NOOB SAFETY NET

Moderators: Zock, JaggedAppliance

Re: NOOB SAFETY NET

Postby EvanGalea » 12 Aug 2017, 06:05

Guesswho wrote:
SNIPE

The same goes for the ACU health. It takes twenty t1 units to kill an ACU, it takes a misclick for the exposed ACU to start reclaiming a tree and stumble into the t1 units. Sometimes on his own t1 units. So I propose to increase all ACU healths, including upgrades and promotions, by 50%. The result will be that in tiny maps noobs will exchange bases slightly more often, while good players will simply compensate with one more factory for spam. In tiny and average maps aggressive play will be easier, spam will last few minutes more and this will allow for more manoeuvres and raids. In large maps this will make ACUs vs experimentals slightly easier, and cheesy snipes with six corsairs or three tactical missiles will require nine or five respectively.

How?

It really feels like you're just saying things for the sake of saying things. Like how will aggression be at all possible when you have to turtle for fear of getting com dropped by a guncom with 50k HP/Shield? How will it enable more manoeuvres and raids when one ACU with smart positioning can basically hold down an entire side by itself? How will spam last longer when Percivals and Loyalists are the only things strong enough to kill an ACU?
Casting games on new and interesting maps!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDwYMS ... 3ZeyXFXb1g
EvanGalea

Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: EvanGalea

Postby Erich von Manstein » 12 Aug 2017, 15:55

"Avoid enemy strength and attack his weakness instead" - Sun Tzu
My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Erich von Manstein
Evaluator

Has liked: 839 times
Been liked: 804 times
FAF User Name: ErichvonManstein

Postby SQuirtlEe » 12 Aug 2017, 19:03

They kinda fixed all these "problems" back in 2010 with SupCom 2 :roll: This game has meant to be a hardcore RTS and I guess thats the reason why so many people still like to play it.
SQuirtlEe

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: SQuirtlEe

Postby nemir » 13 Aug 2017, 03:34

frankly, I would really like a mix of the suggestions to happen.

I get how disappointing it is (for either side really) when someone's ACU misclicks and dies. But the real question for me is, why the heck was it sitting in a position where it could die?? The *whoile* thing about this RTT is to kill the ACU. Why would you put it at the vangaurd of your army...?

I would like the initial ACUs to take a small HP nerf. I would like the upgrades that give HP to cost more. But potentially to return more.

I am sooooo over games where someone's ACU comes walking into my base, or even a firebase. As soon as that happens I know that more than 9 in 10 chance means there is zero strategy left in that particular game. It's almost always a win or die strategy.
nemir

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: nemir

Postby Zeldafanboy » 13 Aug 2017, 04:40

Great thread OP, but you forgot to mention how annoyingly broken T3 air is. If the opponent gets T3 air, you're dead unless you have some yourself. It's a huge advantage. Land based AA isn't cost effective, plus it's way less mobile. Therefore, I suggest that T3 air units not be buildable unless your opponent (or an equal number of members of the opposing team, if team game) has a T3 air factory. Only then will the factory "unlock" and then you can battle in the skies as equals!
>2017

>not playing Cybran

Top kek
Zeldafanboy

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 13 times
FAF User Name: Zeldafanboy

Postby Farmsletje » 13 Aug 2017, 04:48

How did i end up in the youtube comment section?
Farmsletje
Priest

Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 162 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby FtXCommando » 13 Aug 2017, 07:24

You went to the balance forums and expected a serious discussion.
Can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.
FtXCommando

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 60 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby zeroAPM » 13 Aug 2017, 15:47

nemir wrote:The *whoile* thing about this RTT is to kill the ACU.

RTS
zeroAPM
Priest

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 45 times
FAF User Name: Impressingbutton

Postby Guesswho » 15 Aug 2017, 16:03

I lost interest in any balance issue, and I prefer to discuss moderator decisions in public posts.
Part of the thread were deleted and a user was banned. I don't like it and I want all of this to be reverted. I also don't like moderators taking decisions. And I insist that, with or without moderators' decisions, the mood is pretty rotten and I don't like it. You are free to call this trolling, 'cause honestly, it is.
Guesswho

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby speed2 » 15 Aug 2017, 16:18

With that this thread comes to it's end. You can PM a moderator group here on the forums with your concerns or Voodoo directly as he's the moderator councilor.
speed2

Has liked: 445 times
Been liked: 864 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Previous

Return to Balance Discussion