Cybran t1 aa

Post here any idea about current FA Balance.
REMINDER : This is NOT a community balance forum. The thread ideas won't be used in a patch.
Forum rules REMINDER : This is NOT a community balance forum. The thread ideas won't be used in a patch.

Cybran t1 aa

Postby noobymcnoobcake » 19 Sep 2011, 20:35

The cybran T1 aa is the only one with tracking missiles. this is a double edged however. T1 bommbers will almost always make a single pass against them and mercys. The only way to protect your acu from mercys as cybran in t1 are
T1 aa turret.
interceptors.

The aa turret is expensive and takes time to build and you have to stand in the center of it as mercys have great range + you might need more than one to stop all mercys.

The interceptors can be killed by the aeon t2 swift wind with ease.

T2 gunships. They own all t1 aa but cybran the most as it has by far the least hp.

I have kiled a cybran comm with mercys who was reasonably aa protected and if those aa were any other t1 one my snipe would have compley failed. infact i would not have even considered doing it. Send a t1 scout/ intie first and its almost a gauranteed kill
on the upside you can ocasonaly hit T3 air and it dont miss agsinst t2 air or under.
So you could make the missiles faster acceleration or top speed prehaps or make it have more health or all 3?

another note - overkill. you get about 200 missiles a one bommber and the rest drop there bombs
Last edited by noobymcnoobcake on 19 Sep 2011, 22:57, edited 1 time in total.
noobymcnoobcake
Evaluator

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Cybran t1 aa

Postby Gowerly » 19 Sep 2011, 20:53

swiftwinds vs t1 ints is I think just in t1 favour mass for mass. Swiftwinds advantage is in the name, they are faster than ints.
Gowerly
Evaluator

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Gowerly

Postby noobymcnoobcake » 19 Sep 2011, 21:13

Gowerly wrote:swiftwinds vs t1 ints is I think just in t1 favour mass for mass. Swiftwinds advantage is in the name, they are faster than ints.

Swiftwinds get vet inties do not and you can refuel swiftwinds but you cant interceptors as they die to fast aginst swiftwinds. Also not so vunerable to flack. The advantages heavily outweigh the slight mass disadvantage.
noobymcnoobcake
Evaluator

Postby uberge3k » 19 Sep 2011, 21:27

It's more than that.

Swiftwinds, due to their increased movement and turning speed, are exponentially more effective than T1 ints, mass for mass, if microed well.
Ze_PilOt wrote:If you want something to happen, do it yourself.
uberge3k
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 48 times
FAF User Name: TAG_UBER

Postby noobymcnoobcake » 20 Sep 2011, 19:59

We have had lots of swiftwinds vs inties discusson but nothing about cybran t1 aa
my main points
1) it overkills stiff when you have lots of it
2) low hp makes it even easyer to kill for t2 gunships
3)its missiels only hit somthing after they pass over it and with mercys that is too late

my sugestion
increase muzzle velocity of missiles or increase hp or both
noobymcnoobcake
Evaluator

Postby uberge3k » 20 Sep 2011, 21:39

Increasing projectile velocity, and potentially decreasing fire rate to balance it out, might work.

HP is largely useless in the early game... and by the time the other team has T2 gunships, you should have flak / mass ints to counter them.
Ze_PilOt wrote:If you want something to happen, do it yourself.
uberge3k
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 48 times
FAF User Name: TAG_UBER

Postby FunkOff » 21 Sep 2011, 00:18

I don't think cybran T1 aa should be changed. Yes, tit has lowest hp, yes it's projectiles take the longest to hit. These are downsides. The upsides are that it never misses agaisnt air and that it can attack ground. T1 cybran mobile AA is the ONLY T1 AA that is worth a damn against T3 asfs, strat bombers and etc. Further, low tech bombers will more consistently died in 1 pass from cybran T1 mobile AA than from other T1 aa because all of the cybran shots will hit before the second pass.

Cybran T1 mobile AA is distinct, unique and effective. No buffs.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby Treble » 21 Sep 2011, 03:58

noobymcnoobcake wrote:you get about 200 missiles a one bommber and the rest drop there bombs

You just need to stagger them, if they are all in one clump, then yes, they will all fire at the first thing in range, but if they are spread apart, they will not all have the same range circle. Do you understand what I'm saying? Not sure if it is clear.

That is why I always build TMD vertically instead of horizontally vs the enemy. They wont all fire at the same missile, and let the next 3 get through unhindered.

FunkOff wrote:I don't think cybran T1 aa should be changed. Yes, tit has lowest hp, yes it's projectiles take the longest to hit. These are downsides. The upsides are that it never misses agaisnt air and that it can attack ground. T1 cybran mobile AA is the ONLY T1 AA that is worth a damn against T3 asfs, strat bombers and etc. Further, low tech bombers will more consistently died in 1 pass from cybran T1 mobile AA than from other T1 aa because all of the cybran shots will hit before the second pass.

Cybran T1 mobile AA is distinct, unique and effective. No buffs.

I agree with this, they are different, use them differently, dont make them the same as all the others.
Treble

Postby Kekouse » 21 Sep 2011, 12:14

There is one thing that bothers me with the cybran AA. It's nitpicking but:
When you have lost the T3 air with all faction you can defend yourself against T3 Bombers with T1 AA. It's a last chance solution but it exists.
The only AA who is not good enough is the Cybran AA. The Homing missiles are too slow to catch Bombers flying in a straight line.

If we change something then a little buff to the speed (or time before they disappear) would be sufficient to make them as good as the other.
But if we leave it like this it's ok :)
Kekouse

FAF User Name: Kekouse

Postby FunkOff » 21 Sep 2011, 17:50

Kekhouse, you CAN shoot down T3 bombers with Cybran T1 aa, even more than any other T1 aa.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Next

Return to FA Balance Discussions