My Seraphim Campagin

Moderators: speed2, KeyBlue

Re: My Seraphim Campagin

Postby OxideIon » 07 Nov 2019, 17:32

I played Holy Raid (alliance campaign, mission 2) and found several bugs. The airbase at the north-east edge of the map built a some solaces throughout the game. I doubt that is intentional on a land map. The walls around the enemy bases couldn't be reclaimed, and engis on patrol/attack move near them refused to do anything. Cybran walls and the aeon walls around the small arty outposts were reclaimable. It's also possible that the final(?) map expansion is broken, since I heard the voice-over for it but nothing happened. The most that was revealed to me were the eastern base building czars and the airbase north of it with the 2 nuke launchers.

I also never got any objectives regarding the aeon ACUs (I don't believe they were present on the map at all). The bases in the east also didn't have any objectives attached to them (I couldn't complete the mission as there was no trigger for it).

At the very end I nuked my ACU and to my surprise I found it didn't die. I tried to kill it again but it didn't die despite going to 0 hp. I also reclaimed the 3 research stations that I had the objective to protect. The counter ticked to 2/3 but not below that so it didn't trigger a loss either. I was playing UEF.

Have you heard of our lord and saviour, air scout?
OxideIon

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
FAF User Name: OxideIon

Postby shadowlorda1 » 07 Nov 2019, 19:38

I think it did break, I did not check that mission before I released it, so it has a lot of bugs most likely. I will look into it and fix it up. thank you for the feedback!
shadowlorda1
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
FAF User Name: shadowlorda1

Postby Tagada » 10 Nov 2019, 20:42

I really love your Co op missions, keep it up!
Now, some Feedback:

Seraphim campaign Mission 4 :
I really like the newest changes, fixing the second expansion bug and adding more variety to unit mix that attacks your initial base before first expansion. The Nukes are a good idea but I would give a warning before the first one and like 30 sec so that you can evacuate your base and before the second nuke I would give like 3 or 3.5 mins, cause when I played it for the first time on hard even tho I rushed smd I still didn't manage to get it loaded. Also, about the warning, I think it would be nice to have it as QAI Message something about the lines : "I detect multiple Nuclear Missiles in your vacinity Commander, Make sure to make smd or kill Nuke launchers quickly" to make it clear to the player that their base will get nuked.

replay Id: 10497311
Tagada

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: WhoIsThisNoob

Postby OxideIon » 10 Nov 2019, 23:47

I completed the mission with Tagada and it's great. Like Tagada said, you could add some warning for the nukes as they destroy the aeon base that you get (which is fine), but the follow-up nuke to your main base comes quite quickly. You could extend the time until your main base gets nuked on lower difficulties (if that is possible to do) as it is quite punishing. As for the later parts of the mission... there isn't much to say . The enemy attacks well and the big assaults on map expansions are decent. Experimental bombers are quite devastating but you can't really get around that.

You could have Kael use the paragon a lot more if you desire, it could make for a decent challenge. T3 arty and nukes would add some pressure as well, depends how you want to do things.

Perhaps the only bug is that you get multiple tasks for building the T4 bomber (1 for each player it seems).
Attachments
10498319-OxideIon.fafreplay
(271.75 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
OxideIon

Postby shadowlorda1 » 11 Nov 2019, 03:06

Thank you for the feedback, I will make sure to take a look at timing the nukes better!
shadowlorda1
Crusader

Postby OxideIon » 11 Nov 2019, 12:31

Did a quick test on the updated Holy raid. Some walls still can't be reclaimed. Assuming the situation is the same as last time, the unreclaimable walls are the aeon walls around the bases.

Video of the walls. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mECuIW- ... e=youtu.be
OxideIon

Postby Tagada » 11 Nov 2019, 14:15

Updated mission Holy Raid
After you fail to complete objectives before third and final expansion you have a cut scene that is saying you kill the Harva Commander even tho you still haven't and Also if you kill the Main Aeon Commader (Yellow one) then the mission is over and completed even if you still haven't killed Harva. Also, north of Harva's base there is small base with 2 nuke launchers, maybe make AI use them to nuke your base? Since you used nukes in your previous missions then I have actually started to make smd while playing campaign :D

Replay Id: 10500653
Tagada

Postby OxideIon » 11 Nov 2019, 15:00

I completed the updated Holy Raid. Same complaints as what Tagada had. The secondary objective to protect the aeon civilians seems to be uncompletable. They were at 100 % and once I finished the mission, it didn't complete. There were some units left on the map so I guess some of the could have been assigned to go attack the civilians but it seems weird for it to not complete once the aeon ACU gates out.

It felt a bit weird for the final aeon ACU to gate out when I had about 20 czars over it and the base had hardly any structures left, but if you want it to gate out then you don't really have any other options for it sadly.
Attachments
10500796-OxideIon.fafreplay
(174.17 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
OxideIon

Postby Tagada » 11 Nov 2019, 18:11

Operation Blockade
I have really enjoyed this one, however it was only challenging in the end. The Nukes in the final expansion were really nice, I forgot to build smd and my whole base was destroyed which made it much more interesting. Sadly the ending was super anti climatic cause enemy Acu just walked to edge of the base and got randomly killed by a megalith. I Would suggest that you give all AI Acu's t3 + Shield or other HP upgrades and just make them sit in the middle under heavy shielding, cause a lot of the times they will just randomly walk to the edge of the base or start rebuilding stuff right next to my experimentals. Same happend in Seraphim mission 4 where the Purple Aeon ACU got easily killed by navy when she walked nearly outside her base.

Replay ID: 10501418
Tagada

Postby shadowlorda1 » 12 Nov 2019, 18:39

Looks like i got a lot of reworking to do, I really did not know how i wanted to wrap up Holy raid and im still not entirely onboard with its current ending and final part, any suggestions would be nice.
shadowlorda1
Crusader

PreviousNext

Return to Coop