Why is the Aeon a broken faction?

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Why is the Aeon a broken faction?

Postby FtXCommando » 03 Nov 2017, 19:35

Fen wrote:FtXcommando and others, again you trow what is mostly your personal opinion on how the grand scheme of the overall game progress goes and should go or simply go over the tangent. I havent seen any real serious opinion why the overal gamebreakers arent so but some weakness thats supposed to ne like that anyways. If aeon is so good why noone chooses it for land gameplay on tournaments?
T2 mobile shields would only slow down t2 tanks longer range and better movement bite through them and pick the auroras one by one.

Seek professional help
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 281 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby Fen » 03 Nov 2017, 19:38

I gave my opinion on a single situation of x vs y that i believe are game breakers and most of the reply i got involves a,b,c, and so on to a whole chorem. There is no way to have a balance argument with this methodology. I will see if i can get myself together to get a PC working since i apparently i can not quote on mobile due to the long pages scroll up changes quoting to the whole page selected, and also get recordings.
Fen
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: Fen

Postby Plasma_Wolf » 03 Nov 2017, 19:52

Fen wrote:I gave my opinion on a single situation of x vs y that i believe are game breakers and most of the reply i got involves a,b,c, and so on to a whole chorem. There is no way to have a balance argument with this methodology.

There is nothing in any version of the balance, where you can be more wrong than with this single statement. Nothing at all. If you want to claim something about Auroras you can't just go "oh they're so much better than strikers, they've got better range and bigger alpha damage".

A single bomber kills them all.

So now the bomber is OP vs auroras. A single AA kills it.

So now the AA is OP vs bombers. A single tank kills it.

So now all tanks are OP vs AA. :roll:

The only place where this ever worked, was with the Restorers. Those were OP. They were faster than they are now so they could easily avoid flak. They killed ASFs mass to mass and they could be built with just a few T2 Pgens.

That was an obvious balance change. Such glaring issues are no longer present. So think in unit combinations and situations. Not A vs B.
Plasma_Wolf
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 76 times
FAF User Name: Plasma_Wolf

Postby Fen » 03 Nov 2017, 22:38

So what parameter do you propose for normalization?
Fen
Crusader

Postby Plasma_Wolf » 03 Nov 2017, 23:30

Normalization in what respect?
Plasma_Wolf
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 76 times
FAF User Name: Plasma_Wolf

Postby Fen » 04 Nov 2017, 00:43

A criteria used for deviation análisis. In an example, it could be something like the analisis of player faction choices role based on map position in team games on the LotS tournament and 2k tier replays, and from that we could infer that the aeon is the most likely the favored dedicated air faction because it is the one picked most on the spot further from ground war. So the variables are spot affinity and faction role.
Other form would be an even split of faction choice to be the balance reference.
Another inferrence could be of the top players faction choices for 1v1 to infer the best faction.
Yet another one: faction win ratio on ladder.
Fen
Crusader

Postby TheKoopa » 04 Nov 2017, 02:13

Good thing we don't balance based on opinions and skewed analysis

Spoiler: show
Oh wait yes we do
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 197 times
FAF User Name: [Com]dave6

Postby Morax » 04 Nov 2017, 04:55

A short summary of this thread:

Maps are important for FAF!

My Map Design & Feedback Thread
Morax
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 960 times
Been liked: 541 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby Heaven » 04 Nov 2017, 22:08

The Order is eternal. There is no stopping us.
Heaven

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 132 times
FAF User Name: Heaven

Postby Ars Nova » 17 Nov 2017, 04:35

Endranii wrote:So ars nova or Nepty?

So Ars Nova what? I haven't bothered here since you guys took a great big dump on someone for daring to notice that hover is more commonly useful than driving along the sea floor.

Good work on this thread, guys. It's always a wonder to watch you turn being right into something so abysmally, vitriolically wrong. My favorite technique is when you try to force feed the OP a greater weight of insults than arguments so that anything valuable you may have posted gets disastrously poisoned and OP can't swallow it.
Ars Nova
Crusader

Been liked: 15 times

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion