Air experimentals

Post here any idea about current FA Balance.
REMINDER : This is NOT a community balance forum. The thread ideas won't be used in a patch.
Forum rules REMINDER : This is NOT a community balance forum. The thread ideas won't be used in a patch.

Air experimentals

Postby microwavelazer » 03 Nov 2011, 02:13

Prior to the 3603 patch most air experimental were severely underpowered, especially the seraphim bomber. Now they have been given an indirect buff since ASFs were nerved.
The question is do we like them where there at now.
•The Sole Ripper seems to be OK as a meat shield for other gunships but with the buffs to stationary AA is it worth building vs strat bombers or T3 gunships.
•The Czar seems to be OK as a defensive factory/airborne pd but it is still very fragile and its only real advantage is it’s not as vulnerable to mobile flack compared to restorers.
•The aswassa is the world best torpedo bomber and can 1 shot Percivals but by the stage of the game when there are large navies and T3 land armies there are also large swarms of ASFs which still murder Aswassas very easily. Not to mention how much more cost effective normal bombers are.
I’m not pretending to be an expert in balance but what do you think? Did the 3603 make them even worth building or is standard T3 air the better option in all cases?
microwavelazer
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: hells-fire

Re: Air experimentals

Postby Treble » 03 Nov 2011, 04:28

They're fine as is. Strategic bombers are almost always a better choice though. So maybe they aren't fine as is.
Treble

Postby Gowerly » 03 Nov 2011, 10:54

An Asswasher rush is viable. If you can hold a chokepoint and get everyne working on it, you can pump it out before there are too many ASFs, and with some micro you can take out the t1/t2/t3 air mix they may have. It one-shots t1 and t2 planes and 4-shots t3 planes. It's actually really pretty good.
Gowerly
Evaluator

FAF User Name: Gowerly

Postby -_V_- » 03 Nov 2011, 11:31

Ok any replay of this ? I wanna see that in game and do what you said it did
-_V_-
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Pavese » 03 Nov 2011, 11:42

The czar is imo not fine.

The only use is to to be a giant Diskus and to die in your enemys base (over some important stuff or some nergy) and kill it/eco stall your opponent.

It's not a flying fortress, it's sort of a giant t4 Mercy that will go through shields and i dont like it.....
Pavese

Postby Gowerly » 03 Nov 2011, 11:47

-_V_- wrote:Ok any replay of this ? I wanna see that in game and do what you said it did
I find it hard to get people to agree to it. I've done it by myself in some games (mainly phantoms) and it's devastating. However, you do need it quite fast.
Gowerly
Evaluator

Postby -_V_- » 03 Nov 2011, 11:52

Pavese wrote:The czar is imo not fine.

The only use is to to be a giant Diskus and to die in your enemys base (over some important stuff or some nergy) and kill it/eco stall your opponent.

It's not a flying fortress, it's sort of a giant t4 Mercy that will go through shields and i dont like it.....

Don't let it built ? And it's been nerfed in your balance anyway, it can't even kill a full health commander :roll:
-_V_-
Supreme Commander

Postby -_V_- » 03 Nov 2011, 11:53

Gowerly wrote:
-_V_- wrote:Ok any replay of this ? I wanna see that in game and do what you said it did
I find it hard to get people to agree to it. I've done it by myself in some games (mainly phantoms) and it's devastating. However, you do need it quite fast.

Well the cost in energy is quite huge. In game even with double RAS I need to make extra t3 pgens to build it fast.

That bomber dies so fast to even a few asf, that's a huge risk.
-_V_-
Supreme Commander

Postby Gowerly » 03 Nov 2011, 12:19

-_V_- wrote:
Gowerly wrote:

Well the cost in energy is quite huge. In game even with double RAS I need to make extra t3 pgens to build it fast.

That bomber dies so fast to even a few asf, that's a huge risk.

I disagree with "few ASFs > Asswasher". It can kill, easily, a fair number of them, especially if you slow down, speed it up. It has a lower minimum speed, so stopping it can mean the ASFs overshoot. It also can kill an ASF in 4 seconds.

I'm contemplating trying it out with sera double regen to run it out on raids then park it next to my ACU to recover.
Gowerly
Evaluator

Postby -_V_- » 03 Nov 2011, 12:50

Could we test it ?

I think you're wrong but I hope you're right and hope to discover a new trick.
-_V_-
Supreme Commander

Next

Return to FA Balance Discussions