Total changes since 3603 and balancing opinion

Post here any idea about current FA Balance.
REMINDER : This is NOT a community balance forum. The thread ideas won't be used in a patch.
Forum rules REMINDER : This is NOT a community balance forum. The thread ideas won't be used in a patch.

Re: Total changes since 3603 and balancing opinion

Postby Ze_PilOt » 26 Aug 2012, 12:26

Raevn wrote:The common-sense approach to this would have been: Fix any obvious bugs that can't in any way be subjective, include these in the game. Then, make a seperate balance mod that people can play if they want (oh wait, there is, so why on earth did you make these changes mandatory???). Everyone would have won.

I really strongly disagree with that statement, for many reasons.

The main one is that it will confuse everyone, and will drive away new players that doesn't even know that GPGNET ever existed, and for witch 3599 is just a patch number like 3596, 3598, ...

The second one is that some people will disagree with a restorer fix, for example. There is no way to please everyone.

But there is a only way to make new player coming and staying : support and constant updates.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby IceDreamer » 26 Aug 2012, 22:23

What these players are really thinking but are too scared to say to your face is 'You are an arrogant sod forcing your ideas of how a game should be played onto everybody.'

I disagree with them and think you have made a tremendous effort mostly in the correct direction, but I feel I must offer you some advice of my own: Caution - However much you may dislike it, more defensive Ramping or Turtling strategies always have, always will, and always SHOULD be a part of all RTS games. If you go too far along certain paths which have threatened to loom in the distance of FaF's future, you will be left with the more dynamic fast-paced gameplay of T1 spam with ACU backup as the only remaining viable strategy. If this happens, by your own hand you will have killed the very purpose of FaF, which was and is to keep the game going and progressing and being played. Get rid of all but one gamestyle and you will force out a great many players.

Just a friendly heads-up caution which I have learned from experience. Be careful :)
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby Ze_PilOt » 26 Aug 2012, 23:03

ShadowKnight wrote:What these players are really thinking but are too scared to say to your face is 'You are an arrogant sod forcing your ideas of how a game should be played onto everybody.'

I know :)

But what they must realize is that they are not my ideas (except the scathis and novax).
The test were, well, tested, and made it to the patch. Like it or not, but you could have said something during that period. Too late of course when it's released.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Previous

Return to FA Balance Discussions