Sera/Aeon late game

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Re: Sera/Aeon late game

Postby Kalvirox » 17 Mar 2015, 16:20

codepants wrote:That is a game of air dominance, but IMO it was only useful because of the harby drops, which were only possible because Adjux got T3 waaaaay before Taffy did. They certainly played a part, but it seemed to me like Adjux was already ahead and those just sealed the deal. Additionally, the gunships did get a few kills between them, but in most cases less than they were worth... Taffy put flak everywhere. That's exactly the problem I was talking about -- it's easy (even on a map of that size, apparently) to cover all your assets with enough flak to moot t2 air.

Firstly this was me when I renamed to taffy.

Secondly he was able to get harbies so much faster because he bought time with the gunships.
Getting gunships forces out t2 land and flak. Getting enough to cover a map is expensive. Adjux would have had to invest more into land than he did at the start meaning that his eco could develop faster than mine did because I was spending mine on facs to get tanks out. Gunships deal with t1 really well and I knew when I saw the gunships that I could not attack because otherwise my units would die and I would just feed mass. With no hope for an air advantage, I had to go t2 and flak which would otherwise have been 2 t2 mexes in mass easily. He made in investment that forced me to make a larger one allowing him to start the snowball faster than I did. Also I had to go fast t2 anyway because Aurora :( . Loki is a bitch because the hardest part is making the initial jump to t2 mexes, starting the eco snowball.
[SFo]T4ffytr0n2014: You can tell Kalvirox comes from the south by what he is having for lunch
SeraphimLeftNut: Two pieces of copper are electrically the same, but you can stab people with one piece and send UDP packets through another
Kalvirox
Evaluator

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 133 times
FAF User Name: Kalvirox

Postby Vee » 17 Mar 2015, 17:28

Yes harbs are too strong. As soon as a single harb is out all t2 is obsolete. They are so fast that even if you go bricks/percies fast, you still lose all your stuff because you can never catch up or they just micro the harb and win anyway (lets not even talk about othuum).
Vee
Evaluator

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Vee

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 16 Feb 2016, 16:49

codepants, I doubt there is an answer that you will like. Not play Aeon or Sera in ladder games :) ? I mean, I see what you are trying to say. It seems to me that with Seraphim, the best way to win is to spam Ilshavohs and Yenzynes. With Aeon - probably a fast transition to T2 (before your opponent), spam Obsidians and scout often for weak spots to strike at? I played against a friend as UEF and he was Cybran. He played pretty passively, got a T2 ACU and built a PD. But I used my T2 tank divisions that in a frontal attack would've been defeated to go AROUND his PD and strike him at his back. Replay is attached.
Attachments
4367583-LichKing2033.fafreplay
LichKing2033 vs. terra7
(43.49 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Previous

Return to Tactics/strategy help