My Seraphim Campagin

Moderators: speed2, KeyBlue

Re: My Seraphim Campagin

Postby OxideIon » 14 Nov 2019, 07:41

If you don't plan on tying Holy Raid to any future mission, it would probably be the most sensible to have both aeon commanders die in the mission. It would probably be the best to move the commander revealed in the final expansion to the base in the back with the paragon. Make sure she doesn't walk too close to the paragon and add a timer for her to gate out, so basically what you have in Blockade with the final seraphim commander.
Have you heard of our lord and saviour, air scout?
OxideIon

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
FAF User Name: OxideIon

Postby Tagada » 14 Nov 2019, 12:25

You could also add a warning of a big attack coming to destroy the small AI base that you are asked to protect, and problably make a better use of the Paragon, make the AI spam more stuff. Also when they attack with GC's add t3 mobile AA to the formation, otherwise they just die for free to air and it's very easy to defend cause the map is so big anyways.
Tagada

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: WhoIsThisNoob

Postby OxideIon » 17 Nov 2019, 17:12

I completed the updated Uthe-Thuum-QAI mission on hard (I got it from speed2).

The attacks at the beginning are much more varied with the drops and jesters instead of just bombers, it made it feel a lot better. As the game progresses, the drops get better units, t2 air begins attacking, and wagners come from multiple directions, I liked that (tone the attacks down a bit on lower difficulties). I don't know if it's intentional but I got around 1k energy overflow from QAI, which helped me set up my base. If it's intentional, I would put a some dialogue about it from QAI. If you don't want the player to get the overflow, find a way to fix it.

Honestly, I couldn't capture the first node in the time given on any of my attempts. It could be done by rushing an Ythotha, but that is best used by sending it to kill the south-eastern base. Whether you succeed or fail doesn't seem to affect the mission at all. In any case, you probably should at least change the dialogue from "overlord HQ" so that it makes more sense in the event that you don't capture the node in time. Alternatively you could add a different dialogue that plays if you fail to complete the objective before the map expands (if that is possible).

After the map expands, tons of air, navy, and land attack you. You should tone this down on lower difficulties, it's pretty brutal. In one of my games QAI died to the units that attack it during the cinematic, you shouldn't let it wander too close to the right side of its base. You can't really help QAI until you deal with the things attacking you so it feels really cheap for it to die then. I liked the additional monkeylords and soul rippers that attack you. The nuke is nice as well. You should keep the cybran commander as far back as possible. It will quickly die to Ythothas or battleships even if they aren't targeting it as it might wander to the front, and once it dies all the structures belonging to it also get destroyed. Once the ACU is dead, there is practically no pressure. You can then use the time you have left to build up whatever you want with impunity. You might want to add some check (if possible) that if the ACU dies and the node isn't captured soon, the other commander starts attacking more (should get a dialogue for this so it isn't a surprise).

I can't say much about the final part of the mission as the ACU wandered quite close to my fleet of battlehips and died. Make sure the ACU stays on the right side of the base so battleships have to get much closer to attack it. I presume that the monkeylords will attack QAI, which is good. You might want to send some soul rippers in too. If you want to be evil, you could add a timer to get an anti-nuke ready in QAI's base so that the mainframe doesn't get nuked (of course this is also negated by just killing the ACU). I liked that the final base in the south-east had a t3 artillery piece instead of engis building a scathis. The artillery seemed to fire at the node in the south and the mexes near it, you should make sure it targets the base instead.

I watched back on the replay and it seems that at least the 2nd cybran commander (grey) has cloak but not stealth. He could be seen in radar but not with vision. You probably want to fix that somehow.

The replay should(?) work on downlord's client (java client).
Attachments
10530849-OxideIon.fafreplay
It says it's on a different map but it's the correct one.
(155.34 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
OxideIon

Postby OxideIon » 20 Nov 2019, 21:16

I played Holy Raid again and I noticed a bug with the labs you have to capture. If some labs die before they are all captured, the objective can't be completed, nor will it fail the mission.
OxideIon

Postby shadowlorda1 » 22 Nov 2019, 02:57

Sorry about that, I'm currently focusing on Seraphim missions 1-5, I will get back to the Coalition missions after I get the seraphim ones hammered down.
shadowlorda1
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
FAF User Name: shadowlorda1

Postby TheKoopa » 26 Nov 2019, 01:01

Hey dude, just wanted to say, you're doing some good work with the Sera campaign
Last edited by TheKoopa on 27 Nov 2019, 18:28, edited 1 time in total.
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby shadowlorda1 » 27 Nov 2019, 03:19

thank you! It really helps me feel like there's a point in all this work!
shadowlorda1
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
FAF User Name: shadowlorda1

Postby Resistance » 28 Nov 2019, 17:44

absolutely,a good job :)
*time to hunt smurfs*
Resistance

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Resistance

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 01 Dec 2019, 04:02

Great mission with QAI, however it glitched out once we defeated the initial bases and capped the first cybran node. Replay doesn't want to attach for some reason; the ID is 10603676. Players: SaltBlizzard, Azraeel, and Rusty
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby TheKoopa » 09 Dec 2019, 00:06

On Holy Raid once your ACU reaches 0 hp, nothing happens, it just... continues existing on 0 hp

Me + Freshy, both cyb

Replay ID: 10646915
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

PreviousNext

Return to Coop