aeon sacrifice ability

Post here any idea about current FA Balance.
REMINDER : This is NOT a community balance forum. The thread ideas won't be used in a patch.
Forum rules REMINDER : This is NOT a community balance forum. The thread ideas won't be used in a patch.

aeon sacrifice ability

Postby dstojkov » 17 Aug 2012, 11:31

Hi Guys,

The sacrifice ability that aeon have is almost never used ... except sometime on SACU with teloport for instant build what actually happen only on late turtling game like thermo ....

I take a look to the blueprint of engineers

SacrificeEnergyMult = 0.6,
SacrificeMassMult = 0.6,

This is extremely low ... 60 % mean absolutely nothing.

A higher value like at least 80% could be used instead to at least be worth be used

Regards
dstojkov
Evaluator

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 24 times

Re: aeon sacrifice ability

Postby Ze_PilOt » 17 Aug 2012, 11:34

It should be 1 actually :-/
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby dstojkov » 17 Aug 2012, 11:43

Ze_PilOt wrote:It should be 1 actually :-/

Nice to see that sometime we can agree on something ... worth to have faith in humanity :-)
dstojkov
Evaluator

Postby Kryo » 19 Aug 2012, 11:23

Ze_PilOt wrote:It should be 1 actually :-/

well you have to consider both that you lose an engineer and that you have something build nearly instantly.
Which is more important? If building something instantly is quite an advantage in some situations that is the reason for the multiplier to be lower than 1. it could be increased though to 0.9 for a start imo
Kryo
Evaluator

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Kryo

Postby Varaxis » 19 Aug 2012, 12:10

Sac was nerfed some time before 3599, since it was adding mass to the unit under construction, but in the case of something that required a great deal of energy to also build, you were getting a discount on the energy part. IE. RAS upgrade.

They also tweaked the multi and it pretty much wasn't smart to use it since. Even after, it's still just better to reclaim your engineers or something else nearby. The only times I've tried using it since, is when the enemy is incoming and the engineers are about to die anyways, to quickly build a shield or something, and I am severely disappointed in it each time.
Varaxis
Crusader

Postby Plasma_Wolf » 19 Aug 2012, 13:58

Since sacrifice basically skips the energy cost, you could give the upgrade itself a low mass cost and a high energy cost.
Plasma_Wolf
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Plasma_Wolf

Postby Myxir » 19 Aug 2012, 14:16

a possible solution for this would be to check how much mass/energy your 'target' costs and add your mass/energy related to that

example
aeon t1 engie costs 52 mass and 260 energy, means energy/mass = 5
if you sacrifice to a landfac (240m, 2100e, e/m = 8.75) you will add the energy value of your engie because the fac has a higher energy per mass cost
means you add 260 energy to the fac and ( 52*5 / 8.75 ) = 30 mass to the fac
Unhappy with balance http://i.imgur.com/q5G2BlM.png
Myxir
Evaluator

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 306 times
FAF User Name: Washy (irc)

Postby Varaxis » 19 Aug 2012, 16:12

It already considered energy cost since the big nerf back in GPG days. Less theorycrafting and more testing in game to know what you're talking about.
Varaxis
Crusader

Postby Plasma_Wolf » 20 Aug 2012, 13:15

The point of the weakness of sacrifice is not the energy cost, but it is the multiplier for the construction that the unit is sacrificed to. I'm assuming (since there is no one objecting) that there will be a buff to 0.9 (or even 1), this will make stuff that requires a lot of energy and little mass very cheap. That is where the energy increase can be applied because at that point a cost of 2500 E is absolutely nothing.
Plasma_Wolf
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Plasma_Wolf

Postby dstojkov » 20 Aug 2012, 14:53

Hi guys,

There is a SacrificeEnergyMult = 0.6
It doesn't work in the way you explain it .... the energy also comes into account. It's not like you snap the energy cost. I tested it back to 3599.
I thought at the beginning that is was a matter to compensate the lack of build power of aeon at late games like uef and cybryan have.

Also another problem is when you give the order to sacrifice and a big amount of engies are there they take a while before really sacrifice themselves.

Regards
dstojkov
Evaluator

Next

Return to FA Balance Discussions