Aeon vs turtling

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Re: Aeon vs turtling

Postby Gorton » 18 Oct 2016, 04:26

I say follow biass advice

T1 pd are delaying tools and unmicroed raid deniers
1 arty -> ded
If they try to stop your arty then your tanks will murder theirs at t1 as they try

Radar is very important as aeon. Have them far up , also consider more air presence (and therefore, air scouts ), as you don't need as much land due to aurora, put mass into air
If you don't see a raid coming, more intel with radars, land scouts, air scouts. If you do and can't stop it, better positioning of your army, or maybe just put up t1 pd to cover areas. Like said before, they're delaying tools.
Also, walls.

Raiding can mean a few different things, e.g a couple of units or a large number, in the first case if you're not able to pay attention to those units for a bit then yes it's harder with aurora, in the second large numbers of aurora should wipe out any other t1 force as long as you're not too heavily outnumbered, and if you have a larger force you should def pay more attention to it

Against t2 pd, there is mml in the game, and later t3 arty

skip t2 as much as possible with your t1 advantage and bring harbs to kill all
"who is this guy, he didnt play gpg or what?" - RA_ZLO

*FAF Moderator*
Gorton
Councillor - Moderation

Has liked: 1067 times
Been liked: 455 times
FAF User Name: Gorton

Re: Aeon vs turtling

Postby codepants » 20 Oct 2016, 22:38

Darth_Google wrote:i'd really appreciate a more solid advice than a 'micro more go t3'.

I think aeon t2 is underrated but 'micro more go t3' is really the gist of the race.

The races are supposed to play differently. If you play aeon like you play cybran, you will lose. If you don't want to micro, that's fine -- don't play aeon. But you will need to micro if you want to win aeon. Any time you have a unit that's built for range over health, you'll need to micro it. And most of aeon is built for range over health.
codepants
Priest

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 54 times
FAF User Name: codepants

Previous

Return to Tactics/strategy help