Where did I go wrong? Topic is solved

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Where did I go wrong?

Postby Deribus » 27 Nov 2017, 10:20

I had a ladder game recently where I won a good portion of map control, and seemed to have won the early game, but at the late game I just fell apart, and I'm not sure why. Could someone take a look at this replay and provide some input please?
Attachments
7109803.fafreplay
(169.83 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
Deribus

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Deribus

Re: Where did I go wrong?  Topic is solved

Postby biass » 27 Nov 2017, 11:33

At ~12 minutes into the game you have about half of the map as you should, but you have less eco and your one major advantage (your t2 bots) are mostly afk in some rally point in the middle of the map. Red is three mexes higher then you, and with similar tech on both acu and factory. You made gun early on but you didn't do enough damage with it to justify it yet.

The major issue is ofc the afk units, having 50% of your t2 advantage afk at any one time is what really lost you out but also making sure you don't fall behind on eco by scouting and making sure to keep up can help you too.
Red never had his pillars sitting around, so he kept his damage up while yours were wasted

other notes
I don't see any real reaction to the t2 air aka i didn't see any flak made despite you scouting the snipe being built
I also don't see any reaction to your enemy having t3 land either, i know he only made titans but if he made percivals you would not have lasted very long, ilshy don't cut it vs t3
the t2 navy hq was questionable at best and a game losing waste of mass at worst that could have been put into t3 land

thats basically it really, try to fix these: TL;DR:
t2 land advantage wasted because units were afk
fell behind in t2 mex count/didnt do enough damage to justify falling behind (with gun especially)
poor reactions to snipe and also to t3 land (poor decision making with t2 navy probably killed you outright)

enjoy xoxo
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Re: Where did I go wrong?

Postby moonbearonmeth » 27 Nov 2017, 13:03

biass wrote:I don't see any real reaction to the t2 air aka i didn't see any flak made despite you scouting the snipe being built

He did react. He just reacted by build another 4 t1 air factories to spam interceptors. On that note he kept spamming inties long after he had enough to be 'safe' and probably could've pushed these factories into a more offensive role.
Ask me about my amazing content production to watch while you wait in a lobby.
moonbearonmeth
Priest

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Suomi KP-31 desu

Postby biass » 27 Nov 2017, 14:05

I saw it, that wasn't a reaction to the snipe but to losing air, i only saw one mobile flak, afk up top while his army died to gunships
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Deribus » 01 Dec 2017, 15:56

So sounds like my biggest issue is I don't know when to attack, and I should be scouting a lot more to see what my opponent's weaknesses are and push them as soon as I see a unit advantage on my side.
Deribus

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Deribus

Return to Tactics/strategy help