Giving Seraphim a unique advantage

Post here any idea about current FA Balance.
REMINDER : This is NOT a community balance forum. The thread ideas won't be used in a patch.
Forum rules REMINDER : This is NOT a community balance forum. The thread ideas won't be used in a patch.

Re: Giving Seraphim a unique advantage

Postby Armmagedon » 06 Nov 2011, 14:32

Sera is underrated here -_-.

sera have the best unit for sea maps, fobos pwn all, you only need fobos and transports, or island near the enemy, you send a transport with engies to islands and spam facts near enemy bases, spam fobos, and good game.

if enemy try to build frigates fast you can drop fobos near his sea fact and 8 fobos can kill a sea fact in seconds.
and then you can say gg
lol, that tactic is 100% effective.

but in the case that you cant do that, sera have good ship too, if the enemy have a mixed army you can spam destroyer and use them like subs, if they have many shields then send the destroyers on his naval facts and kill all engie. you normally need see tactics or how use unit better, dont only see bad units or good units,
if you winned sea spam cruisers, and a base cant spam so many anti missiles for stop 20 cruisers, except can be aeon,and if the enemy is only building antimissiles use fobos on transpot and assault his base, that games is about try that enemy do fails, if you use more tactics the enemy will fail more, if you only sit down to turtle and your oponent is good youre lose except if you sit down and spam t2 gunships that can defend you vs nearly all -_-
i cant believe that you see sera like a underpowered and dont want see OP gunships lol
Armmagedon

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: ARMMAGEDON

Postby -_V_- » 06 Nov 2011, 14:40

:?
-_V_-
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Karottenrambo » 06 Nov 2011, 15:30

Haha hah hahaha... good one Armma, for a second I thought you meant it serious. ;)
Karottenrambo

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Armmagedon » 06 Nov 2011, 16:46

someone want play me 1v1 on sea map i'm sera.
and you know wht i will do ,try win me
Armmagedon

Postby -_V_- » 07 Nov 2011, 02:02

Sorry for the steal Karotten
-_V_-
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby pip » 07 Nov 2011, 16:27

I'd like to see a good player play against Armmagedon as Seraphim on a naval map though. It can be interesting.
And i'd like him to play the rematch on a non naval map afterwards, this also would be interesting.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Karottenrambo » 07 Nov 2011, 17:09

And that should prove what? If he wins as seraphim, seraphim are ok otherwise they are up? Okay, we let armma play against zock on setons...
Karottenrambo

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby pip » 07 Nov 2011, 17:32

Karottenrambo wrote:And that should prove what? If he wins as seraphim, seraphim are ok otherwise they are up? Okay, we let armma play against zock on setons...

It wouldn't prove anything, it would just be interesting. Most players don't need proof of Seraphim underpower.
It would just help to convince Armmagedon that Seraphim are UP even on naval map, and even more on land.
The difficult part is to find someone that has the exact same level as him so that only the faction's strength and not personal skill is the key factor to victory.

What would be a good proof of Seraphim being underpowered would be if the two current best players were to play a series of games playing Seraphim for one of them and another faction for the other, and then switching sides and see the overall results : how many games won by Seraphim in total out of 10 or 20 games for instance.

I don't think it requires any proof, game experience is enough, but this would still be interesting to realize how much Sera is UP (or not that much).
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Armmagedon » 07 Nov 2011, 22:06

you never cant find 1 player that play at same level ever but im nice with play everyone that want,
i winned zock at 1v1 too sometimes, he is really good and play more 1v1 that me and he pwned me hard in some games too.
but man all ppl learn more when lose that when win, then i dont care a lose
its more i want play vs the best players, that's the only way for improve.
and the games that i winned zock was with sera.
i remember a game in a sea map that i winned zock with sera
Armmagedon

Postby Plasma_Wolf » 07 Nov 2011, 22:47

Then playing a 1v1 setons against him won't be any problem for you at all.
Plasma_Wolf
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Plasma_Wolf

PreviousNext

Return to FA Balance Discussions