The Corsair's anti-ground weapon

Post here any idea about current FA Balance.
REMINDER : This is NOT a community balance forum. The thread ideas won't be used in a patch.
Forum rules REMINDER : This is NOT a community balance forum. The thread ideas won't be used in a patch.

Re: The Corsair's anti-ground weapon

Postby Armmagedon » 10 Nov 2011, 22:05

Karottenrambo wrote:
Armmagedon wrote:about corsairs is true that they have a big advantage respect the other t2 bombers, but actually cybran dont have mobil shields

No, but they have mobile stealth which is unique in the game.
Armmagedon wrote:have the worst exp by my point of view

A faction with experimentals like Megalith and Monkeylord cant have the worst experimentals in general.
Armmagedon wrote:the worst ASF

You cant be serious?
Armmagedon wrote:and the worst t2 units

Why, only because of the Rhino? (I guess you mean land)
Armmagedon wrote:the worst t1 arty

Thats true
Armmagedon wrote:the worst com

Not sure
Armmagedon wrote:the worst transport

What a horrible devastating disadvantage, its a wonder that cybran players are able to win some matches. (Btw you can put mobile stealth in the transporters to have stealth transporters...)

you cant compare shields and stealth, stealth suck like hell vs shields, you only need send some int every some time

ylotha , GC pwn ML, probably not the worst cause uef dont have assault exp, but percies easy pwn a ML, ML is easy killable with t3 units, and ylotha and GC are really more cheap that a megalith.
the soul reaper is the shittest air exp
and the scathys the shittesr finisher exp

about t2 units:
they dont have surfaces amph tank and underwater subs pwn all, rhino suck, the amph tank have mega low range, t2 bots or t2 aeon tanks pwn them, and ofc uef tanks with shields mix pwn them too, rocketbots are useless vs shields and t2 sera bots pwn them if you dont have a mega micro.

ASF:
cybran dont shot like all the others ASF a fast bullet, they send missiles and that take more time in kill one unit and changing objetive. im not sure taht they are really worst but i see that like a disvantage

t1 arty is worst you know

com: the com is the worst, 10000 hp, you need choose between gun and t2 upgrade, you cant upgrade his hp with shields or regen
uef and sera can take the t2 and the gun
and aeon too, if dont take range, and if take the range aeon com pwn.

man i play many with transports and is better transport 8 units like sera that 6 like cyb
and you will say that all faction have 6, and i will say see t2 transports on DB, im bored of post data,nobody care it
Armmagedon

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: ARMMAGEDON

Postby Gowerly » 10 Nov 2011, 23:07

I *love* hoplites and wagners. They are amazing. They also have the best MMLs. I would take hoplites and wagners over most other factions t2 units. Throw one or two deceivers in there and you need vision to shoot at the hoplites, rendering other t2 bots with reduced effectiveness. Yes, you can sacrifice air units to see them, but then you're sacrificing air units.
Cybran t2 transports are amazing semi-offensive units. They have EMP that affects all t1+t2 units and buildings. It's ridiculous how much harass you can do with it.
Cybran ACU with early stealth and gun is horrible to deal with. Even modestly skilled ACU controllers can do a lot of unreturned damage until the opponent starts to see you. With even basic unit placement you can then punush your enemies for that.
Yes, it's true that you can't go t2 and gun with cybran ACU. It does, however, have a very underused maser upgrade. For the mass cost, it should be used way more. The energy cost is high, but in 3v3/4v4s that's less of an issue.
Gowerly
Evaluator

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Gowerly

Postby Armmagedon » 11 Nov 2011, 00:25

Gowerly wrote:I *love* hoplites and wagners. They are amazing. They also have the best MMLs. I would take hoplites and wagners over most other factions t2 units. Throw one or two deceivers in there and you need vision to shoot at the hoplites, rendering other t2 bots with reduced effectiveness. Yes, you can sacrifice air units to see them, but then you're sacrificing air units.
Cybran t2 transports are amazing semi-offensive units. They have EMP that affects all t1+t2 units and buildings. It's ridiculous how much harass you can do with it.
Cybran ACU with early stealth and gun is horrible to deal with. Even modestly skilled ACU controllers can do a lot of unreturned damage until the opponent starts to see you. With even basic unit placement you can then punush your enemies for that.
Yes, it's true that you can't go t2 and gun with cybran ACU. It does, however, have a very underused maser upgrade. For the mass cost, it should be used way more. The energy cost is high, but in 3v3/4v4s that's less of an issue.

i want see you taking a t2 bots horde or t2 shielded army with hoplites and wagners
i never see ppl using tranports for attack except with ghettos, a comg with gun and t2 have more hp more regen gun and range you cant compare that with only the stealth, in close combat stealth dont mean nothing if your enemy send his spam more his t2 gun com over the cyb com he is losed, in the time that ppl take maser your enemy can take a mega sniping t2 air army, 10000hp is easy to snipe
Armmagedon

Postby -_V_- » 11 Nov 2011, 00:33

Since you're so obsessed by this "issue", why not use ints to counter the bombers. Surely if ur opponent invests into t2 factory and t2 bombers, you can make like 5 ints / t2 bombers right ? And don't tell me you can't effectively kill corsairs with ints :!:

(5 ints is even like half mass of a corsair , but I took into account the energy cost as well)
-_V_-
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Gowerly » 11 Nov 2011, 01:51

This is, obviously, an option. However, I don't know of many people that go T2 bombers without first some control over the air situation. I'm sure you have played this game enough to know that. This is why the more reliance on t2 static (or even mobile) AA to begin with.
With the other factions (including Aeon, now that we reduced the mercy range for the same reason) not being able to do this without repercussions, there seems no reason why Cybran needs to be able to do it. Yes, faction diversity, but then faction diversity doesn't usually extend to something of this level.
Corsairs have been used a lot without having this as an issue, so it's not like they're completely useless without it. I'm not sure on uber's call that "It will remove something from Cybran" because nobody knew that they could do it until recently, so they're not missing out on much.
Gowerly
Evaluator

Postby Mr Pinguin » 11 Nov 2011, 06:34

Gowerly wrote:Corsairs have been used a lot without having this as an issue, so it's not like they're completely useless without it. I'm not sure on uber's call that "It will remove something from Cybran" because nobody knew that they could do it until recently, so they're not missing out on much.

Yes, I agree. Even with this change, the Corsair is unique because:
1) It fires early during its dive-bomb maneuver, so it can destroy targets where a regular bomber would be shot-down on approach. (This is similar to the torp bombers).
2) It has some limited Air to air ability (although from what I've seen it's very poor.. nothing like the UEF Janus..)

It's still a cool unit imo. I don't know if it's balanced vs the UEF Janus or not, but if it's not then I could see buffing it in other ways. It doesn't need this special, micro-heavy exploit to be unique.
Mr Pinguin

Postby Plasma_Wolf » 11 Nov 2011, 11:41

I read that mobile stealth generators would be useless? Countered by an interceptor?

No, the interceptor provides vision for a moment but as soon as the interceptor is gone (either by flying away or by being shot down), the vision is gone and so the units are gone again.

You'd need continuous vision against the mobile stealth generators in order to counter them and that means sacrificing your air force (well at least a big portion of it).

I have been continuously successful in using hoplites with mobile stealth generators. Against Shielded defence positions (Point defence vision range is lower than the Hoplite's firing range) as well as mobile armies. In both conditions my opponent tried to counter them with air units to provide vision and in both conditions he failed to completely destroy my attack.
Plasma_Wolf
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Plasma_Wolf

Postby noobymcnoobcake » 11 Nov 2011, 22:26

Its not that hard to counter rocket bots killing your PDs. If you are aeon it is hard countered by the intel upgrade and if your anyone else (ESPECILY sera) just send an int/scout over and foucus fire on the stealth generator. Sera airscout gets 30 second view time after death.
noobymcnoobcake
Evaluator

Has liked: 16 times

Postby Armmagedon » 12 Nov 2011, 15:07

Gowerly wrote:This is, obviously, an option. However, I don't know of many people that go T2 bombers without first some control over the air situation. I'm sure you have played this game enough to know that. This is why the more reliance on t2 static (or even mobile) AA to begin with.
With the other factions (including Aeon, now that we reduced the mercy range for the same reason) not being able to do this without repercussions, there seems no reason why Cybran needs to be able to do it. Yes, faction diversity, but then faction diversity doesn't usually extend to something of this level.
Corsairs have been used a lot without having this as an issue, so it's not like they're completely useless without it. I'm not sure on uber's call that "It will remove something from Cybran" because nobody knew that they could do it until recently, so they're not missing out on much.

you cant compare mercys and t2 bombers, how many t2 bombers do you need for do the same that mercys?, and actually i saw mercys flying over flaks and killing coms withtout one casualty by flaks
Armmagedon

Postby Gowerly » 13 Nov 2011, 13:10

When mercy range was reduced, you could start comparing them a bit better. Before, yes, you couldn't, but now, mercies have some chance of dying before they reach their target.
Gowerly
Evaluator

PreviousNext

Return to FA Balance Discussions