FAF Balance Patch Test Mod

Post here any idea about current FA Balance.
REMINDER : This is NOT a community balance forum. The thread ideas won't be used in a patch.
Forum rules REMINDER : This is NOT a community balance forum. The thread ideas won't be used in a patch.

Re: FAF Balance Patch Test Mod

Postby Karottenrambo » 10 Nov 2011, 14:26

Guys calm down, the beacon ist visually and by radar visible. The qantum gate can only teleport one unit at a time, so no 9001 suprise-percys in your base...
Karottenrambo

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby pip » 10 Nov 2011, 14:31

Pavese wrote:Funk, your shit is breaking my game.

Commander Module is not spawning, No ressources to start, all build options available on the commander,no build animation on factorys, bombers not dropping bombs, nothing upgrades properly, no projectiles from any unit.

Same here. Invisible ACU can be funny, you have to spot it thanks to footprints ...
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby -_V_- » 10 Nov 2011, 14:38

Karottenrambo wrote:Guys calm down, the beacon ist visually and by radar visible. The qantum gate can only teleport one unit at a time, so no 9001 suprise-percys in your base...

Can you imagine the teleportation of a percival next to your nuke defense ?
-_V_-
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby FunkOff » 10 Nov 2011, 14:59

pip wrote:
Pavese wrote:Funk, your shit is breaking my game.

Commander Module is not spawning, No ressources to start, all build options available on the commander,no build animation on factorys, bombers not dropping bombs, nothing upgrades properly, no projectiles from any unit.

Same here. Invisible ACU can be funny, you have to spot it thanks to footprints ...

I was unable to reproduce this bug from your description. Please run the mod, once you see the error, find fa.log in C:FA - Lobby and paste the contents to pastebin.com. Thank you!

I'm 100% serious that I tested this for game-breaking issues before giving it to you guys... so I'm a little surprised something big like this slipped through XD

Also V, please read more carefully: Torpedo bombers were BUFFED, not nerfed (lower build times mean they build faster, not slower.) Also, it's impossible to teleport a unit into an enemy base with the quantum gate: If you try, the beacon will be shot... it has 10 health... if it dies, the quantum gate dies too. So basically, any LAB can kill a quantum gate this way. Further, units are sent one at a time... it will never be SURPRISE 50 Percivals.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby -_V_- » 10 Nov 2011, 15:17

You are right , I misread the changes about the torps.

My other remarks stand though.
-_V_-
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby pip » 10 Nov 2011, 15:18

Funk, try to activate only your mod in FAF, no other stuff. You will be surprised. My ACU was invisible, had access to all construction options up to experimentals right from the start.
http://pastebin.com/vMPBihQt
pip
Supreme Commander

Postby FunkOff » 10 Nov 2011, 15:31

pip wrote:Funk, try to activate only your mod in FAF, no other stuff. You will be surprised. My ACU was invisible, had access to all construction options up to experimentals right from the start.
http://pastebin.com/vMPBihQt

Yes, your acu being invisible is a result of the script not loading. However, scripts load like a tree, and the ACU is one of the highest branches. If there is a problem with any script between that high branch and the base (in this metaphor, the engine) then the same result will be produced, but it doesn't help me locate the problem.

Also, I looked at your log and there are no game-breaking errors in there. What faction were you, so I can at least try that?
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby pip » 10 Nov 2011, 16:08

Sera.
EDIT: But same thing happens with every ACU, when I launch a skirmish agains CPU.
pip
Supreme Commander

Postby Karottenrambo » 10 Nov 2011, 17:49

Hum, the mod works fine for me.
Karottenrambo

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby noobymcnoobcake » 10 Nov 2011, 18:44

There is not a single one of these changes I disagree too. Good work

One small change I would like is cheaper T3 siedge units. I dont thing there can be many arguments against these as at the moment your better off investing this mass into more percys/harbs/briskstanks unless there is like 10+ PD. Anyone agree to these changes?

-T3 artillery mass cost 800-600 - cost is better invested into percivals unless position is very heavily defended.
-T3 sniper bots mass cost 800-600. Never used at the moment.
-T3 absolver anti shield range 60-80. At the moment it is outranged my ravages and mmls. With this change it will have the same range as the UEF spearhead.

yenzume 18-23 is not enough. Give it 10 buff to range. It will still suck compared to the other factions hovertank.

-Serpahim destroyer slight buff (completed) (tested and passed)
--Second beam weapon damage from 42 to 47 (first one also has 47)
-Seraphim T1 sub anti torp slight buff (completed) (tested and passed)
--Anti-torp RateOfFire = 0.2, #from 0.05
-Serpahim Yenzyne range 18-23 (completed) (tested and passed)
-Seraphim T3 mobile Shield energy cost from -300 to -200 (completed)

would look better like

-Serpahim destroyer slight buff (completed) (tested and passed)
--Second beam weapon damage from 42 to 47 (first one also has 47)
-Seraphim T1 sub anti torp slight buff (completed) (tested and passed)
--Anti-torp RateOfFire = 0.2, #from 0.05
-Serpahim Yenzyne range 18-23 (completed) (tested and passed)
-Seraphim T3 mobile Shield energy cost from -300 to -200 (completed)

Much easier to see the changes.
noobymcnoobcake
Evaluator

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 5 times

PreviousNext

Return to FA Balance Discussions