Disable wreck killing by enemy team

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Disable wreck killing by enemy team

Postby Endranii » 19 Jan 2019, 04:06

Like in topic, I find it very unfun that enemy can kill wrecks thus denying the reclaim. Reclaim is very fun mechanic and should see more use.
Right now I need enemy to not pay attention otherwise he can nuke those 2 wrecks of experimentals on my part of map denying me 34k mass which makes it impossible to use such fun mechanic like reclaim.
Endranii
Avatar-of-War
 
Posts: 200
Joined: 16 Feb 2017, 18:07
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 44 times
FAF User Name: Empty_Spot

Re: Disable wreck killing by enemy team

Postby Farmsletje » 19 Jan 2019, 05:12

Good thing it's still okay for allies to kill them
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Evaluator
 
Posts: 936
Joined: 14 Sep 2016, 18:38
Has liked: 310 times
Been liked: 371 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Re: Disable wreck killing by enemy team

Postby Plasma_Wolf » 19 Jan 2019, 15:49

Endranii wrote:Reclaim is very fun mechanic and should see more use.


Isn't nuking the reclaim part of the game mechanic of using reclaim? If you don't see the mechanic being used enough, you are probably not reclaiming enough, or not reclaiming fast enough.

Also it's certainly not being done every single time. Your opponent has to have a nuke to begin with. On top of that, a battle has already not gone the way your opponent wants, because he is nuking it rather than reclaiming it. So you have won the battle, or it was a draw and you still have control over that area. That means your position has become better and that of your opponent has become worse. With the nuke he can at most bring it to the point it was before the battle.

Another example, you can use TML to kill reclaim. A GC wreck has 89999 HP. I would need 15 missiles to kill it. Let's assume I do it with 5 TMLs. That's 4k mass (UEF) for the TML and 2700 mass for the missiles, almost 25% of a new GC. In between launches you'll have plenty of time to reclaim because the launches aren't that fast.

Killing reclaim costs mass, and people often reclaim fast. I think that the removing the killing mechanic would take away more from the game than an opponent denying your reclaim.
User avatar
Plasma_Wolf
Supreme Commander
 
Posts: 1290
Joined: 20 Oct 2011, 11:28
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 80 times
FAF User Name: Plasma_Wolf

Re: Disable wreck killing by enemy team

Postby Taorluath » 03 Feb 2019, 01:11

There's literally no good reason to ruin this game mechanic.
Taorluath
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 03 Feb 2019, 01:06
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Taorluath

Re: Disable wreck killing by enemy team

Postby Evildrew » 03 Feb 2019, 02:40

I dont see any logic in weapons killing units but not the wrecks they leave... but if you want this nonsense change to be put into the game you need to befriend the balance council team people, they have made many stupid changes when their "friends" complained about something...
Evildrew
Avatar-of-War
 
Posts: 220
Joined: 18 Sep 2015, 11:41
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 31 times
FAF User Name: Evildrew

Re: Disable wreck killing by enemy team

Postby keyser » 03 Feb 2019, 18:03

fortunately you are not one of our friends, the balance would have been completely fucked then
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Supreme Commander
 
Posts: 1617
Joined: 17 May 2013, 14:27
Has liked: 396 times
Been liked: 443 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Re: Disable wreck killing by enemy team

Postby Farmsletje » 03 Feb 2019, 18:15

keyser wrote:fortunately you are not one of our friends, the balance would have been completely fucked then

stop being so elitist
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Evaluator
 
Posts: 936
Joined: 14 Sep 2016, 18:38
Has liked: 310 times
Been liked: 371 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Re: Disable wreck killing by enemy team

Postby NapSpan » 11 Feb 2019, 14:39

Endranii wrote:Like in topic, I find it very unfun that enemy can kill wrecks thus denying the reclaim. Reclaim is very fun mechanic and should see more use.
Right now I need enemy to not pay attention otherwise he can nuke those 2 wrecks of experimentals on my part of map denying me 34k mass which makes it impossible to use such fun mechanic like reclaim.

Low quality bait
We have "Continentals" so moving shit around must be important.
User avatar
NapSpan
Avatar-of-War
 
Posts: 241
Joined: 27 Apr 2015, 16:25
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 61 times
FAF User Name: NapSpan


Return to Balance Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest