Tech 1 bombers

Post here any idea about current FA Balance.
REMINDER : This is NOT a community balance forum. The thread ideas won't be used in a patch.
Forum rules REMINDER : This is NOT a community balance forum. The thread ideas won't be used in a patch.

Re: Tech 1 bombers

Postby CrazedChariot » 06 Sep 2011, 23:44

I'm not saying its overpowered, I just think its silly that early bombers can't even be countered by Ints.

On a 5x5 land map I have no issue with what you guys are saying, however on anything larger or involving water then bombers basically just get free shots at expansion engineers. There is no point in trying to build an int to protect your engineers. It is easier and more cost effective to build a bomber yourself and do the same back to him.

I see everyone do this now, and i think its crazy that defending engineers with ints is not a real option.
CrazedChariot
Contributor

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: CrazedChariot

Postby CrazedChariot » 06 Sep 2011, 23:46

If you dont want to change bombers , what about making Ints cheap as well? and faster build time.
CrazedChariot
Contributor

Postby FunkOff » 06 Sep 2011, 23:49

Changing interceptors would have numerous consequences against all air: scouts, transports, gunships, T2 ints and ASFs. Cheaper ints is a nerf to ALL other air units. Interceptors CANNOT be made cheaper.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby TAG_ROCK » 07 Sep 2011, 06:15

Right ints can't be changed. They are pretty balanced at the moment.

CC you cant make all units perfect on all maps.

On Roanoke bombers make the game very interesting at the start, it takes skill to scout and stop opponent expanding. Would be so boring to make it so easy dont you think?

U can go int first if you want man, you can go jester first if you want to, no one is stopping you.
TAG_ROCK
Contributor

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: TAG_ROCK

Postby CrazedChariot » 07 Sep 2011, 23:53

Not sure what you mean. I can have my acu build walls as well, doesn't have anything to do with realistic options.

Early Ints don't counter early bombers, and I think they should.
CrazedChariot
Contributor

Postby TAG_ROCK » 08 Sep 2011, 06:11

If you play air first whats your counter to an early lab attacking your base?
TAG_ROCK
Contributor

Postby Gowerly » 08 Sep 2011, 21:03

Your ACU?
Gowerly
Evaluator

FAF User Name: Gowerly

Postby TAG_ROCK » 08 Sep 2011, 22:26

I am just emphasising that air first cripples you as much as you can hope to cripple opponent.
TAG_ROCK
Contributor

Postby CrazedChariot » 10 Sep 2011, 04:01

I'm not arguing that early bombers are an unbeatable strategy. In fact I agree that early labs, or bombing him back are both valid strategies.

I just think defending should also be an option. Right now I think it extremely difficult to defend with the current price of int vs bombers, along with how they function (Bomber = free radar , Int needs radar to find bombers) Its not just in air first builds, its air second builds as well. Its harder and more costly to defend with early ints than it is to attack with bombers.
CrazedChariot
Contributor

Postby TAG_ROCK » 10 Sep 2011, 07:09

I know what u mean CC but imo your concern is a small time frame. Bit further along when radars get into play bombers are hard to even use, then shortly after when flaks appears, its like impossible.

Most of the games I play/watch, bombers arnt an issue and rarely seen passed 5 min. I think your change would erradicate them from the game completely. Its now a sneaky option one has, to go air first which could go really wrong.

Others are concerned/pissed off, of fast second jester/ghetto. If you dont go air second vs that, now that could really hurt!!! You need AA everywhere or you cant expand. You got more time to scout for air second strats though.

Imo air is wickedly balanced atm. You are aware that the bomber build time was increased in 3603v6 right?
TAG_ROCK
Contributor

Previous

Return to FA Balance Discussions