T2 Drops

Moderators: Zock, JaggedAppliance

Re: T2 Drops

Postby FtXCommando » 06 Jan 2018, 05:10

s w i f t w i n d i s n o t g a m e a l t e r i n g

you JUST said swift wind = whatever how can you then reply to this dude and say t2 air is nerfed for 3 factions.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
User avatar
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players
 
Posts: 635
Joined: 09 Jan 2017, 18:44
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 267 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Re: T2 Drops

Postby Franck83 » 06 Jan 2018, 05:14

Yes, everything can be done and tried with sim mods. But modifications to main Faf trunk are hard to convince everybody.
Alliance of Heroes Mod is out ! Try it ! It's in the Mod Vault !
User avatar
Franck83
Priest
 
Posts: 378
Joined: 30 Dec 2016, 11:59
Location: France
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 60 times
FAF User Name: Franck

Re: T2 Drops

Postby ABSTRACT » 06 Jan 2018, 05:15

FtXCommando wrote:you JUST said swift wind = whatever how can you then reply to this dude and say t2 air is nerfed for 3 factions.


because other factions dont have it.
User avatar
ABSTRACT
Avatar-of-War
 
Posts: 109
Joined: 03 Nov 2014, 13:39
Location: Germany
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: ABSTRACT

Re: T2 Drops

Postby ABSTRACT » 06 Jan 2018, 05:17

Franck83 wrote:Yes, everything can be done and tried with sim mods. But modifications to main Faf trunk are hard to convince everybody.

Our balance team had never problems to introduce new patches and units. And i doubt everybody was convinced.
User avatar
ABSTRACT
Avatar-of-War
 
Posts: 109
Joined: 03 Nov 2014, 13:39
Location: Germany
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: ABSTRACT

Re: T2 Drops

Postby Franck83 » 06 Jan 2018, 05:22

FtXCommando wrote:s w i f t w i n d i s n o t g a m e a l t e r i n g

you JUST said swift wind = whatever how can you then reply to this dude and say t2 air is nerfed for 3 factions.


Maybe i m wrong but you can t just add ×4 cyc dps, ftx. At 50% health, swift is still 100% dps but not the 2 remaining cycl. Then swift is doing 150 dps on 1 plane. Cycle will lose time to retarget. So swift must give an advantage, no ?
Alliance of Heroes Mod is out ! Try it ! It's in the Mod Vault !
User avatar
Franck83
Priest
 
Posts: 378
Joined: 30 Dec 2016, 11:59
Location: France
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 60 times
FAF User Name: Franck

Re: T2 Drops

Postby ABSTRACT » 06 Jan 2018, 05:28

Franck83 wrote:
FtXCommando wrote:s w i f t w i n d i s n o t g a m e a l t e r i n g

you JUST said swift wind = whatever how can you then reply to this dude and say t2 air is nerfed for 3 factions.


Maybe i m wrong but you can t just add ×4 cyc dps, ftx. At 50% health, swift is still 100% dps but not the 2 remaining cycl. Then swift is doing 150 dps on 1 plane. Cycle will lose time to retarget. So swift must give an advantage, no ?


The thing becomes even more interesting when you compare the stats to F/B.
User avatar
ABSTRACT
Avatar-of-War
 
Posts: 109
Joined: 03 Nov 2014, 13:39
Location: Germany
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: ABSTRACT

Re: T2 Drops

Postby Franck83 » 06 Jan 2018, 05:38

Numbers are not everything. All things must be considered as a whole.

Maybe some real fights numbers cycl vs swift can be done to measure the aeon advantage. Maybe it is just a slight adv.
Alliance of Heroes Mod is out ! Try it ! It's in the Mod Vault !
User avatar
Franck83
Priest
 
Posts: 378
Joined: 30 Dec 2016, 11:59
Location: France
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 60 times
FAF User Name: Franck

Re: T2 Drops

Postby ABSTRACT » 06 Jan 2018, 05:44

Franck83 wrote:Numbers are not everything. All things must be considered as a whole.

True. If i look into games and dont see any players using F/B to fight against air, a simple look to the numbers will give you the answer. Considering things as a whole would mean to think about the side effects, like the topic of this thread for example.
User avatar
ABSTRACT
Avatar-of-War
 
Posts: 109
Joined: 03 Nov 2014, 13:39
Location: Germany
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: ABSTRACT

Re: T2 Drops

Postby Franck83 » 06 Jan 2018, 05:50

F/B are multi role. A specialized unit is always stronger in its role.
Alliance of Heroes Mod is out ! Try it ! It's in the Mod Vault !
User avatar
Franck83
Priest
 
Posts: 378
Joined: 30 Dec 2016, 11:59
Location: France
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 60 times
FAF User Name: Franck

Re: T2 Drops

Postby ABSTRACT » 06 Jan 2018, 06:01

Franck83 wrote:F/B are multi role. A specialized unit is always stronger in its role.


Ofc they are multi role. But that fact doesnt help us to gain air superiority with T2 vs T1, or to cushion a T3 air rush.
-- or to shoot down a T2 Transport
User avatar
ABSTRACT
Avatar-of-War
 
Posts: 109
Joined: 03 Nov 2014, 13:39
Location: Germany
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: ABSTRACT

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest