The Corsair's anti-ground weapon

Post here any idea about current FA Balance.
REMINDER : This is NOT a community balance forum. The thread ideas won't be used in a patch.
Forum rules REMINDER : This is NOT a community balance forum. The thread ideas won't be used in a patch.

Re: The Corsair's anti-ground weapon

Postby ZLO_RD » 14 Nov 2011, 18:55

LOL, long time ago i invented a tactic (mostly for 3603 and other versions with high cost of t3 air) when i use corsairs just like in that replay, but in case of enemy interceptors i retreat to flacks that always follow the way i want to attack - looks like a mobile safe zone for my t2 bombers :D , it is like when you using tanks to attak and planes to antiair and i am using planes for attack and tanks for antiair, so even t2 aeon ints can not block me totally from using t2 bombers.
i can only fail with microing t2 bombers or with retreating with my flacks^^ (aeons were pushing with shields and flacks, but i had stealth army half t2 bots half flacks, so i can still just run away)

also very cool in team games: you have very mobile units that can help ally, protect from any drops, snipe any stuff :D
(only tryed on 3v3 isis once, was have to retreat with flacks many times)

i don't really care how you will try to fix it or what you will do, i am too happy that i can still discover something new :D

[edit]: corsairs have worst antiair, it is much worse then other factions do...
[edit2]: Uber was talking that corsairs are like avroras... but avroras has many counters (almost everything but not t1 land will counter them) and only good counter for corsairs is t3 air
Last edited by ZLO_RD on 14 Nov 2011, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Re: The Corsair's anti-ground weapon

Postby pip » 14 Nov 2011, 19:17

"Only good counter for Corsairs is t3 air". I guess that sums up why the Corsairs should not be able to behave like this (at least not so well). Thinking about it, it's more like flying Hoplites (same kind of weapon, long range).
Thanks for your post ZLORD, it is honest and gives deeper insight into Corsairs uses.

And yes, you're really impressive to find such tactics!
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Previous

Return to FA Balance Discussions