Bomber Micro

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Bomber Micro

Postby TickleMeElmo » 27 Nov 2012, 01:51

Hi,

So I have been watching quite a few replays. I have tried doing it on my own but can't seem to figure out, how people are doing this. I right click and tell the bomber to say bomb an engineer, he moves no bomb. I have watched people change the bombers target practically on top of the target and it drops the bomb, also I have seen them hit moving targets. What are they doing?
TickleMeElmo

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: TickleMeElmo

Re: Bomber Micro

Postby ColonelSheppard » 27 Nov 2012, 07:43

"S"-key = stop

Bomber has Radar, if you think something will come into Radar range soon, or you already see something you do this

spam "s" and (atack/)move command, like this you can move very slowly and target units correctly
(you can also turn around fast and without moving away from your position)
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby TickleMeElmo » 28 Nov 2012, 22:03

I tried it out last night with some success. Just to verify, do I keep spamming the attack move right click as well as the s key, or is it just stop and I right click to target once.
TickleMeElmo

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: TickleMeElmo

Postby ColonelSheppard » 29 Nov 2012, 00:52

spamming both as long as you have not turned to the right direction, as soon as your bomber did this you press the atack key a last time look what happens, press "S" imediatelly after the bomb drop to select a new target with the same strategy, note that bombers have some kind of reload time and that you have to have a certain distance to your next target
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Myxir » 29 Nov 2012, 17:58

bomber micro is a little different for each faction

if you want to try it out, use a sera bomber, they are easiest to handle as they can throw their bomb in a wider angles than the other bombers

cybran is almost as easy, but the bombs it throws are often split on a large field if you do that so the enemy unit got a higher chance to survive (less damage for less hits)

aeon and uef bomber need to look exactly in the direction where their target is, that means they can't throw their bombs out sideways and are thus far harder to handle, because you have to make them turn before throwing another bomb... if you don't, they will fly away and try a normal pass, as they usually do
Unhappy with balance http://i.imgur.com/q5G2BlM.png
Myxir
Evaluator

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 306 times
FAF User Name: Washy (irc)

Return to Tactics/strategy help