t2 gunships

Post here any idea about current FA Balance.
REMINDER : This is NOT a community balance forum. The thread ideas won't be used in a patch.
Forum rules REMINDER : This is NOT a community balance forum. The thread ideas won't be used in a patch.

Re: t2 gunships

Postby Armmagedon » 16 Nov 2011, 15:02

lebensnebel wrote:T2 gunship snipe to counter a t1+ACU push of a forward player is totally legit if you ask me. If you don't like that play a no air game :-P

Nice analysis Mr Pinguin, especially comparison with restorer case.
Once I had a game where I had land and naval advantage, but Armma swarmed my base with gunships. I had ~5 t1 landfacs spamming t1 AA, ~20 eng trying to build stationary t1 AA, 2 t1 naval facs building t1 AA, and a t2 naval fac trying to bring a cruiser (Aeon). Still by camping my base with gunships Armma put me in deep shitt. Unfortunately his PC broke and decided to walk his ACU in my base to die, so we'll never now how the real outcome of that battle will be.

Still the fact that it is possible to camp a t1 base with lots of facs permanently with gunships... I'm not sure if that so good.

lol my pc was fucking me for use that shitty imba tactic lol, i clicked on your base with com and then my pc start to be ultra slow, and when i could move again my com was under million spam, but i could take all your base easy with the gunships, i know that your mates had air, but i had 4 or 5 amph flaks near the gunships
Armmagedon

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: ARMMAGEDON

Postby Mr Pinguin » 17 Nov 2011, 07:10

lebensnebel wrote:T2 gunship snipe to counter a t1+ACU push of a forward player is totally legit if you ask me. If you don't like that play a no air game :-P

Once I had a game where I had land and naval advantage, but Armma swarmed my base with gunships. I had ~5 t1 landfacs spamming t1 AA, ~20 eng trying to build stationary t1 AA, 2 t1 naval facs building t1 AA, and a t2 naval fac trying to bring a cruiser (Aeon). Still by camping my base with gunships Armma put me in deep shitt. Unfortunately his PC broke and decided to walk his ACU in my base to die, so we'll never now how the real outcome of that battle will be.

Still the fact that it is possible to camp a t1 base with lots of facs permanently with gunships... I'm not sure if that so good.

Thanks. :)
As I mentioned.. somewhere.. I tested the T2 and T3 gunships pretty extensively after the 3603 patch was released. However, I never really tested T1 because I thought it had been honed pretty well after all of the competitive 1v1 ladder play, and because I thought that the land-spam gameplay at T1 was already pretty solid.

Anyway, I do think that T2 gunships should have some edge over T1 (that's why we tech up to Tier 2, after all..), but I don't think T1 should be helpless. This is tricky though. I'm not really sure what the ideal balance between T1 AA and Tier 2 gunships should be.

After all, T2 AA is largely useless vs some of the T3 air units, and I think most people accept that as part of the reason why someone techs up to T3.

If I have the time this week, I'll try to run some cost-effectiveness tests with t1 AA vs the T2 gunships. I'm curious to see how that works out.
Mr Pinguin

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Armmagedon » 18 Nov 2011, 12:34

Mr Pinguin wrote:

Thanks. :)
As I mentioned.. somewhere.. I tested the T2 and T3 gunships pretty extensively after the 3603 patch was released. However, I never really tested T1 because I thought it had been honed pretty well after all of the competitive 1v1 ladder play, and because I thought that the land-spam gameplay at T1 was already pretty solid.

Anyway, I do think that T2 gunships should have some edge over T1 (that's why we tech up to Tier 2, after all..), but I don't think T1 should be helpless. This is tricky though. I'm not really sure what the ideal balance between T1 AA and Tier 2 gunships should be.

After all, T2 AA is largely useless vs some of the T3 air units, and I think most people accept that as part of the reason why someone techs up to T3.

If I have the time this week, I'll try to run some cost-effectiveness tests with t1 AA vs the T2 gunships. I'm curious to see how that works out.

man you cant test only effectiveness vs one unit, its not usefull spam t1 AA, cause if you use your facts in build only t1 AA all ppl will overspam you with t1 spam, then a guy with gunships can kill all your t1 AA with his spam and after use the gunships,
Armmagedon

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: ARMMAGEDON

Previous

Return to FA Balance Discussions