t2 gunships

Post here any idea about current FA Balance.
REMINDER : This is NOT a community balance forum. The thread ideas won't be used in a patch.
Forum rules REMINDER : This is NOT a community balance forum. The thread ideas won't be used in a patch.

Re: t2 gunships

Postby Karottenrambo » 14 Nov 2011, 14:42

Already tested it, with 20 ints + 5 gunships against equal mass/e/bp ints only, ints only always win.

But you invest not as much ressources into air as somebody who goes full air, except if you go full air too.
Karottenrambo

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby -_V_- » 14 Nov 2011, 14:55

Karottenrambo wrote:Already tested it, with 20 ints + 5 gunships against equal mass/e/bp ints only, ints only always win.

So you admit that an easy and direct counter to GS always win. Therefore how can they be OP ? That makes no sense

But you invest not as much ressources into air as somebody who goes full air, except if you go full air too.

Making more ints doesnt mean necessarily going for full air.
It's simply comparing one attacking force vs its direct counter , and using same amount of resources so that it's fair. The GS never win if the same amount of ress have been spent into air on the opposite side...it's then only logical that the GS are NOT OP.

They can be killed easily before they even reach a crucial unit or building.

What am I missing here ? :?
-_V_-
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Karottenrambo » 14 Nov 2011, 15:04

That you have to spend to much ressources to counter it, Restorers were also be defeated by asf spam with equal mass investment if I have it correct in mind, nevertheless they were brokenly imba. Its the same with t2 gunships + ints, just less dramatically. ;)
Karottenrambo

Postby -_V_- » 14 Nov 2011, 15:19

Yeah but the restorers took way too long to be killed by asf. Even with a lot of asf you need a lot of time to shoot them and they can really snipe something crucial easily.

The other thing is that their AA is just a way too good support for asf.

Both of those don't apply to GS.

Well we are going in circles anyway. I think you guys already made up your mind and logic or facts won't make you change opinion.
-_V_-
Supreme Commander

Postby Karottenrambo » 14 Nov 2011, 16:12

Yeah but the restorers took way too long to be killed by asf. Even with a lot of asf you need a lot of time to shoot them and they can really snipe something crucial easily.

Exactly the same with t2 gunships, they take to long to be killed by ints.
But I already wrote that and yes indeed we are going in circles here, its just the question who is the stubborn person.

The person who has zero practice in the current version and just looks at the stats/tests, or the person who has practice in the current version, looks at the stats/tests and represents the majority opinion of the good players (of course they only play 1on1 on open palms and NEVER something else(thats true)).
Karottenrambo

Postby -_V_- » 14 Nov 2011, 16:37

Well tests IN GAME with your version of the balance are good enough :roll: .

Map choice/preference is irrelevant for this matter. I''ll take that as an obvious childish excuse. You're only lacking valid arguments and therefore try to turn this into a seton/not seton stupid debate (once again :roll: ).

If not accepting false statements, proven invalid by stats and FACTS, and yet to be contradicted with real material, well yeah I accept gladly to be stubborn. I'll take it as a compliment actually ;)
-_V_-
Supreme Commander

Postby Karottenrambo » 14 Nov 2011, 17:06

Tests are still only tests under clinical conditions, in matches things can be different and are not directly obvious from the stats.

Did I accidently wrote seton noob in my comment? I just wanted to counteract your "FAF elitists only 1on1 blabla" argument, you always come with.
Karottenrambo

Postby Pavese » 14 Nov 2011, 17:21

Please check your facts and give me a reason why to build:

Jesters over a T2 gunships?
Fighterbomber when i can gunship + int spam and it will do a better job?
T3 Gunships when T2 gunships outperform them?

T2 Land when all i need is a bunker and air to harass? oh right, to counter gunships :?

Also: why did t2 GS got buffed to begin with? Where are "the facts" for that change?
Pavese

Postby Batmansrueckkehr » 14 Nov 2011, 18:42

jesters over t2 gunships?

in early game where t2 air fac is too expensive.

fighter/bomnber vs gunships init?

for targets which is protected by ground aa, where a single massive attack can do enough dmg to be worth the lost of the fighter/bomber(kill acu, or whole nrg of the enemy, or some t2/t3 mex, or t3 fac..etc)

t3 gunships vs t2 gunships?

build time, and less casualties. do u really prefer 20 t2 gunships vs 4 t3?
UET_bat
Batmansrueckkehr

FAF User Name: batmansrueckkehr

Postby FunkOff » 14 Nov 2011, 18:47

[quote="Pavese]Please check your facts and give me a reason why to build:

Jesters over a T2 gunships?[/quote]

It's impossible to get a T2 gunship in under a minute.

Fighterbomber when i can gunship + int spam and it will do a better job?

Gunship + int doesn't do a better job when the enemy has flak...

T3 Gunships when T2 gunships outperform them?

For when the enemy has flak....
T2 Land when all i need is a bunker and air to harass? oh right, to counter gunships :?

T2 land when you want mobile flak.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

PreviousNext

Return to FA Balance Discussions