Thoughts on veterancy

Post here any idea about current FA Balance.
REMINDER : This is NOT a community balance forum. The thread ideas won't be used in a patch.
Forum rules REMINDER : This is NOT a community balance forum. The thread ideas won't be used in a patch.

Re: Thoughts on veterancy

Postby Ze_PilOt » 13 Jul 2012, 13:54

Note that we didn't removed the veterancy when the XP is killing T1. But it has been nerfed.

If you have arguments, the other forum is the place to make them.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby -_V_- » 13 Jul 2012, 14:01

Ze_PilOt wrote:You mean that you don't have a replay where someone try to counter an XP with 500 selen ?

MAYBE because that was a retarded (on intent) example to show the logic problem underlying your reasoning. *MAYBE*...

What usually happens, in team game, is someone pushing as hard as he can, probably, on many map, with a lot of T1, while someone on the opposite team will tech up and make an XP.
The pushing player must now destroy his own army, and it's plain stupid : He did what he was supposed to, probably scout too, his own "back" player make an XP or whatever to counter, but it cannot just magically stop making units (or he will die to someone else). So he must push as long as he can, then ctrl-k his own army. That's stupid.

Yeah well one team played better. How come the other one manage to get that t4 out ? How come no one used scouting properly to know when to stop wasting mass no t1 flow at some point ? Badly played => TASTE IT, that's FA.

He should be able, as pip said, to give a little advantage with his army to his team as he was doing his job correctly (taking more land), holding his position, being annoying to the other team).

No t4 can't stop t1 spam spread all over the map, unless it crosses the spam at a chokepoint.

Your examples are twisted and not representing anything you can find in any replay (and that's probably why you are not able to provide a single one) : People don't try to counter XP by making T1, people have ALREADY a t1 army and must ctrl-k it when XP come in play.

They are absolutely not twisted, the one with selens, pushed to the extreme for sure, just replace it with a mix of t1 and t2 if it helps you think. Those are taken from real game experiences. I don't provide replays cause first it would be stupid since they wouldn't help this discussion, second i can't be arsed to dig into my replay databank to illustrate what experienced players have seen in games.

Your obsession with replays has no meaning here.

You may say you don't feel it fair to have to ctrl k t1, which we are arguing about, but you can't honestly say the examples I took don't happen.

NOBODY in FA history was punished because he has made T1 to counter an XP. Never.

:shock:

So you are actually arguing about something that is supposed to be good in FA, but has NEVER happened in real games.

Once again I wonder if we play the same game
-_V_-
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Ze_PilOt » 13 Jul 2012, 14:07

I don't provide replays cause first it would be stupid since they wouldn't help this discussion, second i can't be arsed to dig into my replay databank to illustrate what experienced players have seen in games.

I wouldn't be stupid because it will help everybody to see the whole context of a particular situation (and not dumb exemple that never happened).
This forum prove, on every post, how "experienced" players see the game differently, even on same replay.
So, no, it's not a waste of time.

I'm closing this thread because it's a waste of time for me. If you have concerns with the veterancy system, I suggest that you use the real balance forum, not the one where we make UEF head flying of to rebuilt the ACU.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Previous

Return to FA Balance Discussions