FAF Balance Patch Test Mod

Post here any idea about current FA Balance.
REMINDER : This is NOT a community balance forum. The thread ideas won't be used in a patch.
Forum rules REMINDER : This is NOT a community balance forum. The thread ideas won't be used in a patch.

FAF Balance Patch Test Mod

Postby FunkOff » 10 Nov 2011, 01:49

NOTE: NOT COMPATIBLE WITH LAZY SHARE. YOU MUST DISABLE LAZY SHARE TO USE THIS MOD.

Basically, I took a lot of ideas, a lot of input from various players, and I put it all into one mod. It's attached to this post. Just place the .zip into your my documents ... Mods directory. DO NOT UNPACK.

Edit: I do not know if this mod works with 3599. It's not really designed for it: It was designed for 3609. It's compatible with both 3608 as well. However, some bugs in 3608 can be annoying, such as the lack of TML range rings for the missile subs.

Here is the condensed list of changes:

-Quantum Gate teleportation
-SMS and Seraphim Carrier TML adjustment, now effective against T3 ships
-Corsair kiting AA fix (completed) (tested and passed)
-Mercy Adjustment (completed)
-No radar on T1 bombers (completed)
-Radar on air scouts (completed) (tested and passed)
-Serpahim destroyer slight buff
-Seraphim T1 sub anti torp slight buff
-Serpahim Yenzyne range 18-23
-Seraphim T3 mobile Shield energy cost from -300 to -200 (completed)
-Seraphim T1 Selen turrent yaw up
-Tempest hp: 60,000, from 35,000
-Torpedo Bomber adjustments
-Carrier AA range up, Cybran carrier TMD range/damage up (completed) (tested and passed)
-T1 frigate AA buffed
-T2 and T3 engineer build power buffed
-Medusa cost/time decrease
-Serpahim acu regen aura no longer sucks
--T2 massfabs no longer chain-kill each other

Here is the complete list, pulled from my personal notes:

-Quantum Gate teleportation (completed) (tested and passed)
--Quauntum Gates now teleport non-XP land units units, either to other gates or to open space via a beacon
-SMS and Carrier TML adjustment, now effective against T3 ships (completed) (tested and passed)
--Seraphim Carrier TML range from 150 to 175, TML damage radius to 0.5, from 3
--SIFLaanseTacticalMissile03_proj.bp health increased from 1 to 2, max speed from 12 to 24, tracking, turn rate from 0 to 0.5, new movement script
--Aeon SMS energy cost from 800,000 to 80,000, Damage radius 0.5 from 2 (range was already 175)
--AIFMissileSerpentine02_proj.bp max speed 24 from 12 (health was already 2), tracks target, turn rate from 0 to 0.75, new movement script
--Cybran SMS, energy cost from 800,000 to 80,000 range from 150 to 175, damage radius from 4 to 0.5,
--CIFMissileTactical02_proj.bp max speed 24 from 12 (health was already 2), tracks target, turn rate from 0 to 0.5, new movement script
--UEF SMS energy cost from 800,000 to 80,000 range already 175, damage radius from 3 to 0.5
--TIFMissileCruise02_proj.bp speed 24 from 12 (health was already 2), tracks target, turn rate from 0 to 0.5, new movement script
-Corsair fix (completed) (tested and passed)
--Corsair anti-ground weapon range from 45 to 35 (mobile flak range is 40, for reference)
--Max Radius from 25, to 15, fuel recharge rate to 3, from 0
-No radar on T1 bombers (completed)
--Aeon Bomber RadarRadius = 0, #from 65
--UEF bomber RadarRadius = 0, #from 65
--Cybran bomber RadarRadius = 0, #from 65
--Seraphim bomber RadarRadius = 0, #from 65
-Radar on air scouts (completed) (tested and passed)
--Aeon RadarRadius = 65, #from 0
--Cybran RadarRadius = 65, #from 0
--UEF RadarRadius = 65, #from 0
--Seraphim RadarRadius = 65, #from 0
-Serpahim destroyer slight buff (completed) (tested and passed)
--Second beam weapon damage from 42 to 47 (first one also has 47)
-Seraphim T1 sub anti torp slight buff (completed) (tested and passed)
--Anti-torp RateOfFire = 0.2, #from 0.05
-Serpahim Yenzyne range 18-23 (completed) (tested and passed)
-Seraphim T3 mobile Shield energy cost from -300 to -200 (completed)
-Seraphim T1 Selen turrent yaw up (completed)
--From 30 to 120 (still cannot shoot behind itself, but can shoot to the sides)
-Tempest hp: 60,000, from 35,000 (completed and tested)
--With micro, cybran bship was able to get it down to 17k health remaining before death... this can't be OP
-UEF Torpedo Bomber drop like normal + vulnerable to anti torp, all torp bombers lower build time (completed) (tested and passed)
--UEF Torp Bomber Build time to 1200 from 1600
--TANAnglerTorpedo06_proj.bp (muzzle vel 14), now enters water to engage target, (was already vulnerable to anti-torps)
--Aeon Torp Bomber build time to 1200 from 1600
--Cybran torp bomber build time to 1200 from 1600
--Seraphim torp bomber build time to 1200 from 1600
-Carrier AA range up, TMD range/damage up (completed) (tested and passed)
--Seraphim Carrier AA range from 75 to 110
--Aeon Carrier AA range from 75 to 110
--Cybran Carrer AA range from 75 to 110, TMD range from 50 to 70
-T1 frigate AA up (completed) (tested and passed... still die to bombers fairly easily.)
--UEF frigate AA from 7 to 10 damage
--Cybran frigate AA from 3 to 5 damage
--Seraphim Frigate AA from 2 to 4 damage
-15 build power for T2 engies and 45 build power for T3 engies (from 10 and 15/20) (completed) (tested and passed)
--Aeon T2 from 10 to 15
--Aeon T3 from 20 to 45
--UEF T2 from 10 to 15
--UEF T3 from 15 to 45
--Cybran T2 from 10 to 15
--Cybran T3 from 25 to 45
--Seraphim T2 from 10 to 15
--Seraphim T3 from 20 to 45
-Medusa cost/time decrease (completed) (tested and passed)
--BuildCostMass = 42, #from 48
--BuildTime = 180, #from 240
-Serpahim acu regen (make it not suck) (completed) (tested and passed)
--RegenAura now has radius 26 (from 15), regens 2% (from 0.55%)
--RegenCeiling reduced to 30, from 75 (This means the regen aura will never give more than 30 regen to any unit.)
--Test case: Thaam: Will recieve +6 regen
--Test case 2: Illshova: Will recieve +30 regen
--AdvancedAura now has radius 26 (from 25), regens 4% (from 1.1%)
--RegenCeiling reduced to 100, from 200
--MaxHealthBuff increased to 10%, from 1%. Minimum buff increased to 50 hp, from 0.
--Test case: Illshovah: Will recieve +250 max health, +100 regen
--If a unit is buffed with advanced regen field and leave the aura, it will retain it's +10% health. However, one shot from any weapon will return it's health to it's normal max health. (A kill shot will still be a skill shot, however.)
-T2 mass fabs hp up to 500 (completed) (tested and passed)
--Aeon/uef/cyb/sera
Attachments
FAF Balance Patch Test Mod.zip
(183.78 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
Last edited by FunkOff on 11 Nov 2011, 01:33, edited 1 time in total.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Re: FAF Balance Patch Test Mod

Postby Mr Pinguin » 10 Nov 2011, 05:13

Cool. Thanks for putting this together and sharing it Funk.

I think that you and I have some different ideas about unit roles and ideal balance, but it's good to have somewhere to start. :) And some of your changes (or the directions) are pretty similar to changes I've used, especially with the Seraphim.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I have a lot of time for testing/playing SupCom these days, but if it's alright with you (and if I'm feeling ambitious) then I might try to merge your mod in with some of my old balance-mod files and ideas..

If I decide to do that though, I'll definitely check with you before I post/share anything.
Mr Pinguin

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby FunkOff » 10 Nov 2011, 05:32

Mr Pinguin wrote:Cool. Thanks for putting this together and sharing it Funk.

I think that you and I have some different ideas about unit roles and ideal balance, but it's good to have somewhere to start. :) And some of your changes (or the directions) are pretty similar to changes I've used, especially with the Seraphim.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I have a lot of time for testing/playing SupCom these days, but if it's alright with you (and if I'm feeling ambitious) then I might try to merge your mod in with some of my old balance-mod files and ideas..

If I decide to do that though, I'll definitely check with you before I post/share anything.

You and others are free to post feedback about the ideas shown in this mod as well as any other ideas you may have for balance changes for me to put into the next version.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby Karottenrambo » 10 Nov 2011, 12:06

Im not sure if all of these changes are needed/improve the gameplay. Anyway, will download and test it :)

Btw: Cant find any t2 gunship change... Armma will not be pleased.
Karottenrambo

Postby pip » 10 Nov 2011, 12:45

Most changes seem rather good, some are not bad, a few seem completely OP.

I don't like the fact that you can teleport with Quantum gate somewhere where there is no other quantum gate.

I believe the mega buff to Sera regen is completely OP and would rather have other lesser buff to Sera rather than such a huge buff for one ability that will be a must do thing. There are softer ways to improve the ACU / the faction.

But all in all, I'd like the game to include this kind of changes. Some needed improvements are missing, some need retweaking, but balancing is a process, not something to be set in stone forever. So I think it's a good step, testing is required and from it can emerge betterness.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Pavese » 10 Nov 2011, 13:50

Quauntum Gates now teleport non-XP land units units, either to other gates or to open space via a beacon

What is the Beacon? Should be a SCU with Tele-Reciver Upgrade.

If not then hf with 20 percys suddenly in your PGens and no way to stop it :(

As much as i like the idea, Beaming Units to someplace without a warning is not balanced. The only reason you dont see it atm is because SCUs cost 10k mass and do 100 DPS which makes the whole idea of beaming somewhat useles.

+ can Atlantis also has buff to AA range?
Pavese

Postby -_V_- » 10 Nov 2011, 14:05

I don't understand the reason behind most of the changes, but I guess it was just to tweak for the sake of it.
There are some buff like the tempest that are nice.

Here's the list of the points i really disagree with.

-Quantum Gate teleportation (completed) (tested and passed)
--Quauntum Gates now teleport non-XP land units units, either to other gates or to open space via a beacon

Hello it's a cool feature, it's a big gameplay change. I think it should be reserved to a mod, and not be in the base "balance".
What's next ? ACU head taking off and going to base ? :lol:

FunkOff wrote:-Corsair kiting AA fix (completed) (tested and passed)

As I already explained, I don't see why bombers shouldn't be allowed to dodge some AA shootings. I don't think you can dodge 100% all the time right ? It's complete faction diversity as in the nature of the weapon is different than the others. IF you change that, then you gotta change all the shit with the other weapons, like the aeon/sera beams that miss, the sera torpedos that don't hit, the sera PDs that hit the ground... Should I continue? This is obviously contradictory to faction diversity.

Range 15 ? Hum so they are like impossible to use now or close ? t1 AA range is 32 (more than double) ... It was already a BIG gamble and a hard one to use them to snipe a commander. Now I guess it will be a miracle if it works. To me it seems to come from frustration and bitterness from ranked players who lost because they got too confident and simply got owned by a "noobish" tactic. :roll:

-Torpedo Bomber adjustments

t2 navy was already really powerfull. First you nerfed the t3 air and bombers. Second you buffed the cruisers AA. Now you make the torps slower to build ... Erf... Only me can see the problem here ?

-Medusa cost/time decrease

Don't the cybran have the best t1 land unit (if we set aside the hover capability of auroras) as the mantises ?
Faster, more maneuverable. Their arties are crap. Well fortunately...

--T2 massfabs no longer chain-kill each other

mcnoobycakie will be happy. He will be able to play simcity while feeling safer. You're encouraging turtle , and at the same time "beginners" to use mass fabs instead of expanding and upgrading their mexes. They are already fuckin up their dev because of the hives/stations. Bring back viable mass fab farming and it will get worse.

Basically it's contrary to the spirit of FA.

-----

-Serpahim acu regen aura no longer sucks

About this one I just wanted to know if now it repairs the ACU or not. imho if the ACU isn't repaired it's still kinda useless.
-_V_-
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby pip » 10 Nov 2011, 14:17

Sera regen won't ever repair ACU again. Funkoff's numbers would make this ability far from useless. 100 HP regen Ilshavoh is more than scary.
I also don't understand much the changes for torp bombers.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby -_V_- » 10 Nov 2011, 14:18

Did they stop being outranged ?
-_V_-
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Pavese » 10 Nov 2011, 14:22

Funk, your shit is breaking my game.

Commander Module is not spawning, No ressources to start, all build options available on the commander,no build animation on factorys, bombers not dropping bombs, nothing upgrades properly, no projectiles from any unit.
Pavese

Next

Return to FA Balance Discussions