3616 Changes

Post here any idea about current FA Balance.
REMINDER : This is NOT a community balance forum. The thread ideas won't be used in a patch.
Forum rules REMINDER : This is NOT a community balance forum. The thread ideas won't be used in a patch.

3616 Changes

Postby Koecher » 27 Jul 2012, 16:59

Hi,

well, I'm not even sure if this is the correct forum for this (or if I just miss an existing tread for it)
However, just wanted to mention some points about the new 3616 changes.

- Killing civilians doesn't get XP.

Ok, good point. But as I've figured out, it seems like it breaks any Vet in Survival games. :|
Which means, even with like 1000 kills, nothing will get any Vet in there.
Well, Survivals use the civilian AI for the Units, so its pretty logical that it dont work. But any way to fix this?

- If you attack-order an unit and lose radar or line of sight of it, you won't follow it under the FoW anymore.
- If you use a bomber on a target and lose track of it, the order is automatically replaced by a ground-attack.

Wasn't air units supposed to focus the unit again if you get it back on the Radar or LOS?
Since for the moment it seems like if the attack order was once replaced by ground attack, it wont change back.
At least for mercys its this was for sure.

- Changed ACU veterancy : Level 1 = 20, Level 2 = 50, Level 3 = 90, Level 4 = 140, Level 5 = 200

Are the ACU XP-points still at the 3615 level?

Just an idea: Maybe lower the ACU XP Points to the once which are used for T4 now, and set the Vet Leves back to the original once.

Perhaps those settings do a good job as well, but I don't know if something very important and accustomed thing like the ACU vet should be changed, just course the players are used to it.
Koecher
Contributor

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times
FAF User Name: Koecher

Re: 3616 Changes

Postby Ze_PilOt » 27 Jul 2012, 17:21

Koecher wrote:Hi,

well, I'm not even sure if this is the correct forum for this (or if I just miss an existing tread for it)
However, just wanted to mention some points about the new 3616 changes.

- Killing civilians doesn't get XP.

Ok, good point. But as I've figured out, it seems like it breaks any Vet in Survival games. :|
Which means, even with like 1000 kills, nothing will get any Vet in there.
Well, Survivals use the civilian AI for the Units, so its pretty logical that it dont work. But any way to fix this?

Yes.
I can give +1 for neutral units.
Problem is : On survival, killing an experimental will give you one point instead of 50. With the new level, that can be problem

I can give the same XP :
Fix the survival maps, but can potentially causes problem on map like syrtis najor or artic : Killing t2 pgen/shields,... will give you a lot of veterancy for not a lot of challenge.

Best way you would be to not give you XP for building no matter what army they are, except for building that can fire (arty, pd, nukes,...).

I will release a patch for that tonight.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Ze_PilOt » 27 Jul 2012, 17:22

Koecher wrote:
Wasn't air units supposed to focus the unit again if you get it back on the Radar or LOS?
Since for the moment it seems like if the attack order was once replaced by ground attack, it wont change back.
At least for mercys its this was for sure.

Lack of time. Will be better for 3617.
As 3615, 3616 release is more a beta.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby Ze_PilOt » 27 Jul 2012, 17:24

Koecher wrote:- Changed ACU veterancy : Level 1 = 20, Level 2 = 50, Level 3 = 90, Level 4 = 140, Level 5 = 200

Are the ACU XP-points still at the 3615 level?
Just an idea: Maybe lower the ACU XP Points to the once which are used for T4 now, and set the Vet Leves back to the original once.
[/quote]

I'm not sure to understand what you mean by "XP points". XP veterancy for ACU is the other described (new values).
Killing an ACU will give you 6 XP.

The veterancy levels for ACU are exponential compared as the linear values before.
That's mean that it will be easy to get vet 1 at t1 stage, but you will not reach level 5 easily.
It should scale rather well as the game goes further.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby pip » 27 Jul 2012, 17:44

Allow me to explain the new exp for ACU. First, there is now a significant difference between kills and xp points.
T1 units = 1 xp
T2 units = 3 xp
T3 units = 6 xp
T4 units and ACU = 50 xp

For ACU, the new higher level requirements make it so that the kills needed to level up should be approximately the same as before providing the ACU kills some t2 and t3 units, and not only t1. If it kills only t1 units, his veterancy is slowed down for higher levels.

Before, ACU would level up every 20 kills. For level 1 units, xp and kills are the same, and first level is unchanged. The difference comes into play from level 2 on : you will need 30 t1 units instead of 20 to reach level 2. But if you kill a few t2 units, you will reach level 2 faster because you gain more xp from t2 units (3 xp). Level 3, which normally come into play at t2 stage of the game, will require 40 xp, but if it's a mix of t1 and t2 units, the actual amount of kills is the same. Example : 10 t1 units (=10 xp) + 10 t2 units (= 30 xp) = 20 kills (same number as before).

Level 4 and level 5 veterancy will be harder to gain than before, except if you kill another ACU (insta level up) and level 5 will probably be reached only at t3, but it makes sense, doesn't it?
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Koecher » 27 Jul 2012, 18:57

I understood the system pretty well.
And as I said, it perhaps fits pretty well.

My only reticence concerning it is, that the ACU Vet system is a very important and basic thing in the game, and all the players are used to it.
Especially since (I think) we all looking for an increase of the Players, which goes along with new players, I'm not sure if its a good idea to make the game even more difficult with things like that (and the new "I cant bomb what I cant see"-System), even if it makes sense.
Also, you should keep in mind, that there are players around who don't play the games really regular and on another - how to say - "level" than (lets say) "we" do. I fear they might feel somehow overwhelmed if its getting more and more complex :?

pip wrote:T1 units = 1 xp
T2 units = 3 xp
T3 units = 6 xp
T4 units and ACU = 50 xp

I thought those XP Points are for T4 Units only?

Thats what I've asked with: " Are the ACU XP-points still at the 3615 level?"
Which means:
- T1 = 1 xp.
- T2 = 5 xp.
- T3 = 10 xp.
- XP/ACU/SCU = 100 xp.
Koecher
Contributor

Postby Ze_PilOt » 27 Jul 2012, 19:40

ACU/SCU = 6.

For the bomber behavior, it will get better in 3617 IF that change last to the last patch.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby Koecher » 29 Jul 2012, 20:02

Well, after FA obviously updated once again, the only thing I can think off after a very few games:
Is the Air completely broken now?

Just watch the attached replay.

First of all, even if my opponent made some Bombers, they somehow absolutely don't hurt me.
Which is good, since I have no idea how to intercept them. Its seriously impossible to keep them in vision or on a radar at this point of the game.

The other thing, well, I would just call it a bug.
When I get sniped, I took all my Intis and focused the gunships one after another.
But as they arrive, the killed the first GS and than decided to just land next to my ACU which is just sniped.
Now, seriously, the GS were circling around my ACU and my tanks. So its quite impossible to lose the vision to the GS. And even if it did for 0,0000001s - they still should auto-target the GS after this, or at least the enemy inits.

So, what we got now? Non-Dropping Bombers and useless Intis? Great deal :roll:
*vote for change back to the original "i CAN target what i cant see", at least for Air. Or - at very least- for any kinda Air Fighters*
Attachments
232398-Bot_42.fafreplay
(47.24 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
Koecher
Contributor

Postby Ze_PilOt » 29 Jul 2012, 20:29

It's obviously some bugs, and there will be fixed.
(auto-retargetting is not working.. I think I know why.. 3617 this week :)
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby Freshy_ » 29 Jul 2012, 23:11

even with direct view its impossible to to kill a target. If u loose tthe target in direct view just about a few milli seconds, the bomber wont hit it before they arrive.

best regards!
Freshy_

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 6 times
FAF User Name: Freshy

Next

Return to FA Balance Discussions