Decent noob that can't spam

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Re: Decent noob that can't spam

Postby tallian2 » 15 Jun 2017, 12:16

la0michael wrote:You guys rock,.. its more so of a time invested with practice thing to get the hang of it im starting to see,.. and reclaim is the biggest thing,.. i rely too much on mexes and trying to upgrade my eco fast,.. I used to believe that you needed at least one t2 mex in order to span hard or at least 7 mexes, but im seeing from you all its the production radar and time management that makes one successful at spamming,.. i also often overbuild power

T1 Spamming is about balancing mass income and factory production. It is no use having 6 or 8 factories if you haven't got the mass to support it. Short term this can come from reclaim, longer term you will need mex's. 2 t1 mexs will support 1 factory on loop production, if you are relying on reclaim, you may be better not looping the production of some of your factories, so they stop producing when your reclaim runs out.

t2 mexes take 2.5 mins to repay themselves, so keep that in mind when upgrading. When you do upgrade, make sure you have an advantage that will last 2.5 mins, or that it will take your opponent 2.5 mins to gain an advantage. For the former and easy example is a decisive battle that leaves you with a wreck field and still numerically superior, use the wreck field to fuel your mex upgrade. For the latter, make sure you have enough space on the map for a fighting withdraw.

As for overbuilding power, I found that building power storage helped me get over this. It is not optimal, but it gives you a bit more time to react to power fluctuations and as you get better at predicting power fluctuation (rather than reacting) you can cut back on storage.
tallian2
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: Tallian2

Postby Masyaka » 18 Jun 2017, 17:18

In general, play aeon and make auroras with 1/2 factories amount that enemy has and eco meanwhile holding him off. Dont forget to micro.

Then, imrpovise. T1 is no longer a threat for you.

I never like t1 spam wars... try to scatter t2 pd once you get t2 and enough eco.
Masyaka
Priest

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: Rok-Weiler

Postby NapSpan » 18 Jun 2017, 22:38

Or just take UEF and skip totally T1 stage, build some units to raid and defend but you want pillars rolling out around minute 5 :D
We have "Continentals" so moving shit around must be important.
NapSpan

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 61 times
FAF User Name: NapSpan

Postby Masyaka » 19 Jun 2017, 08:03

NapSpan wrote:Or just take UEF and skip totally T1 stage, build some units to raid and defend but you want pillars rolling out around minute 5 :D

Yes, i always do that when im playing UEF. Mongooses will deny all T1 and force enemy to go t2 for PD or, try to spam air. Same can be done as cyb with hoplites.
Masyaka
Priest

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: Rok-Weiler

Previous

Return to Tactics/strategy help