AI-Uveso (v87). AI mod for FAForever

Moderator: Uveso

Re: AI-Uveso (v52). AI mod for FAForever

Postby relent0r » 29 Jan 2019, 04:51

Nice work Uveso

Could you expand on this one a bit more?
- Opt: Added 1 (one) engineer to build massextractors. (sound like nothing but has huge eco impact)
relent0r

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times
FAF User Name: relentless

Postby Uveso » 29 Jan 2019, 13:12

Hello relent0r,

Before this patch the AI reserved 2 engineers for energy build tasks:

The 1st builded engineer was building mass, the 2nd and 3rd engineer were waiting for build orders, and engineer 4-12 were also building mass.
(In this time the ACU was building mass in case the mass points are closer then 12 mapunits from the ACU position.)

After the change the 1st and 2nd engineer are building mass, only the 3rd engineer is waiting for building energy.
This way we have an additional engineer building massextractors until engineer 4+ is build.
So the AI builds 2 extractors more in the frist 2 minutes.
(The ACU is now building more energy to compensate the lost of the 2nd energy-engineer)
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 291 times
FAF User Name: Uveso

Postby relent0r » 30 Jan 2019, 05:15

Ah cool thanks

off topic, I was having a game against your adaptive ai (faf beta branch)in the map fields of isis. 2v2, with the AI of the right hand side. Noticed an oddity where a decent number of units ended up bunched in the bottom right base from both ai's. No bunching in the top right base. From what I could see there was a T2 transport sitting there and it appeared as if the units were expecting to board, perhaps the top AI issued a command to try and board his team mates transport or something caused it to become confused. I think I've got the replay sitting around if you need it.
relent0r

Postby Uveso » 31 Jan 2019, 07:05

Hello relent0r,

yeah.. Isis..

Take a look at Isis's Map Markers:

IsisMarker.png
IsisMarker.png (273.73 KiB) Viewed 1752 times

Looks like the map was bigger when the markers were created.

[Edit] I should add an option to ignore map markers on those maps ^^
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Postby relent0r » 01 Feb 2019, 04:54

I didn't even think about the way points, your probably right isis may not have had its waypoints updated since the pre beta version way way back.
I'll have a play with the waypoints and save to a different map to see if that sorts it out.

edit : I adjusted the map markers to stay within the games map size, I'd forgotten that this map is actually larger and is game restricted. Had a game just letting the ai run.
It seems to remove that issue to a degree. What I did notice was that it ended up with a fair number of idle engineers that looked to sit there until a transport was available to run them across the map. Still some units land units idle in the base but not to the same degree, not sure if they were supposed to be guard units for said engineer platoons or something else.
relent0r

Postby DDDX » 06 Feb 2019, 22:06

REVIEW:

Map Name: Gap of Rohan 5 vs 3aix
Settings: 1.5 multipliers, 2 Adaptive 1 Overwhelming AIX's
Mods: none.

Ok, so the enemy has the same mass as the 5 of us, but divided between 3 of them, not 5. Also, a 50% boost.
What happened was a very bad display from AIX side - slow development to t3, slow mexes to t3, slow building of experimentals...overall they were behind of us in score after some 20 minutes.
I know that 1.5 is not much vs an AI, hovewer on that map they have a good advantage of mexes to start with. Should have been more of a challenge.

What am I missing? It seemed the ai only used half of it's strength...
Check out my 2 maps: "Survival_Mayhem&BO_3d_v1" "Survival_Mayhem&BO_3d_RPG"
as well as my mod: "Survival Mayhem&BO balance"
-- let me know of any bugs or issues regarding those 3.
DDDX

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 16 times
FAF User Name: DDDX

Postby Uveso » 06 Feb 2019, 23:32

Hello DDDX,

there are to many Gap of Rohan maps, so i don't know what map you where playing.

Also i would not use 3 different AIx.

The overwhelm AI compares the unitcount of the enemy and of its own ally.
So, if the adaptive is building units, the overwhelm will not build anything (units) if all AI's have more units then the enemy.

If you run the overwhelm AI alone, it will build way more units. (and less cpu power then 3 AI's)

Also the overwhelm function will start at the 35. game minute.
So, after 20 minutes the AI still let you build your (turtle) base.

I can't check it at the moment, but also bad map markers can ruin the AI eco if engineers don't find their mass spots.

Please if you play again, just use one Overwhelm AI with a cheatfactor of 1.7 or 1.8. Unitcap should not lesser than 750 units.
(And tell me the exact map name and author ;) )
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Postby DDDX » 08 Feb 2019, 11:52

the map was Gap_of_Rohan_5vs3aix
Markers are in it and work nicely.

I have tried it with one Uveso Adaptive and 2 Sorian aix's, difficulty 2.0 and 1.6 build, and again 1.7, 1.7, we got crushed pretty nicely in both accounts.

So it may be just an issue of multiple Uveso ai's not working well together. But a mix of Uveso + Sorian works wonders ;) Gonna do more testing and get back to you with my findings.
Check out my 2 maps: "Survival_Mayhem&BO_3d_v1" "Survival_Mayhem&BO_3d_RPG"
as well as my mod: "Survival Mayhem&BO balance"
-- let me know of any bugs or issues regarding those 3.
DDDX

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 16 times
FAF User Name: DDDX

Postby iTzCascadexX » 18 Feb 2019, 01:12

I gotta give it to you Uveso, you've done an amazing job with this AI so far. Haven't been able to put it down for the few weeks I've been playing.

A couple of things I've noticed though that could use some improvement:

Once the AI builds a T2 PGen its commander is never used again for anything build related. If you manage to destroy all of its buildings & engineers, the AI will never use its com to start up a base again. I think you should at least improve the commander build order so that it recognises when there's very few engineers and use its build power in one way or another.

The other thing I've noticed is that if it's completely out of resources and in the middle of building an expensive building (Experimental Resource Generators in particular), the AI stops doing anything and only tries, with one or two engineers to finish the build. It will hardly do anything else and thus leaves it open to being completely wiped without much resistance especially if you play your cards properly. Perhaps if the AI detects it's running out of resources in such a situation it cancels the build and focuses on regaining its economy so it can defend itself (or expand its economy) before attempting the expensive build again. Maybe a good time to introduce mass fabrication into the AI's build order? (I don't think it builds any at all)

I really enjoy this AI and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it!
iTzCascadexX
Crusader

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: iTzCascadexX

Postby Uveso » 18 Feb 2019, 02:58

Hello iTzCascadexX,

thank's a lot for you feedback!

The ACU functions (moving/fighting) are just basic functions and only to 30% finished.
It's more a function test, and better than just an idle ACU :)

I plan to add functions for "snipe evading", "base rebuild" and searching for save places like shields, behind the base etc.

Building a paragon is a special case for the AI, but in general you are right.
The AI should cancel buildorders if the eco gets down. (Or at least pause the engineers)
At the moment it's pausing assisting engineers, but the building engineers or repair platoons are still building/repairing unfinished buildings.

There are still many issues and the AI is "only" a year old and not finished.
I guess i will spend at least the next year with adding attack platoons, balancing eco and adding some more functions.

And even if many players say, its not needed that an AI can rebuild a base in midgame, i will do my best to give my AI the ability to do so.

Massfabrikators will be already build if all of these conditions are true:
AI has no pargon like building.
AI has less then 20 massextractors
AI has less masfabricators then Tech3 Energyproduction / 3 (3 energybuildings for every fabrikator)
AI's eco trend for mass and enery is higher than 0 (no stall)
AI's eco storage ratio is over 40% for mass and 100% for energy.
AI's unitcount for extractors and fabricators are not higher then 10% of max unitcap.

Btw, i also have some questions :D

What Sub AI are you using ? Rush/Adaptive/Overwhelm ?
Howmany units are you using as unitCap ?
What Cheat/Build factor are you using ?
Did you enabled the Omni View for the AI ?
Do you prefer maps with AI Map Markers ?
Did you ever used one of the debug path functions from the AI ?
Uveso
Supreme Commander

PreviousNext

Return to AI modifications