Do T2 and T3 Bombers need a buff?

Post here any idea about current FA Balance.
REMINDER : This is NOT a community balance forum. The thread ideas won't be used in a patch.
Forum rules REMINDER : This is NOT a community balance forum. The thread ideas won't be used in a patch.

Do T2 and T3 Bombers need a buff?

Postby Kryo » 24 Aug 2012, 12:17

(except t1 air)

Since the latest changes to how stealth and line of sight and radar and attack commands behave, I feel like t2 and t3 bombers do suck.

They randomly hit a target, as they lose sight and radar of their target very often.
I would suggest to increase t2 and t3 bombers radar and line of sight by 10%.

T1 is fine, as by the time you build them there isnt much aa or stealth so you can quite well bomb with them. But if you have t2 bombers or t3 you will lose them faster than they can hit anything.
Kryo
Evaluator

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Kryo

Re: Do T2 and T3 Bombers need a buff?

Postby Lu_Xun_17 » 24 Aug 2012, 12:23

I think the grace period after losing radar coverage coming in 3619 should solve this. but i'm still not sure they need a buff.
I think T2 and T3 bombers are actually some of the most underused units of the game.
I'm pretty sure it's possible to reach an heavy level of micro with those units. ZLO_rd had worked a lot on corsair's micro, and the result was incredible.
Lu_Xun_17
Contributor

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 224 times
FAF User Name: LuXy

Postby Kryo » 24 Aug 2012, 13:44

Lu_Xun_17 wrote:I think the grace period after losing radar coverage coming in 3619 should solve this. but i'm still not sure they need a buff.
I think T2 and T3 bombers are actually some of the most underused units of the game.
I'm pretty sure it's possible to reach an heavy level of micro with those units. ZLO_rd had worked a lot on corsair's micro, and the result was incredible.

before sam was usefull T3 bombers were used quite often, but now, not anymore. They are still valid to counter experimentals and kill acus or lonely mexes.

T2 bombers can used for a snipe but only before there are a lot of shields. and they suck as fighters....
Kryo
Evaluator

Postby pip » 24 Aug 2012, 14:00

I wouldn't mind a small HP boost to t2 bombers (like +75 HP), to make them better as fighters, and help them make a second pass (sometimes they don't even shoot the first one) for the high price they cost.
On the other hand, T3 bombers seem fine to me. People should mix more t1, t2 and T3 bombers when they attack something, to increases the survivability of the t3 ones.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Koecher » 24 Aug 2012, 14:01

I like the T2 Fightbombers as they are. Quite usefull as Bombers and useless as Fighters. Why? Easy, since "Oh I can fight everything"-Units are just wrong in FA. The only Unit I remember which was effective vs Air and Ground was the 3599 Restorer. I need to say anything else? :?
However, if they would give good fighters, it would become interesting to just spam them. I fyou win the Air-fight with them, you kinda already won the game by use them as Bombers from then.

Buff for the T3 Bombers. Am I wrong or was one of the main Arguments of 3603 to nerf T3 Air since "omg this is sooo imba, T3 Air win the game, waaahaaaaa".
I think they are fine as they are. If you dint think so, play a team-game with one opponent who is rushing to this. Since guys at the front normally arent T3 then, the Bomber just totaly kill the eco (T2 mex and T2 Pgens with a single drop!).
However, if you got the Air, you will always be able to attack with them and do at least a Single Drop, before it will be killed by SAM - no matter how many SAMs are around.
Plus, if your Opponent turtles with AA, just use ground Units. :)
Koecher
Contributor

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times
FAF User Name: Koecher

Postby dstojkov » 24 Aug 2012, 16:21

Hi guys,

Koecher wrote: "omg this is sooo imba, T3 Air win the game, waaahaaaaa"

Koecher is right .... I don't want to open a old debate but this is so sad that people chose to play a more vanilla "FA"(patch 36XX) in the sense of more land oriented game play.
FA(3599) will be for me the almost top game play ever just because you have the choice of the strategy you want to use land or air or exp or drop or turtle ... all the game was based on intel war because you have to scout to see how to counter your enemy strat and adapt yours . Now it's a common build for all .... it's ok on 1 vs 1 though but for team play ( 2 vs 2 and more ) it's so boring !!!!
before i liked to have my replay hour while eating now I don't even think about it.

Hope that ZePilot will soon provide the 3599 mod to have nice team play like before !!

Regards
dstojkov
Evaluator

Been liked: 24 times

Postby uberge3k » 24 Aug 2012, 17:18

Kryo wrote:They randomly hit a target, as they lose sight and radar of their target very often.

Which is why there are T3 scouts. :)
Ze_PilOt wrote:If you want something to happen, do it yourself.
uberge3k
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 48 times
FAF User Name: TAG_UBER

Postby Kryo » 24 Aug 2012, 22:46

the problem right now: in 80% of first runs bombs wont be dropped. just had again a game where a t4 sera bomber didnt drop a bomb, which could have been game deciding...
Kryo
Evaluator

Postby Icy » 25 Aug 2012, 04:35

An idea more suited to a mod..but wouldn't it be awesome if stratbombers had a fire toggle? Default mode: same as now. Alt mode: Vertical bomb drop with enhanced damage just like in vanilla.
Icy
Contributor

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: tGx_Icy

Postby Kryo » 25 Aug 2012, 09:33

that wouldnt help in the normal game. right now, 80% of bombs neither arent dropped or dont find a valuable target. This was once better.
Kryo
Evaluator

Next

Return to FA Balance Discussions