Unfinished building blocking "exploit"

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Unfinished building blocking "exploit"

Postby Strogo » 13 Mar 2018, 20:20

Here is the fix.

If structure is under construction and has <200 hp (could be any number or %) and it's not an actual target, missile will destroy it and then apply full damage to the target.

Strogo

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 33 times
FAF User Name: Strogo

Postby ZLO_RD » 13 Mar 2018, 21:26

Strogo wrote:Here is the fix.

If structure is under construction and has <200 hp (could be any number or %) and it's not an actual target, missile will destroy it and then apply full damage to the target.

That is great... if only you could make missile not explode on impact but actually go trought... also if building is blocked that way it shortenes TML path and make it harder to defend with TMD xDDD but ok that is a minor thing
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Postby Strogo » 13 Mar 2018, 23:07

It could be like that:

That is not "actually go through" (as missile still disappear), but in terms of damage it is same.
Strogo

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 33 times
FAF User Name: Strogo

Postby JoonasTo » 13 Mar 2018, 23:38

That's pretty epic stuff.
JoonasTo
Priest

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 81 times
FAF User Name: JoonasTo

Postby Steel_Panther » 14 Mar 2018, 01:47

keyser wrote:
Either the structure slowly rises from below

this doesn't work for cybran and uef.
has X% chance of making contact, based on the % completed.
This introduce randomness which isn't healthy for the game.

The best thing i heard so far, is the way chris said "Perhaps make it so missiles don't collide with structures that are <10% built unless that structure is the missile's target?"
Although 10% doesn't seems much, you can pump up 10% facto or T1 radar pretty fast. It might introduce some bugs though.

Well, if randomness is bad, should we eliminate firing randomness for units too? I don't disagree with you. It does slightly decrease strategy and slightly increase luck if you have more randomness. It's just that some randomness also adds a bit of realism too, which sometimes can be preferable, and is basically the whole simulated physics argument. I just prefer it more as a fluke type of issue, like an arty shell hitting a plane or something, rather than as a game mechanic to exploit. I think your solution is ok, but it might have to be like 50% to be a half decent solution for blocking tml. Still, the easiest is to just ban this.

biass wrote:The terraforming issue is to prevent a number of issued with rolloff, hitoxes, etc and the action of shaping the map to deny passage was not intended by the original or the current game developers.

That's exactly my point, and why I mentioned it to refute Icedreamer. It was NOT an intended effect. Literally just read what I said...so, thanks for agreeing that I'm right!

biass wrote:Sure, it's probably not fair that you can spam a block, it's also probably "not fair" that you can make a building that one shots your buildings from hilarious ranges, but the game gives you the tools to stop it. You don't fire at places protected by TMD's, so why do you fire at places where the missile can and most likely will be bodyblocked?

This is really funny. You literally claim that tmls, with an obviously contemplated, balanced counter, are OP. Then you imply that it's stupid to use the tml on any target it is basically intended for. If you imply that mexes are stupid to target because they might be blocked...I'm not sure what you think these super smart GPG designers really intended tml to be used for. Apparently not buildings!

Also, I guess if their "intended design" which you already admitted had flaws, shouldn't be tweaked, you must be pretty angry about literally every balance patch in the history of FAF...can someone please let them all we need to go back to GPG balance because it's perfect? Thanks! "lmao"

Strogo wrote:If structure is under construction and has <200 hp (could be any number or %) and it's not an actual target, missile will destroy it and then apply full damage to the target.

Well, this is almost exactly my first suggestion. The only exception would be a building with 5800-6000 hp...so I guess the cybran HQ.
Steel_Panther

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 19 times
FAF User Name: Steel_Panther

Previous

Return to Balance Discussion