Cybran gameender

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Cybran gameender

Postby Masyaka » 04 Apr 2017, 15:31

zeroAPM wrote:From the looks of the engineer/hive it seems more like small drones with miniature matter projectors rather than true nanites.

If so, cybs would build same way as UEF. But they just make the building become nontransparent by building - filling a template with nanites.
Masyaka
Priest

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: Rok-Weiler

Postby zeroAPM » 04 Apr 2017, 18:07

Nanites or matter? Maybe I'm thinking of TA but if i recall correctly all factions engineering suites are pretty much 3D printers that can also work in reverse, as such they print the building atom by atom.
zeroAPM
Priest

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 52 times
FAF User Name: Impressingbutton

Postby Masyaka » 06 Apr 2017, 06:16

zeroAPM wrote:Nanites or matter? Maybe I'm thinking of TA but if i recall correctly all factions engineering suites are pretty much 3D printers that can also work in reverse, as such they print the building atom by atom.

I tell you again.
UEF - kinda 3d printers
Aeon - magic/teleport/mass formator
Cyb - Nanites

Cybs cant use 3d printers cuz if they were, they'd start building from floor to the top but they just make building less transparent during building process. And these red lasers coming off drones are control lasers for these nanites. Cyb engys use red lasers to control their drones, their drones control nanites.

Stop spamming thread, i dont care who is right.
Masyaka
Priest

Has liked: 121 times
FAF User Name: Rok-Weiler

Postby biass » 06 Apr 2017, 07:13

what the heck are you guys on about

the only one close to making sense for building would be aeon, because drawing out 3d printed ink into a pool and then dragging it up already exists; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereolit ... Technology (i think)

as for the others? explanation is simple: video games yo, they're just meant to be kool animations

As for on topic; viewtopic.php?f=41&t=13084&hilit=mod+requestathon#p134806
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Endranii » 06 Nov 2017, 19:22

So any statements from the balance team on this matter? Hell I will even take just doubling the Scathis range with slight cost increase just so I can have option of making a forward fire base with this thing instead of having to park this shit right in front of enemy army.
Endranii

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 50 times
FAF User Name: Empty_Spot

Postby Mephi » 06 Nov 2017, 20:10

Endranii wrote:So any statements from the balance team on this matter? Hell I will even take just doubling the Scathis range with slight cost increase just so I can have option of making a forward fire base with this thing instead of having to park this shit right in front of enemy army.

There are currently no intentions to change the scathis. But changes for all T3 arty are on the way. The Problem is that, we are facing some bugs we werent able to solve yet.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrS9QsyUnTXhhYw3mAjBAeA
Top Level 1v1 POV and Casts
Mephi
Priest

Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 134 times
FAF User Name: Mephi

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 07 Nov 2017, 02:12

Mephi wrote:The Problem is that, we are facing some bugs we werent able to solve yet.

which kind of bug? Maybe its alredy solved.. i remember that i was solving some artilery bug that refuse fire when change some parameters..
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby Mephi » 07 Nov 2017, 10:53

Ithilis_Quo wrote:which kind of bug? Maybe its alredy solved.. i remember that i was solving some artilery bug that refuse fire when change some parameters..

cyb arty unable to shoot at 800 range, sera arty having more randomness than it should have. For more information contact PhilipJFry.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrS9QsyUnTXhhYw3mAjBAeA
Top Level 1v1 POV and Casts
Mephi
Priest

Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 134 times
FAF User Name: Mephi

Postby PhilipJFry » 07 Nov 2017, 11:40

The static sera arty tends to shoot in front of the target for the most part which makes it hit a decent bit less than it should
I can't figure out how to make cybran/uef arty shoot at more range than they already have - i'd like to make all static t3 arty shoot at 800 range

If you know how to solve those two issues then that would be a great help
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby ZeRenCZ » 07 Nov 2017, 21:34

PhilipJFry wrote:The static sera arty tends to shoot in front of the target for the most part which makes it hit a decent bit less than it should
I can't figure out how to make cybran/uef arty shoot at more range than they already have - i'd like to make all static t3 arty shoot at 800 range

If you know how to solve those two issues then that would be a great help

take code from EQ, I think all arties have same range there

and ED4 as T3 shield god damed :!: :!: :!: Cyb has the worst arty/late game

....I dont know why I still trying......... :(
ZeRenCZ
Crusader

Has liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: ZeRen

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion