Tactics/Strategy help. Answering your questions.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Re: Tactics/Strategy help. Answering your questions.

Postby keyser » 21 Apr 2016, 14:52

just ground fire if you know where it is ;)
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Datguy » 02 Jun 2016, 22:18

I'm playing UEF beach spot on Seton. I'm late getting navy up. I know he's got t2 navy already. My fleet is half his size. I got 1 destroyer and a half dozen frigates. I know he has at least 2 destroyers, 2 cruisers, too many frigate. I build torp bombers and hover. What else can I do?

T2 arty? Will that work?
T3 ravenger?
Datguy
Crusader

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Datguy

Postby yorick » 03 Jun 2016, 16:00

Datguy wrote:I'm playing UEF beach spot on Seton. I'm late getting navy up. I know he's got t2 navy already. My fleet is half his size. I got 1 destroyer and a half dozen frigates. I know he has at least 2 destroyers, 2 cruisers, too many frigate. I build torp bombers and hover. What else can I do?

T2 arty? Will that work?
T3 ravenger?

You can try using torp bombers and maybe t2 arty if there are only few destroyer/cruiser, but at this point it probably is to late. Ravenger is getting outranged by destroyers and cruisers iirc.
I would say the main problem was letting your opponent get all that stuff without preparing yourself i.e. getting a bigger navy, so it probably is a scouting problem. I'm not a setons player myself, but as far as i know the navy players will have to provide their own t1 air and scouting until the airplayer reaches t3 air.
yorick

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 27 times
FAF User Name: yorick

Postby Petricpwnz » 03 Jun 2016, 19:18

As yorick said it's already too late in this kind of scenario. But since it's a teamgame, ask your mid/air player to help.
Get t2 com and make t2 topr launchers, or t1 if opponent is aeon or cybran.
Make a few more t1 factories up front and hide your navy behind them, spend all time dodging and buying time hoping help comes or opponent totally mismicroes his fleet.
If you really lack frigates make hover, as for t2 arty - make it only if you have excess mass/your build power is being killed.
Blackheart wrote:actually i love lolis and want petry to be my waifu

Scientifically proving that Blackheart is a weeb - https://imgur.com/a/J436c | https://clips.twitch.tv/AssiduousAverageOxMikeHogu

Best meme of 2017 - https://puu.sh/yLsvH/abbf54eb99.mp4
Petricpwnz
Priest

Has liked: 442 times
Been liked: 473 times
FAF User Name: Fremy_Speeddraw

Postby nine2 » 04 Jun 2016, 01:47

Why t1 torps vs aeon n cyb?
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby TheKoopa » 04 Jun 2016, 05:01

Anihilnine wrote:Why t1 torps vs aeon n cyb?

Sera and UEF destro have the same range as a t2 torp Launcher iirc, while aeon and cyb have longer so kinda pointless to sink mass into a t2 torp only to have it die in 5 seconds.
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby nine2 » 07 Jun 2016, 14:45

Okkk.. but wont a t1 die in 5 seconds also?
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Postby briang » 07 Jun 2016, 17:08

Have you looked at their mass/hp? Have you looked at their build time with a T2 commander/several engineers? Have you ever played a game that would require you to even make such a decision?

No, no... and probably not
Ninrai 2015- briang is usually an aggressive d****e
briang
Spammer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: YouLikeThat

Postby nine2 » 07 Jun 2016, 23:20

Thanks for your help mate
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Postby Hawkei » 08 Jun 2016, 04:01

Datguy wrote:I'm playing UEF beach spot on Seton. I'm late getting navy up. I know he's got t2 navy already. My fleet is half his size. I got 1 destroyer and a half dozen frigates. I know he has at least 2 destroyers, 2 cruisers, too many frigate. I build torp bombers and hover. What else can I do?

T2 arty? Will that work?
T3 ravenger?

Given that you are playing vs. an equal rated opponent. It would be hoped that you have an economic advantage in going late navy. The trouble is however that getting into the water can be really difficult if you're landlocked. Fortunately, UEF has some good tools for getting into the water and stands a better chance of mounting a coastal defence.

Firstly, continue with the naval fight for as long as you can. Keep your ships close to the shore. The closer the battle takes place to your base, the closer will be the reclaim field, and the more quickly you can build up a navy when you get back into the water. The naval battle must be fought even if you will eventually loose. Because, this battle will give you time to come up with a suitable coastal defence.

The best form of defence will come from a combination of Riptides and Storks (T2 amphibious tanks and torpedo bombers). So spam these units like their is no tomorrow. If you are quick about it, you may even save your navy.

The next line of defence is Ravagers, Klink Hammers, and Shield Generators. Followed by batteries of TML for dealing with Battleships. If you face missile bombardment be sure to make TMD. The purpose of Klink Hammers is to fend off the Destroyers and force the transition to T3 navy. The purpose of Ravagers is to stop the ships coming in close and raking your shipyard. You only want 2 or 3 ravagers. The rest should be Klink Hammers. But, this form of defence is inferior to making units - and they are no help at all once you're trying to get back in the water... This defence is inferior to T3 navy and will eventually loose; but it will be some time before the enemy can field the required number of T3 ships to break your turtle. The best you can do is fend him off your coastline, and divert your eco into some other project. At this point in the game, you are really just buying time for your team to come through with a win.

After this you may want to consider T3 land units and experimental units. The Demolisher + mobile shield combo is more versatile than a battery of Klink Hammers, and the Fatboy is the equivalent of a land battleship. If you put these units under a stealth field generator they will have much better survivability and will be a real headache for your opponent.

After this. I would suggest you make the transition to T3 air. Help your air player by making ASF, and then spam Broadswords. A large wing of Broadswords will win vs. navy. Then you want to get back into the water quickly with a Broadsword + Atlantis combo.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

PreviousNext

Return to Tactics/strategy help