Tactics/Strategy help. Answering your questions.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Re: Tactics/Strategy help. Answering your questions.

Postby PhilipJFry » 11 Jul 2016, 19:15

Lots of t1 pd and then some t2 shields are the easiest way to defend against telelaser
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby Nepty » 11 Jul 2016, 19:16

EvanGalea wrote:Quick question, if I suspect my opponent is preparing to telesnipe me, and there is no safe water around to hide my acu, what is the cheapest way to gurantee safety for my acu?

Put acu on a transport. Stay in the air.
Original join Date: August 21, 2012 | Original FAF account: Cybrankiller | Highest skill rating: 1780
Favorite map: Vale of Isis | Favorite faction: UEF | Favorite opponent: Anaryl | Favorite pro: Chosen
Nepty

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 56 times
FAF User Name: Sapphire

Postby PhilipJFry » 11 Jul 2016, 19:17

don't go in a transport and stay there thats basically suicide
edit: if your opponent can afford to spend massive amounts of energy on telelaser he will have more than enough eco to get a few of those stealthy cybran asf out which will take out your transport with the acu in it.
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Postby Nepty » 11 Jul 2016, 20:55

Obviously teleport isn't instantaneous. The ACU has to power up for a while after selecting an area to teleport. At that time the air or quickly moving to another location is the best option to me. Staying still is the dumbest thing a person can do at the time. You Risk dying if defenses are inadequate.

Obviously going on to a transport without good air defenses/forces is stupid.

I posted the cheapest counter (air ACU), not the absolute counter. However, I know the real counter is a personal shielded ACU, protected by overlapping shield generators, with so much t1 pd. Time is critical sometime.

Fact: I have never been tele mazered in the history of this game...
Nepty

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 56 times
FAF User Name: Sapphire

Postby PhilipJFry » 11 Jul 2016, 21:34

Teleporting takes something like 10 secs iirc if you don't stall energy while doing so. Walking somewhere is the best way to get yourself killed against telelaser.
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Postby Petricpwnz » 11 Jul 2016, 23:15

EvanGalea wrote:Quick question, if I suspect my opponent is preparing to telesnipe me, and there is no safe water around to hide my acu, what is the cheapest way to gurantee safety for my acu?

T1 pds and com shield, if dont have com shield make static shields in a circle around your com in such a way thay they overlap at the point where your acu is, covering it from all directions. Make sure you dont accidentally move your com.
Blackheart wrote:actually i love lolis and want petry to be my waifu

Scientifically proving that Blackheart is a weeb - https://imgur.com/a/J436c | https://clips.twitch.tv/AssiduousAverageOxMikeHogu

Best meme of 2017 - https://puu.sh/yLsvH/abbf54eb99.mp4
Petricpwnz
Priest

Has liked: 442 times
Been liked: 473 times
FAF User Name: Fremy_Speeddraw

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 12 Jul 2016, 03:11

Yes, T1 PDs own telemazers - higher DPS than T2, lower cost and higher accuracy. Personal shield if UEF (I wouldn't do area shield because it's easy to telemaze under it and then the shield is useless), overlapping shields because as sera/aeon you'll probably want RAS+ARAS (If no RAS/ARAS, then Aeon shield/double shield, Seraphim double Nano + right hand Gun, T2/T3 suites at will). Keeping a couple E storages for overcharge can prove crucial.
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby Hawkei » 12 Jul 2016, 04:17

Nepty wrote:

Put acu on a transport. Stay in the air.

This solves one problem, but creates another. As soon as your opponent gets wind of where you are they will send every available ASF to take you out. If you did this, you'd want an impenetrable air defence and you'd want to be in a Continental. You could give this tactic some longevity by orbiting stealth generators, and parking underneath T3 shield generators. But if your opponent discovers where you are (and believe me, if they have telemaser, they will be looking) you're basically dead.

Teleporting yourself is only useful if you can stop the little portal giving away the enemy tele. It can also be useful to pre-emptively teleport to different positions. If you have several prepared "bunkers" for your ACU, and randomly teleport between them every 2 minutes, this could potentially work. IMO this is a lot of effort for no gain when you could just make personal shield + PD and be done with it.

The safest place to be is underwater. But failing this, a bunker complete with stealth field, interlocking T2 shields, and about 15 T1 PD is the best way to go.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby biass » 12 Jul 2016, 04:27

thats just completely fucking unnecessary
blind, leading the blind to the edge they're.. falling...
scout > is enemy making telemazer? > t1 pd spam if yes > gg
you havent scouted but yet still see incoming tele > spam t1 pd and luck out, or die, gg

but hey this is petric's thread not mine
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Hawkei » 12 Jul 2016, 04:46

biass wrote:thats just completely fucking unnecessary
blind, leading the blind to the edge they're.. falling...
scout > is enemy making telemazer? > t1 pd spam if yes > gg
you havent scouted but yet still see incoming tele > spam t1 pd and luck out, or die, gg

but hey this is petric's thread not mine

Sorry, yea, just trying to explain why transport and teleport are bad ideas and how they could possibly work. Only merit I can see in Teleport is if you happen to be playing on a 40 km or 81 km map, and have alternate defensive positions to teleport to... But when does this happen? Almost never.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

PreviousNext

Return to Tactics/strategy help