AI-Uveso (v87). AI mod for FAForever

Moderator: Uveso

Re: AI-Uveso (v45). AI mod for FAForever

Postby Uveso » 01 Dec 2018, 02:48

Hey Frank83!

thank's for the nice words :)

I will release V46 in the next 48 hours, then you should also test naval maps :)
There are only "basic" builders for naval, but the new targetfunctions are running quite nice.
Also maps with 2 or 3 lakes are no problem. No stucked ships or units :D

If you have a map with AI markers then my AI detects if it can't move over land to the enemy and switches to naval mode.
In case you don't have markers then you need a map with a waterratio over 50% .

Also a hint; Use a mod with "Paragons for all" or let the AI play AEON.
See what will happen if my AI detects its own Paragon :mrgreen:
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 291 times
FAF User Name: Uveso

Re: AI-Uveso (v46). AI mod for FAForever

Postby Uveso » 01 Dec 2018, 06:44

Update 01.Dec.2018 (v46)

- Fix: Blocked T2SonarUpgrade template for seraphim (Seraphim sonar tech3 can't upgrade)
- Fix: Changed AIBAseTemplates functions to return always -1 if no Uveso-AI is running. (Normal AI was using Uveso-AI Templates in expansions)
- Opt: Air fighter will now wait at least for 2 seconds if they can find new targets before they return to main base.
- Opt: AI spends now 5% more mass income for building air units.
- Opt: Reduced the eco for naval tech3 ships (10%)
- Opt: Changed and added some log messages for better error logging. (land / water map detection etc.)
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Re: AI-Uveso (v47). AI mod for FAForever

Postby Uveso » 10 Dec 2018, 07:12

Update 10.Dec.2018 (v47)

- New: Added attack platoons for naval experimentals
- New: AI can now handle a unitcap down to 250 units.
- Fix: Tech3 sonar buildings will lo longer move away from their buildlocation
- Fix: Changed logic for buildconditions and mass storage ratio in case a paragon is present.
- Fix: some minor fixes in case a unit is destroyed inside nukeAI function
- Opt: Splitted factorybuilder in land+air and naval. Saves sim speed and navalbases no longer build land or air factories.
- Opt: Ecomanager will now also pause engineers that are building a paragon
- Opt: New cache for the scanresult of "is water map or not" for every AI versus every AI

Test Sea Battle now!
Naval.jpg
Naval.jpg (244.12 KiB) Viewed 3027 times
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Postby thecore » 11 Dec 2018, 05:25

Hi here are some issues that I found
- Ai will build other buildings around mass locations blocking the ai from capping with mass storages
- Ai needs more defense (not sure if this is added yet), an idea also is make it so the ai will build forward point defense bases near the enemy (even creep build).
- Ai can over build T1 navy without going to T2 navy, eg if the ai has obtained naval supremacy it will still build lots of T1 navy instead of upgrading to T2 or T3 navy for inland bombard.
- Ai is under utilizing air (not sure if this is added yet)
- an idea for the ACU (when you add the AI to it) is to prevent late game air snipes. E.g. have the Ai move the ACU to maybe a near by pond/lake (if available) at about the 30 to 40 minute mark and build lots of T3 anti air above it. If no lake then build lots of T3 anti air around ACU.
- Another idea is if the ai is unable to breakthrough to the opponent using small army groups then you could try increasing army group size. Maybe even stockpile a huge army and then push.
thecore
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: thecore

Postby Uveso » 11 Dec 2018, 18:27

Hello thecore,

welcome to FAForever!

- Ai will build other buildings around mass locations blocking the ai from capping with mass storages
Yes that's right. The buildfunction has no argument to avoid buildings. (c-engine command, nothing we can do)

- Ai needs more defense (not sure if this is added yet), an idea also is make it so the ai will build forward point defense bases near the enemy (even creep build).
Yes, at the moemnt the AI is only building anti-air. I will add pointdefenses soon.
Also firebases on map markers and neer the enemy base are planed.

- Ai can over build T1 navy without going to T2 navy, eg if the ai has obtained naval supremacy it will still build lots of T1 navy instead of upgrading to T2 or T3 navy for inland bombard.
True. It's not balanced. I still try to manage the eco (mass consumption) for Tech2 and Tech3.

- Ai is under utilizing air (not sure if this is added yet)
The Ai is building much more units then it is using. Thats because i plan to use those units for snipe/special attack platoons.

- an idea for the ACU (when you add the AI to it) is to prevent late game air snipes. E.g. have the Ai move the ACU to maybe a near by pond/lake (if available) at about the 30 to 40 minute mark and build lots of T3 anti air above it. If no lake then build lots of T3 anti air around ACU.
Good Idea!

- Another idea is if the ai is unable to breakthrough to the opponent using small army groups then you could try increasing army group size. Maybe even stockpile a huge army and then push.
This is already the case. The size of the attack platoon automatically rise with the enemy strength.
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Postby thecore » 13 Dec 2018, 04:03

Yes that's right. The buildfunction has no argument to avoid buildings. (c-engine command, nothing we can do)

How about have the ai reclaim a building (with exceptions) that is blocking it from capping mass?
thecore
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: thecore

Postby Uveso » 13 Dec 2018, 14:00

thecore wrote:How about have the ai reclaim a building (with exceptions) that is blocking it from capping mass?

This is already the case.

On start the AI will build mostly factories and energy buildings near mass spots.
After building the fist Tech3 Energy, all Tech1 energy buildings will be reclaimed and free mass adjacency spots are used for storage buildings then.

But i still don't have decided if the AI builds factories always near mass spots to gain the adjacency bonus for factories.

Also one of the main goals is to build a paragon. Then the AI simply don't need mass or mass storage buildings.
(needs a mod that allows all factions to build a paragon like "Quantum Resource Generators" http://forums.faforever.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=13125)
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Re: AI-Uveso (v48). AI mod for FAForever

Postby Uveso » 19 Dec 2018, 23:10

Update 19.Dec.2018 (v48)

- New: Removed old CDR AIBehaviors.lua and replaced it with real CDR Attack platoon.
- New: AI can now upgrade all ACU, incl. Black ops ACU's and ACU from Nomads. (also respecting eco for upgrades)
- Fix: Target function no longer targets units while reclaim is in progress.
- Fix: Fixed some functions not returning if the platoon is disbanded.
- Fix: Bomber/Gunships no longer hover over the target without shooting.
- Opt: Removed initial ACU builders. (No longer needed)
- Opt: Changed attack-priorities for air and land platoons.
- Opt: Minimized the amount of energy buildings at game start. (Ecomanager is now calculating the need of energy)

The new ACU platoon can also handle Black Ops and Nomads ACU's.
The all faction mod is supported, so the AI can control up to 5 ACU's and also upgrade all ACU's.
Also special combinations like playing the faction Aeon but using the Seraphim ACU are possible.
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Postby Franck83 » 21 Dec 2018, 15:59

Hi Uveso,

In order to improve your really cool AI, this is a replay where i played with a 1.3k and a 1.6k elo players (id : 8996054) that can give cool feedback. Uveso AIx Adaptative (2.0x cheating) ecos really well. At mid time game, Ai sent several monkeylords but with no AA or Air support which was really easy to counter with a group of T2 bombers. Same with several Exp then. Maybe it would be more challenging to add to monkeylords platoon some AA or air support. Or maybe AI can retreat its monkeylords if there is no more AA support. In all cases, ty for your nice work.
Alliance of Heroes Mod is out ! Try it ! It's in the Mod Vault !
Franck83
Evaluator

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 122 times
FAF User Name: Franck83

Postby Uveso » 21 Dec 2018, 18:39

Hello Franck83,

thanks a lot for your feedback :)

You are right, experimentals have no guards at the moment. But they will :)

I am also implementing the first snipe platoons. :D

Btw, if you are still interested in making your own ACU AI i have good news.
i merged all ACU commands in a single function.
Forget the AIBehaviorthread. we don't need it anymore.

ACU is now controlled like all platoons.
here is the platoonfunktion that is contolling the ACU in my AI:
https://github.com/Uveso/AI-Uveso/blob/ ... .lua#L1178
Uveso
Supreme Commander

PreviousNext

Return to AI modifications