Coop mod/missions suggestions/testing

Moderators: speed2, KeyBlue

Re: Coop mod/missions suggestions/testing

Postby Kaskouy » 26 Mar 2016, 00:35

Hi again :)

After mission 4, I did logically mission 5... and found a bug during the final cinematic!

Firstly, the killing animation is not shown properly: I can neither see the missile fired by the megalith, nore the graphical effects that follow (the missile that splits, flashes etc...), but the associated sounds are played properly.
Then, the scene stops after QAI has died. Last dialogue shown is Brackman saying "Goodbye QAI", QAI explodes as expected, then nothing more happens, camera doesn't move, megalith stays in place. Until this moment, all dialogues has been played, and except the missile animation, every thing occured as expected.

I had a look at the log file and the code... But this one is too tricky for me, so here is the log file :)

Kaskouy
Attachments
speed2coop.log
(693.98 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
Kaskouy

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby DarkKaiser810 » 31 Mar 2016, 14:17

feel free to shoot me a message when coops missions can be played like back in the old days and that black ops works with them till then i guess ill just find something else to play.
DarkKaiser810

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: DarkKaiser810

Postby speed2 » 31 Mar 2016, 14:31

DarkKaiser810 wrote:feel free to shoot me a message when coops missions can be played like back in the old days and that black ops works with them till then i guess ill just find something else to play.

Thanks for your help testing it so it can come back faster
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby Kaskouy » 01 Apr 2016, 01:41

Hi speed2,

I've tested the UEF campaign from Vanilla (I've felt a bit nostalgic :lol: ). That works pretty well, but I had a problem with the voices, it didn't work at first, until I realised I had to copy the voice files into file "fr" instead of "us", because my game is parameterized to play french dialogues. Indeed, in your first post, you tells to copy those files in C:\ProgramData\FAForever\extra\sounds\voice\us, but you should explain that non-english or us players have to put them in another folder depending on their language: "fr" for french, "es" for spanish, and "it" for italian for example. I don't know if other languages are supported (russian for example)...

Oh, by the way, I tried to copy the french voices from my Vanilla installation in the folder, but the voice banks cannot be loaded in this case. Is there something special to do for this to work?

On mission 2, I just noticed a small bug, when the aeon commander is killed, the video where she says that she returns to the way (or something like that, don't remember exactly...) plays twice.

On the other hand, on mission 6, I noticed several bugs.
The first one is very annoying because when the black sun was completed and I had to wait for it to charge, I couldn't build anymore unit, and then assault after assault, I couldn't renew the units I had lost in battle. When looking at the script, I understood the reason:

Code: Select all
-- === MISSION 3 FUNCTIONS === #
function StartMission3()
    if ScenarioInfo.MissionNumber ~= 3 then
        for k,v in ScenarioInfo.BlackSunCannon do
            v:SetWorkProgress(.01)
        end
        SetArmyUnitCap(1, 500)  -- ARGH!!!

The SetArmyUnitCap instruction halves your unit cap, and if you already built more than 500 units, you cannot produce anymore. The reason wasn't clear at first, because strangely, when playing, unit cap was still appearing to be 1000.
Delete this line to correct the bug, or if there is really a reason to cap number of units at 500, put this instruction at the beginning of the scenario!

The second bug is annoying too, because Arnold doesn't launch his final assault, and as defeating him is a mandatory condition to be able to fire the black sun, you cannot end the mission.

After checking the log, the problem comes from here:

function M3FinalAttack()
    -- Turn off AMs
    ArmyBrains[Cybran]:AMPauseAttackManager()
    ArmyBrains[Aeon]:AMPauseAttackManager()

I had a look, and it lookslike you did a lot of rework, because the AMPauseAttackManager is now unknown, so the script stops its execution. To repair this, I added this method in lua/aibrain.lua:

-- ADDED BY KASKOUY FOR TEST!!!
   AMPauseAttackManager = function(self)
      self.AttackManager:PauseAttackManager()
        end,

As it is your work, I let you verify this is the good way to fix it, but I tested it, and I can confirm that with this fix the mission is fully playable.

A last small detail on mission 3, this one works perfectly, but after Arnold death, you are supposed to stop aeon destroyers while being limited to T1 sea units. Even if this is doable thanks to the torpedo bombers (but you sacrifice a lot each time because the aeon player also sends some AA boats and interceptors), this is really painful, so i suggest that at least the T2 destroyer (and of course the T2 sea factory) is made available from the beginning of the mission. Of course, more feedback should be desirable before doing so, to see if other players share my opinion on this...

OK, I've nothing else to add for now, this is already a tough report! :lol:

Kaskouy
Kaskouy

Postby speed2 » 01 Apr 2016, 12:27

I've tested the UEF campaign from Vanilla (I've felt a bit nostalgic :lol: ). That works pretty well, but I had a problem with the voices, it didn't work at first, until I realised I had to copy the voice files into file "fr" instead of "us", because my game is parameterized to play french dialogues. Indeed, in your first post, you tells to copy those files in C:\ProgramData\FAForever\extra\sounds\voice\us, but you should explain that non-english or us players have to put them in another folder depending on their language: "fr" for french, "es" for spanish, and "it" for italian for example. I don't know if other languages are supported (russian for example)...

I'd swear I wrote that but obviously it's wasn't there... well fixed.

Oh, by the way, I tried to copy the french voices from my Vanilla installation in the folder, but the voice banks cannot be loaded in this case. Is there something special to do for this to work?

Yes, they need to be repacked with different version of that tools that is making xsb, xwb files. It's all on wiki if you're intrested.

A last small detail on mission 3, this one works perfectly, but after Arnold death, you are supposed to stop aeon destroyers while being limited to T1 sea units. Even if this is doable thanks to the torpedo bombers (but you sacrifice a lot each time because the aeon player also sends some AA boats and interceptors), this is really painful, so i suggest that at least the T2 destroyer (and of course the T2 sea factory) is made available from the beginning of the mission. Of course, more feedback should be desirable before doing so, to see if other players share my opinion on this...

This isn't excatly a bug since destroyers were not so strong in vanilla. Last time I've played it I managed to defeat it with air no prob...

Anyway thanks for the reports, since you know some stuff do you think you could be posting those issues on git?
https://github.com/FAForever/faf-coop-maps/issues
speed2
Contributor

Postby TheKoopa » 01 Apr 2016, 16:38

Cleaned up the topic, please keep it to relevant suggestions and/or bug reports.
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby Ozolz » 04 Apr 2016, 20:48

Hi,my friend did exactly as instructed to install (me too) but he gets this error when trying to use the Coop.ink shortcut. The screen is just black and once he press Esc, this error is shown:
"
CD3DDeviceResources::DevResInitResources: Unable to load effect file /effects/cartographic.fx

Program : C:\ProgramData\FAForever\bin\ForgedAlliance.exe
Cmd line arguments : /init init_speed_coop_beta.lua
"

If he runs the normal Forged Alliance shortcut in Steam it works just fine.

We both got game and everything installed on C:drive

Its clearly nothing to do with the file "cartographic.fx" because I copied his file to my PC and the Coop.ink starts the game just fine.

Tried reinstalling everything, same error still.

What to do?
Ozolz

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Ozolz

Postby Kaskouy » 05 Apr 2016, 01:57

Hi speed2,

Sorry for my late reply, but thanks to your advice, I could repack all french voices for the Vanilla campaign, which took me a lot of time (strangely, sometimes the xwb extractor I used messed up totally with the video names, and I had to rename them one by one using the scenario script :o )

Anyway, I've finally achieved this task, here is a download link for french voices:

https://mega.nz/#!eRAFkAZY!VSo6sQGTY0a9 ... EqLpupQpxc

Could you please add it to your first post? I've verified the files as much as I could, but it's such a long task that some mistakes could remain. If that's the case, thanks in advance to anybody that could report any anomaly, I'll correct it and repack the files.

[EDIT: link replaced by new version; All files have been fully verified, no mistake should remain now]

By the way, i've also a small modification to suggest, so that, in addition to voices, subtitles are also displayed in the correct language (for Vanilla, it already works for FA). This is not noticeable for english/us people, as the game use default strings in english from the scenario, but the FA string database doesn't contain the necessary keys for SupCom campaign. Here is a small modification to include both database:

https://mega.nz/#!aRJDhaRS!iMwpYE2aN-tJ ... JHnX5tBICc

There is a README in the pack, explaining what I did, and all the necessary files. You'll see, it's very simple ;)
Of course I've tested it at home, and it works well.

Thanks for taking into account the issues I have reported. For now I haven't discovered new ones, but I will consider reporting them on git if necessary.

Kaskouy
Kaskouy

Postby Kaskouy » 14 Apr 2016, 23:50

Hi speed2,

I've updated the french voices pack (see edit of precedent post), could you please propose it for download in your first post ? All French players will be thankful towards you ;)

I've spotted some small anomalies on cybran mission 2: The old "SetArmyUnitCap" instructions are still in place, and there's an error at line 1683 of the script (not critical though). As ScenarioStrings.CybranGenericReminder is unknown, the associated dialogue doesn't play. Actually, this variable comes from a generic file from Vanilla, so it's unknown in FA. Vanilla file is lua\modules\ScenarioStrings.lua. In my opinion, in order for this to work, merging this file with lua\ScenarioStrings.lua from FA should be considered.

Anyway, as I can analyse the scripts and correct some bugs, may I join the development team? I already have an account on git, what do I have to do then?

Thank you to tell me!

Kaskouy
Kaskouy

Postby speed2 » 15 Apr 2016, 00:00

I'll look at it soon™ if you don't know how git works you can PM me on FAF and I'll explain you how to start with it.
speed2
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Coop