T2 Mobile Launcher vs T2 cybran PD

Post here any idea about current FA Balance.
REMINDER : This is NOT a community balance forum. The thread ideas won't be used in a patch.
Forum rules REMINDER : This is NOT a community balance forum. The thread ideas won't be used in a patch.

T2 Mobile Launcher vs T2 cybran PD

Postby Iszh » 23 May 2012, 11:17

I ve had a Seton game yesterday, there i tried to kick the cybran shields of my enemy in middle with some t2 mobile launchers of aeon. we came to the situation which should be known very well by all the players, shields with pd against shields with pd. so i took my launchers and started to shoot the cybran pd.
--> 80% of the rockets have been shot by the t2 pd before they could hit.
here you can watch: minute 17 to 20 in middle:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-438 ... eplay.html

i brought it here in this forum to discuss if it can be seen as a bug or something else. in my opinion thats not fair. in 1v1 games can happen very easy that you can come to such a situation and then? aeon and maybe uef cannot use rocket launchers t2 against enemy pd when they are shooting your shields? is this fair?
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Re: T2 Mobile Launcher vs T2 cybran PD

Postby Batmansrueckkehr » 23 May 2012, 14:12

ur opponent was a noob - he let u get all mass.. pfff..

i think u mean the tmd (not t2 pd) shot the rockets before they could reach their target. i didnt see the rep, but as i remember i had 2 tmds and felt pretty save from ur mmls.
but to be honest, i dont get ur question or ur point of discussion. do u mean: "how many mmls should be needed to hit a tmd?"
UET_bat
Batmansrueckkehr

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: batmansrueckkehr

Postby noobymcnoobcake » 23 May 2012, 14:23

Seen this happen before. Rare but if angle and distance is right it does. Simple fix - multiply missile HP and TMD damage by 100.
noobymcnoobcake
Evaluator

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby FunkOff » 23 May 2012, 16:26

noobymcnoobcake wrote:Seen this happen before. Rare but if angle and distance is right it does. Simple fix - multiply missile HP and TMD damage by 100.

:lol:
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby Iszh » 23 May 2012, 16:59

changing flight behaviour of t2 mobile rockets could help it. batman you havent seen it really? watch minute 19 on -10 speed and go down to side view with space button. you will see how many rockets are grilled by your t2 pd and not tmd.

i wanted to hear here how often this already happened. and since it is quite a disadvantage for other factions against cybran if it is something that should be fixed or should be fine like it is. how do you think about this?
Iszh
Evaluator

Postby Ze_PilOt » 23 May 2012, 17:27

Didn't watched the replay but if the t2 pd were shooting, moving your MML so they are not in the trajectory would have solved this.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby FunkOff » 23 May 2012, 17:28

Ze_PilOt wrote:Didn't watched the replay but if the t2 pd were shooting, moving your MML so they are not in the trajectory would have solved this.

I could also mod the Aeon MML missile to have a higher projectile arc... right now the Aeon T2 MML fires are a very low arch, so the missile has a lot of opportunity to be intercepted by lasers shooting other things.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby Iszh » 23 May 2012, 17:38

the problem was pilot, that it was seton in this case and not much space to circle arround. so i think that it can happen in other games very easy that you cannot drive arround the enemy pd till you will find a good place for shooting. and you should also not forget you need a lot of them if the enemy makes shields. thats hard to stay over the t2 pd distance and still spread them out when there are 20 of them. i thought since they are already so more or less ineffektive thats a small drama if something like this happens. just to make a bit higher flight could help it. so that on smooth surface they will not hit those rays.

the flight time will increase a bit with this. but since the rockets go up when they start and then go directly to the target, the flight time in the tmd zone would be the same.
Iszh
Evaluator

Postby uberge3k » 23 May 2012, 18:16

Even on Seton's you can pick where your bunker-battles happen so that there is more room to maneuver. If it comes to that for some reason.

I say, while he's busy PD'ing it up in front of you, fall back drop his base. :twisted:
Ze_PilOt wrote:If you want something to happen, do it yourself.
uberge3k
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 48 times
FAF User Name: TAG_UBER

Postby TA4Life » 23 May 2012, 18:43

A beautiful example of faction diversity and a great testament to Supcom FA's simulation of everything that is happening. You should not need mobile missiles to break a cybran player. Aeon's low flying missiles have their advantages such less time for a TMD to hit them. They are actually great at taking out TMD's especially the UEF one. In your case how about going t3 getting a few absolvers a few t2 shields and a few t3 arty. Or just running him over with a bunch of t1 arty under t2 shields.
TA4Life

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Next

Return to FA Balance Discussions