CZARs Purpose

Post here any idea about current FA Balance.
REMINDER : This is NOT a community balance forum. The thread ideas won't be used in a patch.
Forum rules REMINDER : This is NOT a community balance forum. The thread ideas won't be used in a patch.

Re: CZARs Purpose

Postby Icy » 17 Jul 2012, 18:39

To micro against it you have to manually keep your asf blob away from the center of the CZAR, and try to avoid the massive flak damage coming from the sides. I believe Madstork(I think, it was a long time ago) is the only person to ever beat 4 stacked CZARs with pure ASF micro, but he still lost more than half of them to the combined aa weapons. If you really need to stop this, use flak or restorers. Flak splashes all of the CZARS at once, and a blob of restorers can easily avoid the beam and the flak cannons.
It is not an exaggeration to say that I have killed 600 ASF with 5 CZARS and only 1 of them went down, the rest got a load of vet and lived to win the game for me (this was months ago, before the vet change. They would all be vet 5 if it happened today) The fighters literally all got 1shotted as they passed through the center of the beam (this was over 15k aoe dps)
Icy
Contributor

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: tGx_Icy

Postby CocoaMoko » 18 Jul 2012, 22:29

Hmm I might have to test this again (and I'd encourage you guys to do the same), but I tried the CZAR ground attack strategy (after having gotten it to work before) and my CZAR simply wouldn't shoot at the ground. I'm not sure if it's an update to prevent that tactic or if I was just trippin' haha. But if that's so I already miss it :(
CocoaMoko

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: CocoaMoko

Postby Icy » 19 Jul 2012, 15:11

I find that you have to do it twice, as the first order to ground attack makes a unit attack move instead. (this happens to me for pretty much every unit.) But once you get multiple CZARs to attack a single spot on the ground, they stack up kinda like broodwar mutas. Then you keep them together by moving the ground attack order around. If you use a move command they will split up into a regular formation again.
Icy
Contributor

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: tGx_Icy

Previous

Return to FA Balance Discussions