FA Mission 1 - Black Day

Moderators: speed2, KeyBlue

FA Mission 1 - Black Day

Postby speed2 » 24 Jan 2017, 20:17

FA Mission 1 - Black Day

Feedback Thread
Feel free to post any thoughts about this mission or suggestions of what you'd like to see changed or improved. Link to the recent changes can be found in this post: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=13626&p=140165#p140165

Reporting an Issue
Please read these guidelines before posting an issue. viewtopic.php?f=78&t=13626#p140631
Having a proper report will help us fix issues faster.
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Re: FA Mission 1 - Black Day

Postby raptor227 » 31 May 2017, 22:35

been seeying desyncs for several players at the 2nd expansion point

logs:
Attachments
game.log
(162.31 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
forever.log
(133.37 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
raptor227

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: raptor227

Postby raptor227 » 01 Jun 2017, 21:41

not really 100% sure but it might be related to aeon players i sure did desync on it dont remember the other players factions from the other times ill keep an eye out for it
raptor227

FAF User Name: raptor227

Postby Idontknowman » 02 Oct 2017, 18:39

Everything's fine, just one plea: I never liked how the mission just ends before all enemy forces are removed. Could the Seraphim ACU's destruction trigger a visible detonation of all remaining enemy forces before leaving the planet ? Actually that's a request for all campaign missions. Noticed the same in FA mission#3 with the princess' part: The enemy units would just remain despite the enemy ACU being destroyed.
Last edited by Idontknowman on 05 Jan 2018, 09:45, edited 3 times in total.
Idontknowman
Crusader

FAF User Name: Idontknowman

Postby Juchernaut » 17 Nov 2017, 05:55

Just experienced a desync. I was playing as Aeon. Also, the map opens up at 16 minutes regardless of whether or not you destroy the first two order bases. I don't remember that happening, so it might have been a fun way to make the map harder, but just wanted to let you know.
Juchernaut

FAF User Name: Juchernaut

Postby CrazyMLC » 03 Jan 2018, 10:59

What's up with this mission? Like Juchernaut said, in the base game it doesn't automatically advance, yet in this one it skips ahead to saving the civilians at about 15:30, no matter what objectives have or have not been completed. It's hard to tell if this is intentional...

Some of the entries on the leaderboards are below 20 minutes, which is surprising to me. I was interested in seeing how they did it, since the mission as it is now seems impossible to beat in the first place (even with a friend), but clicking on the replay link creates an uncaught exception. In fact, none of the links on the leaderboards for any of the missions appear to work.

???

Are the coop missions even still maintained?
CrazyMLC

FAF User Name: CrazyMLC

Postby speed2 » 03 Jan 2018, 12:28

Read the first post and you might find some answers
speed2
Contributor

Postby CrazyMLC » 03 Jan 2018, 16:29

Ah, I didn't check the changelog thoroughly enough before posting.

I wish that were configurable in some way, as most of my frustration about it comes from playing with my brother. He's played through the campaign countless times in the base game, and I thought playing through it with him would be a good way to introduce him to FAF for the first time. It uh, didn't go that well. He wasn't familiar with the time pressure, and we didn't manage to adapt within a few tries. I'm concerned it's created some bitterness towards FAF. It's my fault I suppose for assuming that it'd be a slow, casual, go at your own pace experience like the base game, but being able to go through that with a friend would have been nice.

I did manage to beat the mission on my own since my last post. I thought it'd be worth mentioning that some Aeon ships remained after their commander was destroyed, and they behaved very strangely. I don't have the game log unfortunately.
Attachments
7280790-CrazyMLC.fafreplay
(79.4 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
CrazyMLC

FAF User Name: CrazyMLC

Postby speed2 » 04 Jan 2018, 11:49

I'll add an option to disable it in some future updates.
speed2
Contributor

Postby Idontknowman » 05 Jan 2018, 10:47

2 issues with objectives:
1) Destroy the subs objective:
This one has very exotic trigger conditions that cause issues in the mission.
The player will only receive the objective after 30s after the shield was either repaired or destroyed. Due to these conditions it's possible that the player may have destroyed the subs but once the operation is over the sub-objective will still be listed as a failed objective because the player could never complete it with success as it wasn't ever assigned to him. The sub-objective is also automatically counted as failed objective once the map expands, if it wasn't completed by then. In addition to that the player will never receive this sub-objective, causing it to be listed as failed objective, if either
-the shield was neither repaired nor destroyed
-the shield was repaired after map expansion
-the player destroys the subs before receiving the objective to do so (tested)
-> change: This objective shouldn't count as failure unless the subs still exist when the whole operation is over, as it makes no sense to do so: the subs are still there and so is the player, nothing has changed. If that sub-objective is so important and urgent it should at least get a text, indicating that it's of equal importance as a main objective, due to being on a tight timer. Ideally this objective should be assigned by a timer that runs right at the start of the operation instead. That not only ensures to get rid of the issues around the scripting but it's also convenient because the player still has access to subs and sonar by then.

2) Civilian trucks:
Once either 6 trucks make it and the objective is completed with success or more than 4 trucks are destroyed and the objective is completed with failure the truck control button is removed. In any case some trucks may remain that can't be controlled anymore.
-> change: The objective may be counted as success or failure ahead of this, depending on the state of what happened, but I shouldn't be forced to abandon the remaining civilians. I'd rather have the remaining trucks change control to be under my direct control, so that I can move them to safety, until the last truck made it. The trigger to bring them to the city seems to run even after the objective was completed, which is a good thing, as I was able to bump them to the city where they'd then auto-drive to the center and despawn.
Edit#1: Also the mission script reveals that the player has to rescue 6 civilian trucks on all difficulty levels. Could rather be 2/5/8 on easy / normal / hard.

Question - Fletcher:
I played this mission on hard only, so far. Does he ever build a Fatboy on other difficulty levels ? Or get additional base defense then ?
Idontknowman
Crusader

FAF User Name: Idontknowman

Next

Return to Coop