Noob questions... strategy and steam stuff Topic is solved

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Noob questions... strategy and steam stuff

Postby Nemrav » 28 Feb 2015, 00:26

Okay, I've been playing plain old unmodded Supcom:fa and due to the coming school break considering getting it myself however I want to know the following... : would I need to get plain supcom aswell to do the original nations aswell as the seraphim, it was pretty clearly yes when the servers were run by the company. But now the server are not run by them, but then again, the FAF servers are aparently based on the original official ones... So the restriction might still be there..

Also on strategy, what's the recommended campaign strats ? currently for cybran I spam destroyers and tell them to stomp the land bases. UEF I spam bots, which works well enough... But I'm not sure for aeon, and am stubbed the the 3rd last mission where there is no land (seraphim rushes with arty)

And what are the best long term (rush timer) strat guides for multiplayer...
TY :roll: this is a typical tl:dr 1st forum post I suppose its traditional
final question : how often do new people join the FAF comunity, often or is it a club of only vets like supcom 2 ?
Nemrav

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Nemrav

Re: Noob questions... strategy and steam stuff  Topic is solved

Postby Exotic_Retard » 28 Feb 2015, 00:48

over 50% of the community is relatively new/casual players - long time pros are a minority here - this is because the community has grown over time, and its still growing!

you can play without any restricitons here - you only need fa to enjoy the whole game, and more
the only reason to have vanilla supcom is to play the faf enhanced vanilla campaign. all other feaures work without it. (this might too but im not sure)

http://wiki.faforever.com/index.php?title=Main_Page
for information consult this. it has info on lobby functions and also in game tutorials. (they concern multiplayer and not campaign afaik)

finally, welcome!

i hope you enjoy your (indefinite) stay here!
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Re: Noob questions... strategy and steam stuff

Postby Rogueleader89 » 28 Feb 2015, 04:19

Nemrav wrote:And what are the best long term (rush timer) strat guides for multiplayer...

I don't play no rush but generally speaking good strategy holds throughout the entire game, maintain a balanced economy (don't run out of mass or power ever but always be spending it), always expand your economy, build a good unit mix to deal with your enemies remembering that experimentals aren't everything, and be prepared to be hit by everything at the end of that no rush timer :P.

Nemrav wrote:TY :roll: this is a typical tl:dr 1st forum post I suppose its traditional
final question : how often do new people join the FAF comunity, often or is it a club of only vets like supcom 2 ?

We get new people fairly regularly, some return from having played before but a lot of people are still discover the game for the first time, as sako has said, most of the community is composed of newer and/or casual players, though its worth mentioning that the learning curve for the game is steep and if you've only been playing the campaign/singleplayer it may take you awhile to get over some of the initial hurtles (also a few new things in faf to get use to like engi-mod and of course the changed balance).
Rogueleader89

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 26 times
FAF User Name: JadeXyan

Return to General Questions