMINDER : This is NOT a community balance forum. The thread ideas won't be used in a patch.
Forum rules REMINDER : This is NOT a community balance forum. The thread ideas won't be used in a patch.

Re: Faction Diversity

Postby Ze_PilOt » 16 Sep 2011, 16:56

I'm agree that a little extra range on the disruptor would be nice. Just enough to be able to shoot a shield without being able to be shoot down by a T2 PD under that shield. And an higher shoot priority on shield units/building, if it's possible... FunkOff ? :)

But when you take your courage and do the extra micro, they are EXTREMELY deathly against a turtler.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby FunkOff » 16 Sep 2011, 17:05

Yes, it's possible. All I would have to so is make a special category and put all units with shields in that category and tell the disruptor to prioritize those units first. It's a tedious, but fundamentally simple change.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby Ze_PilOt » 16 Sep 2011, 17:06

Hmmmm... It's so tempting to implement directly without further testing :)
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby Unconsumeable » 16 Sep 2011, 17:56

if you go through the trouble, make 2 categories: shields and bubbles (anything with radius >= mobile shields).
the disrupter has 0 damage area and fires like an artillery - should focus on static shields and big targets primary (call em bubbles).

oh, and i was wrong, absolver has 60 range, t3pd 70, just an insult for a fragile long range support t3 weapon, it needs atleast to be 70, better 75. and the dps in the unitdb seems messed up (t3pd has 8750 dps), probably not factoring in reload time.
Unconsumeable
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Isen » 16 Sep 2011, 23:37

are you seriously speaking about the aeon disruptors?, i think they are usefull against mobile shields, and btw.... the faction who has the better shields has the disruptor... :roll:
Isen

Been liked: 9 times
FAF User Name: Isen_

Postby FunkOff » 16 Sep 2011, 23:41

I agree with isen: Only aeon has anti-shield unit. No other faction has a unit that is particularly effective vs shields. It's kinda BS.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby Treble » 17 Sep 2011, 00:05

Cybran should have it. Sera has sniper bots, UEF has ravager creeping and Fatboy.
Treble

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Ze_PilOt » 17 Sep 2011, 00:07

What was the title of the thread again ? :)

They don't have T2 bot, it's BS ! :)
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby Raging_Squirrel » 17 Sep 2011, 11:01

When I was making the units DB, I faced a problem of assigning strategic icons to units.
And because I didn't want to make it for over 300 units by myself, I had to do look for the ways how it was done on the original site.

And here I've found something that, well not shocked, but did surprise me big time:
(the same for each faction)

there are some nice ideas (like fighter/missile) haven't been implemented yet, I want to belive
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat with experience.
Raging_Squirrel
Priest

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: Raging_Squirrel

Postby Lu_Xun_17 » 17 Sep 2011, 11:35

it's not linked to this topic, but it would be a good idea to get different icons to separate pgen and energy storage, and separate mex and mass storage.
So it would be easier to focus what we want :D
Lu_Xun_17
Contributor

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 224 times
FAF User Name: LuXy

Previous

Return to FA Balance Discussions