biass' maps thread 2018

Interesting mapping tools and mapping help.

Moderator: Morax

Re: biass' maps thread 2017

Postby biass » 14 Jun 2017, 05:31

EvanGalea wrote:Biass could you make a 2v2 version of hollow?


i can, but where would you want the 2nd player to spawn?
born 2 map, forced 2 boycott http://bit.ly/2qubD3l

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
User avatar
biass
Supreme Commander
 
Posts: 2099
Joined: 03 Dec 2015, 07:54
Has liked: 591 times
Been liked: 587 times
FAF User Name: biass

Re: biass' maps thread 2017

Postby Mad`Mozart » 14 Jun 2017, 08:01

Ugh, have to say i hate how your maps always look sleeky and glittering.
Kinda getting supcom 2 feeling there.
Mad`Mozart
Contributor
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: 10 Mar 2013, 19:09
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 431 times

Re: biass' maps thread 2017

Postby biass » 14 Jun 2017, 08:34

Mad`Mozart wrote:Ugh, have to say i hate how your maps always look sleeky and glittering.
Kinda getting supcom 2 feeling there.


sorry i am too fabulous 4 u
else, that wip is without erosion etc decals which degrade said gripe a lil
born 2 map, forced 2 boycott http://bit.ly/2qubD3l

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
User avatar
biass
Supreme Commander
 
Posts: 2099
Joined: 03 Dec 2015, 07:54
Has liked: 591 times
Been liked: 587 times
FAF User Name: biass

Re: biass' maps thread 2017

Postby Mad`Mozart » 14 Jun 2017, 11:03

biass wrote:sorry i am too fabulous 4 u
else, that wip is without erosion etc decals which degrade said gripe a lil

Oh thats cool, nevermind me then. Other maps dont give as much same feeling (excpet Farce and Sacred maybe)
Also while im at it, mountain map frame is the lamest design idea ever. Not just in your maps but in general. People should stop doing that :roll:
Mad`Mozart
Contributor
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: 10 Mar 2013, 19:09
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 431 times

Re: biass' maps thread 2017

Postby Plasma_Wolf » 14 Jun 2017, 11:58

Mad`Mozart wrote:Also while im at it, mountain map frame is the lamest design idea ever. Not just in your maps but in general. People should stop doing that :roll:

Sorry, I don't really understand what you mean with "mountain map frame". Can you explain?
User avatar
Plasma_Wolf
Supreme Commander
 
Posts: 1308
Joined: 20 Oct 2011, 11:28
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 87 times
FAF User Name: Plasma_Wolf

Re: biass' maps thread 2017

Postby Morax » 14 Jun 2017, 12:48

He means using a style where the entire edges of the map are mountains so you get a "closed-in" appearance.

The typical, normal style is where the terrain just kind of magically ends. This however is very functional as it allows the whole map to be used.

Either way is fine, but Mozy is just jealous your map is getting more Ættention than Chiron :D
Maps and Mods Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
User avatar
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods
 
Posts: 2793
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 18:00
Has liked: 1112 times
Been liked: 635 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Re: biass' maps thread 2017

Postby ZLO_RD » 14 Jun 2017, 13:07

Plasma_Wolf wrote:
Mad`Mozart wrote:Also while im at it, mountain map frame is the lamest design idea ever. Not just in your maps but in general. People should stop doing that :roll:

Sorry, I don't really understand what you mean with "mountain map frame". Can you explain?


he probably means something like on goodlands or that green 3v3 map with tons of forest or slepnir...
and i really disagree with that, i think montain/water frame is a must-have thing for every map
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
User avatar
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander
 
Posts: 2179
Joined: 27 Oct 2011, 13:57
Location: Russia, Tula
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 370 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Re: biass' maps thread 2017

Postby biass » 14 Jun 2017, 14:47

im a fan of light map frames because it negates some things like land/navy offmap and also the thing where you cannot build too close to the map border so you cannot wall ur own base off etc

Morax wrote:Either way is fine, but Mozy is just jealous your map is getting more Ættention than Chiron :D


if he cared he could make his own ad and rake in the dolla too
born 2 map, forced 2 boycott http://bit.ly/2qubD3l

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
User avatar
biass
Supreme Commander
 
Posts: 2099
Joined: 03 Dec 2015, 07:54
Has liked: 591 times
Been liked: 587 times
FAF User Name: biass

Re: biass' maps thread 2017

Postby Morax » 14 Jun 2017, 15:31

Hmmm.... Now that you say it that way, Biass, I like the map border frame as it also prevents off-map air cancer.
Maps and Mods Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
User avatar
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods
 
Posts: 2793
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 18:00
Has liked: 1112 times
Been liked: 635 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Re: biass' maps thread 2017

Postby Petricpwnz » 14 Jun 2017, 16:20

Next time make an 81x81 map where 95% are mountains surrounding 5% of playable area.
Blackheart wrote:actually i love lolis and want petry to be my waifu


Scientifically proving that Blackheart is a weeb - https://imgur.com/a/J436c | https://clips.twitch.tv/AssiduousAverageOxMikeHogu

Best meme of 2017 - https://puu.sh/yLsvH/abbf54eb99.mp4
User avatar
Petricpwnz
Priest
 
Posts: 446
Joined: 30 Aug 2012, 01:48
Has liked: 423 times
Been liked: 461 times
FAF User Name: Fremy_Speeddraw

PreviousNext

Return to Mapping

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron