Tactics/Strategy help. Answering your questions.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Re: Tactics/Strategy help. Answering your questions.

Postby briang » 08 Jun 2016, 04:40

Really once you've lost navy you've lost navy. Once you lose your options for getting back in the water are incredibly inneficient; if they weren't there'd be no point to early aggression. The key is to scout and know what your opponent is doing. If you are playing against aggressive players (that you think will push you hard at t2) you should avoid UEF.

Fatboy vs. Navy is one of the things I see new players do a lot that is just awful. It has battleship DPS, shit HP, and costs 4x more. If you have that much mass and you've lost navy you're better off putting mass into alternative eco sources like massfabs and RAS SACUs than into a useless fatboy.
Ninrai 2015- briang is usually an aggressive d****e
briang
Spammer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: YouLikeThat

Postby Hawkei » 08 Jun 2016, 08:52

briang wrote:Really once you've lost navy you've lost navy. Once you lose your options for getting back in the water are incredibly inneficient; if they weren't there'd be no point to early aggression. The key is to scout and know what your opponent is doing. If you are playing against aggressive players (that you think will push you hard at t2) you should avoid UEF.

Fatboy vs. Navy is one of the things I see new players do a lot that is just awful. It has battleship DPS, shit HP, and costs 4x more. If you have that much mass and you've lost navy you're better off putting mass into alternative eco sources like massfabs and RAS SACUs than into a useless fatboy.

No one builds a Fatboy for the HP - and considering that Battleships are the primary target a comparable DPS is acceptable. The strength which the Fatboy and Demolishers both have over the Klink Hammer is their being mobile units. As such they can be better protected by stealth fields. Baring the TML, or T3 artillery, the Fatboy is the only UEF land asset capable of engaging with Battleships.

I would however suggest that amphibious tank, torpedo bomber, and T3 gunship spam are going to be the better options. But for these to work your team needs air control.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby biass » 08 Jun 2016, 10:08

a fatboy is worth 35 Demolishers

a fatboy with three guns on targets (best case) is like 750 dps, considering all of it hits (it wont)

35 Demolishers gives 2625 dps, considering all of it hits (it wont)

On topic: If your enemy is UEF/Seraphim, you can shoot MML's at their destroyers because of their short range, but as a UEF player being knocked off of beach your life is essentially forfeit, Scout more, win more :)
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Exotic_Retard » 08 Jun 2016, 14:41

biass wrote:glorious mathematics

i love these. these are great.

http://www.faforever.com/faf/unitsDB/unit.php?bp=UEL0401
so i heard that fatboys have 750 dps per gun ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Postby biass » 08 Jun 2016, 14:44

Exotic_Retard wrote:
biass wrote:glorious mathematics

i love these. these are great.

http://www.faforever.com/faf/unitsDB/unit.php?bp=UEL0401
so i heard that fatboys have 750 dps per gun ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

im using el spooko http://spooky.github.io/unitdb/#/UEL0401 because unitsdb looks shit
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby briang » 08 Jun 2016, 17:49

Fatboy is useless vs battleships period Hawkei. Stealth means absolutely nothing; countered by spamming a 40 mass unit. The only land asset capable of effectively engaging battleships for any faction (from inland not walking in the ocean) is the Scathis.
Ninrai 2015- briang is usually an aggressive d****e
briang
Spammer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: YouLikeThat

Postby lextoc » 08 Jun 2016, 17:53

To water down those new subforums I'm creating this thread. As the title says, ask any questions regarding game tactics/strategy and you host Petricpwnz a.k.a Pachuriko will answer them with from his humble POV and try to give some tips. Taking questions of any lvl of gameplay.
I'm watching you!
lextoc
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 287 times
Been liked: 227 times
FAF User Name: lextoc

Postby TheKoopa » 08 Jun 2016, 18:05

Aight guys if you want to continue this discussion make a new thread in the tactics forum, further posts will be deleted
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby Hawkei » 09 Jun 2016, 03:00

TheKoopa wrote:Aight guys if you want to continue this discussion make a new thread in the tactics forum, further posts will be deleted

Sorry I misread. Didn't realise this was your personal advice thread. Please continue the UEF counter navy conversation here. http://forums.faforever.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=12558

Moderator please feel free to relocate any posts here into that thread.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby Evan_ » 11 Jul 2016, 16:00

Quick question, if I suspect my opponent is preparing to telesnipe me, and there is no safe water around to hide my acu, what is the cheapest way to gurantee safety for my acu?
Evan_

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 80 times
FAF User Name: Evan_

PreviousNext

Return to Tactics/strategy help