Cybran Vs UEF Cruisers

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Re: Cyrban Vs UEF Cruisers

Postby Flamingo » 27 Feb 2015, 20:52

Petric also recommended I focus more on map awareness and scouting. I lose track of it and build up silly stock piles of idle scout planes. It's something I'll keep practicing. The monkeylord was a silly attempt at a last hurrah. I figured it wouldn't work, but if happened it would be worth the screams of anguish from my friends. It didn't work.

But on the torpedo bombers, are they actually effective at combating cruisers? You need a minimum of four if the cruiser has no veterancy, but a maximum of eight if you don't want to spend more than your opponent in mass. How many bombers might someone use to attack a cruiser, and can they be shot down before they drop their payload?

I find when I use them, they feel like using duct tape and gum to fix a major structural failure. Torpedo bombers, in my experience, have seemed a hair's width from useless, as the only thing they're more useful against than gunships are cruisers and carriers, and both those ships have potent AA in any case. Maybe I'm using them wrong, though?
Flamingo

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: Flamingo

Re: Cyrban Vs UEF Cruisers

Postby ZeRen » 28 Feb 2015, 09:04

Flamingo wrote:Petric also recommended I focus more on map awareness and scouting. I lose track of it and build up silly stock piles of idle scout planes. It's something I'll keep practicing. The monkeylord was a silly attempt at a last hurrah. I figured it wouldn't work, but if happened it would be worth the screams of anguish from my friends. It didn't work.

But on the torpedo bombers, are they actually effective at combating cruisers? You need a minimum of four if the cruiser has no veterancy, but a maximum of eight if you don't want to spend more than your opponent in mass. How many bombers might someone use to attack a cruiser, and can they be shot down before they drop their payload?

I find when I use them, they feel like using duct tape and gum to fix a major structural failure. Torpedo bombers, in my experience, have seemed a hair's width from useless, as the only thing they're more useful against than gunships are cruisers and carriers, and both those ships have potent AA in any case. Maybe I'm using them wrong, though?

for killing Aeon cruser is best T2 torp bomber, you need 7 I think and they kill it in one pass and many of them will survive, T3 torṕ bomber is not so good he all so destory cruiser in one pass, but will die, so you lose more mass

I didnt test more cruisers vs. more torp bombers...

7xT2 torp = +- 1x T3 torp in mass
ZeRen
Evaluator

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 49 times
FAF User Name: ZeRen

Re: Cybran Vs UEF Cruisers

Postby Teralitha » 15 Jul 2015, 01:31

A single T1 submarine will destroy 1000 UEF cruisers.... Why build bombers when you can build subs? Or build a TML. Even the AI builds TML for defense and it works wonders.
Teralitha
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Teralitha

Postby belatedcube » 15 Jul 2015, 02:00

Because t1 subs are weak and innefficient at killing things and would die quickly in normal curcumstances.
[BC]Totaltuna: always look before you tab
belatedcube

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: belatedcube1021

Postby KrogothFTW » 27 Jul 2015, 19:17

Don't forget, if you can build loyalists, they can guard important structures from TAC missiles.
KrogothFTW

Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Destruct0mat

Postby speed2 » 27 Jul 2015, 19:58

KrogothFTW wrote:Don't forget, if you can build loyalists, they can guard important structures from TAC missiles.

they wont deflect all the missiles
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby ZeRen » 27 Jul 2015, 22:15

speed2 wrote:
KrogothFTW wrote:Don't forget, if you can build loyalists, they can guard important structures from TAC missiles.

they wont deflect all the missiles

yea I tested it, it is not that good
ZeRen
Evaluator

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 49 times
FAF User Name: ZeRen

Previous

Return to Tactics/strategy help